DISPLAYED
(1601) Asa and Konrad

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"I noticed a member of my Covenant might've caused some offence to Your Grace. I didn't catch all of it, but I thought I'd check for certain and offer an apology if there's cause for it. Probably wouldn't mean as much coming from me, but then if I'd known she'd be causing trouble I'd have helped to keep a closer eye on her."

A Carthian apologizing to the First Estate. Konrad's aware of the irony. But Pride's never been an issue with the practiced bottom-feeder. If an apology could stave off an shadowy execution, his Covenant might yet survive in the Domain.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Prefect Roth."

Asa smiled politely as he exchanged the man's titles for the most relevant one. His eyes moved over Court before settling back on Konrad. A head count doesn't take long when the sum is only one.

"You will never have to apologize for your Covenant, unless it acts en masse, or individuals do so under your instruction."
    Asa paused to let that sink in. To a small degree it surprised him that the man had been in the Domain so long and hadn't realized such. "I only hold you blindly accountable for your Blood, and I have provided you with some means to go with that accountability."

Karen Graves had been Ventrue...

...and dealt with by the preeminent Ventrue.

"But I do find your concern curious."
    Asa made an exaggerated show of miming putting a phantom hat on his own head. "And so I have my Judex hat on now," he grinned.

"Are you under the impression that there is discord between our Covenants?"
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

3. Likes Wod.Infant liked this post

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad smirks at the pantomime, noting the use of his title. "Oh, not at all. Though you know how rumors get started. I'd like to think that the Movement and the First Estate can get on well without issue. Don't want a misunderstanding to ruin that," he explains cautiously. He gets the message and decides to drop further mention of Graves.

"But since we've got our hats on, I'd just like to say how much I've appreciated the First Estate's...rapport towards our little experiment. After the recent exodus of its members I guess I've been going it solo up till now. Still, I try to take my position seriously and work on good relations with the other Covenants. Shame about that business with Fernandez. But then that guy liked to talk. Not always quality over quantity. You won't get that kind of trouble from me."

One of the trade-offs of the Movement is that everyone has a voice and are oftentimes inclined to use it. There's a time and a place for everything.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Indeed, Mr. Fernandez chose his words poorly."

It was strange to think that more people had died in the name or religion than any other untimely cause -- a pattern that had spanned centuries, and yet an immortal would fail to heed that lesson.

"I've had interesting conversations with some of the past members of your Covenant,"
    Asa continued, breezing over the topic of Fernandez. "It's a shame that Miss Cohen decided to leave the city."

Maybe, like Arnoud Giessen, she'd simply lost faith.

"Tell me, since you are the only remaining member, what is your vision for an experiment in Sacramento?"
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad seems to have no issue with the subject change, though if Marco's death discouraged her decision to remain it made the Daeva's passing all the more tragic.

"Miss Cohen is why I joined the Movement to begin with." Two One of the reasons anyways. "Her ideas of adaptation and looking for inspiration from our relationship with the Kine has sparked some of my own thoughts. My vision is to facilitate the needs of the Domain through exchange and favors. I'm partial to the First Estate's custom of using Boons, though there haven't been many willing to make them since I've been in town, 'specially without a Harpy." A negative stigma perhaps, dreaded by those who believe them to be the thread that strangles them.

"So something like a Kindred economy. Though usually Kindred only want one thing, which isn't mine to give. But for everything else...least that's my plan anyways." Oh so noble a cause to help his fellow Kindred. As considerate and charitable as a faceless corporation to its consumers.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"The problem with Prestation," Asa answered with the formal name for exchanging boons, "Is that often they are demanded with duress, rather than negotiated at convenience."

Usually, demanded to overlook a manufactured or perceived slight.

"Or offered in fear."
    Which was entirely valid. "Whether there has been a Harpy or not, rarely have they been recorded for more civil exchanges -- access to a haven or herd in time of need, the tutelage of a Gift, or even one's support in a power play. But perhaps part of the problem is the Harpy."

Asa smiled, a hint of something feral as he studied Konrad.

"Would you like to play a game, Mr. Roth?"

Asa turned slowly, beginning with a swivel of his platinum mane that his body followed. He gestured out toward the Court.

"I see a little over a dozen Kindred? If you can extract a mere five hand written letters of endorsement -- which must be obtained in exchange for a Boon which is recorded in the letter -- then you will be the Harpy of Sacramento."

8. Likes Wod.Infant, Chrisie, Vassagon, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad's face goes slack with surprise. The Office of Harpy, offered to him? And what is this game the Prince wants to play? The Priscus's eyes focus in as if trying to make sense of an unusual move on a chess board. The moment passes and he returns to a polite smile, even if it is forced.

"Your Grace is most generous," he says automatically as he considers the offer. The condition would be that he would owe Boons to five members of the Domain. Is the Prince teaching him a lesson about the true danger a Boon could hold? Or is it a test, an opportunity to prove Konrad's experimental ideas? The answer of course depended on Konrad.

"Alright, you're on. I'll play the game. Five hand-written endorsements for Boons. A taste to get things moving," says the Gangrel in acceptance of the Prince's terms. He doesn't ask for more clarification. Any particulars beyond that were better left vague. Securing each deal would be quite the effort as it is.

"Do you enjoy games, Prince Clarke? A bit of chance and a bit of skill?" he asks, leaving the open-ended question to fill the pause as his mind works to come to grips with what he'd just agreed to.

10. Likes West liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Games?"

Asa's eyes focused on Martha at the piano, then flickered over to the attractive, but silent, violinist. Here, in Court, was one of the games they all played.

"I do enjoy a game every now and then,"
    he continued, turning back to Konrad. The smile was back. He was fairly certain they spoke of entirely different things. It was a subtly different answer than the question asked. Enjoying a game was not the same as enjoying playing a game, and anyone who'd ever spent time around a Lord would know that they enjoyed winning. "Although I tend to favor games of... skill, rather than chance."

And I play most of my games at Asylum.

"And yourself? Do you enjoy games with, ah, 'A bit of chance and a bit of skill'?"
    he asked, quoting Konrad's phrasing.

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"That I do," says Konrad with a slow nod. There's a lot being said in those few words. Favoring skill meant that the Prince left little to chance, and that he fully expects results from the game they are to play, rather than a whimsical curiosity.

"Maybe chance is a poor word for it. Risk and reward, you could say. Course I know what it's like to bite off more than I can chew. Can't win every time, but then I try not to risk anything I'm not willing to lose." And he's lost plenty already. His Ghoul, his Haven, several allies and business partners. At least he still held onto his Requiem.

Konrad notes the gentle melody of Martha's performance and wonders when the costume contest results were to come in. Though so far his conversation with the Prince has proven far more fortunate than he anticipated.

"And what sort of stakes do you prefer to play with? If you don't mind my asking?"

14. Likes West liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Why, Mr. Roth," Asa laughed softly, "The only stakes that are ever worth playing for."

Winning.

A prudent Kindred had lifetimes enough for anything, but there was no currency quite as satisfying as... satisfaction. Perhaps it was his Blood, but he would be surprised if they didn't all feel it. Maybe not on the surface, but deep below where something feral lurked. Every time they even looked at one another, the Beast within demanded it. A winner. A loser.

"But that does indeed sound like a prudent policy,"
    Asa agreed. He glanced at the door, remembering how quickly the Savage had severed ties with his fellow Carthian earlier in the night.

"And what about tonight? I am sure the winner will be announced soon."
    A hand gestured towards Konrad's costume. "Were you playing their game to win?"

Or another game?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread