Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Gemstone eyes flicker to the cat.

"Yeah... Hi..." He rumbles.

His eyes jump back to Daisy's delicate face as she mentions her New York origin.

"I hear ya. I'm from back east too, but found my way here once I got back. You been out long? Back, I mean. Yeah... So. Like, uh, are you still settling in? I've been in this here 'Hold for a few years now. Found my place, if you know what I mean."

A pause.

"Oh! Yeah. Try some of the pastries - they're pretty decent."

He jerked his head over to the table where the pastries and other treats were laid out for all to see.

Daisy Wen @Pixie Stix

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Striking Looks ●● (Delicate)
    Fame ● (Culture - Art World)
    Mantle (Spring) ● The scent of plum blossoms swirl around her, as their petals fall in her wake. Language - Mandarin.
    Mask

A slim and petite women, of seemingly fragile beauty. With hair as black as a raven wing, kept long, either loose around her shoulders, or pulled back into a bun. She has a fair complexion, with delicate features.
    Mien

This Porcelain fawn, Manikin is material, Beast in shape. Artist in reality. comprised a fine white china. Her hair, still long is glazed in jade. Dainty china antler-horns poke out from her hair. Unguligrades legs she crafted for herself, now support dainty deer hoofed feet. Her eyes are large, pupiless, and the entirety of the eye black as pitch. She's lean, her limbs are long, her fingers spindly, but carry a certainty and deftness when plying her craft.

Daisy had long grown used to looks she, and Sly received just for their close association.

"Well I'm from London originally. As if my accent doesn't give me away." the Artist replies with a touch of levity to her voice, "Do you mind if I ask where back east?" the question is asked timidly, then in case the mountain of a man is uncomfortable answering she grasps the first question that flutters into her mind, "Do you know much of the Fortress of Coins? The New York Freehold? I was just...fed up with how it was run...I was with them for...hmmm only a year. Oh it seemed like longer, only since 2014.. Don't worry I've already sworn myself for a year and a day here. In for a penny, in for a pound, I always say!" she blurts out, her tone bright and seemingly with only one breath.

A frown crosses her delicate features, she reaches for black fur, the cat uncurls slightly to headbutt her cheek, before glaring at the mountain of a man for making Daisy sad, he noses her ear before stretching across her shoulders, his head turned away from Green. "I've been Back since '08...it was a...jarring transition to say the least." her tone soft, her mind full of mishaps and memories. The perfect opportunity to take her mind off of the sixty eight years she'd missed is when Green draws her attention to the delicate pastries displayed on the table near them.

"Oh, I suppose I could be persuaded to try one...hmm...is there something with strawberries?" she asks even as her eyes search for something she'd enjoy.

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

The mountain watched and listened impassively.

"Virginia," he replied with a shrug in his voice. "And no. Never been to New York. Don't know too much about it." He paused again. "What was so bad about the way this Fortress of Coins was run? Here... Here we got ourselves a Council, yeah? The Courts have taken a step back, you know, for the... uh... democratic process. Makes a nice change."

Power to the people. By the people. For the people. But he didn't say that.

"Have you been told about the Council yet?"

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Mantle (Spring) ● The scent of plum blossoms swirl around her, as their petals fall in her wake. Language - Mandarin.
    Mask

A slim and petite women, of seemingly fragile beauty. With hair as black as a raven wing, kept long, either loose around her shoulders, or pulled back into a bun. She has a fair complexion, with delicate features.
    Mien

This Porcelain fawn, Manikin is material, Beast in shape. Artist in reality. comprised a fine white china. Her hair, still long is glazed in jade. Dainty china antler-horns poke out from her hair. Unguligrades legs she crafted for herself, now support dainty deer hoofed feet. Her eyes are large, pupiless, and the entirety of the eye black as pitch. She's lean, her limbs are long, her fingers spindly, but carry a certainty and deftness when plying her craft.

"Virginia." Daisy echos, the elemental across from her seemed a taciturn sort, that might be his own preference, but it might also be the fact that he's an elemental. Despite her own overabundance of verbal communications she would close ranks, and refuse to talk of London, so she decides against asking anything further.

"Oh the Fortress of Coins...well it's a lot of petty one-upmanship between Summer and Autumn, they've the most power. Summer has contacts and control everywhere. From pub brawls to Wall Street. Autumn is more of a criminal syndicate, Winter is a bunch of thugs and mercenaries. Spring, promotes balance between Desires. It's why chose to join the Emerald Court in New York. The Courtless....have seemed to pseudo Court, or Faction banding together because they're fed up with everything too."
    Daisy stops abruptly running out of air. Her shoulders shake as she takes in the air she missed during her rant. "Sorry about that. It appears that it's still a sensitive topic for me." her smile then appears a little forced, "I came to Sacramento because I was hoping for a Freehold with more balance between the Courts, but to hear about diplomacy...and a Council...seems more then a little remarkable to me. Miraculous almost." the wonder in her voice is almost palpable. "How are Councilors chosen? Who's on the Council? How often do they meet? What sort of power do they have? When-" she blurts out, as her furry companion, turns and nips her ear, the motion lazy. It seems that he does this often to cut off the stream of her excited babble. "Oh! Sorry! I really need to watch that! I'm like babbling brook of why." she finishes with light laughter.

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green grunted.

"Councillor's are voted by nomination when a seat becomes available... So when one steps down from their post, we all get to nominate who we want for the position and vote on it. Not that it has happened much yet. Its a new thing, see. Having an open Court system didn't quite save the 'Hold in a time of need."

He shrugged.

"Council has seven seats, yeah? Each seat has a different role. We got the Archivist who is, like, a lore master. The Magistrate and the Constable are kind of a tag team - they look after the law between us, such as it is; I guess the Magistrate is kind of like a lawyer 'cause they gotta know of the lore on pledges and such; the Constable is a peace officer. Sounds silly, but we got our own laws just like the mundy folk have theirs."

He paused to collect his thoughts.

"General, they're like the head of security: if we ever go riding out into the Hedge in force they'll be the one in charge. Its never happened and right now* that seat is empty. The Emissary is a diplomat, should we ever need it; they're also tasked with keeping contacts open between us - some of our folk don't mix that often. The Steward is, I dunno, maybe like POTUS - they keep counsel with the Sovereigns and manage the nuts and bolts of keeping the 'Hold running."

A shift of feet, heavy and massive.

"Last there is a Spymaster. The 'Hold has ears. I don't think anyone bar the Council have met them. And there are some other posts that are up to the Councillor's to fill if they want help. You know, Rangers for the Hedge; something called a Pedagogue who is supposed to be some sort of herald dude and trainer; the Sovereign's still get to name Knights for their Court if they want to."

He gestured with one massive hand.

"Lyn Mills is the Steward. L'Aire is the Emissary. Rick Pereg is the Magistrate... Uh... He ain't here. Neither is Ramona; she's the Constable*. Ava is the Archivist."

His hand dropped slowly back to his side and he gave the fragile seeming wizened a cryptic look.

"As for the rest, you'd need to talk to them."

*This Coronation is a "stuck" scene, which means it occurs on the day of the first post. At that time the position of General had not been filled and Ramona was still Constable.

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Mask

Mien

Daisy stilled, her already wide eyes, widened, sparkling with new knowledge. The artist bit her lip to keep herself from interrupting Green's rumbling voice. Her fingers itched to take notes, but settled on committing the various position and those that held them to memory.

Sly's tail swished, hitting her in the nose. The artist rolled her eyes, while she loved her furry friend, he never did enjoy anything he thought of as 'boring'.

"I believe that I will be a very big fan of this Council...it sounds fantastic. Even if it's relatively new. I hope that it solves more problems then the some of the more traditional Court systems can create."

Sly's tail twitched hitting her in the nose again. she could feel his feline muscles tensing from where he rested on her shoulder. Her eyes closed briefly, as she grasped her furry friend's scruff before he could get into any trouble. Giving Green an apologetic smile, Daisy turned to see just what had caught Sly's attention.

The Nix Archivist; Ava Campbell stood with the others near the bar.

"No. Nononono...." she whispered as she spun back around, facing Green once more. Her eyes wide in their panic as she clutched the cat to her chest, her friend hissed, and started clawing at her arms, but her grip held firm. "Syghimye." she hissed. The cat in her arms gave her an unrepentant kitty-grin back at her.

Daisy held the cat tighter, he hissed again, but the artist ignored him. "No eating Freeholders! Changeling! Just no!" she squeaked.

"Wasn't gonna eat 'er, just gonna play a bit." Sly grunted as he tried to gnaw on her arm.

"Still no!" she said with more finality to her voice then she thought was possible, holding firm to the cat in her arms. Afraid that if she let up her guard he would slip away to 'toy' with the Lady Archivist. "So Green," she started with false cheer, as one hand searched her handbag, "You've been here for several years, I think it's safe to assume you have your own ideas about running the Freehold...if a position became available, that you felt, or if someone else felt that you would be the best fit, would you want to be on the Council?" she asks as she removes her hand from her bag with a thick leather leash, and deftly attaches it to Sly's bow-tie collar.

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"Ah-ha! Erm..."

The mountain coughed. Eyes narrowed.

"Me? On the Council? Nah, man. I ain't no leader. Uh... I just... uh... do what needs to be done, yeah? I'd be best as one of them Rangers, I guess. I mean, I kind of patrol the Hedge... I mean, i got my favoured groves, right? Where I harvest me fruits from? You could make a patrol out of that."

Change the subject, Green.

"Were you thinking of offering your services to the Council. We could sure use some fresh... insight... now. Its the time to jump on board if thats your thing."

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Mask

Mien

'Hmm...was that a flicker of amusement in his gemstone eyes?' Daisy wonders, 'I'm glad Sly and I amuse you.' the artist thought without any malice, genuinely pleased that the mountain would find amusement at the duos antics, and not annoyance.

Daisy let Sly out of her arms, and onto the floor, knowing that with all her furry friend's cleverness, he was not able to free himself to stalk the Lady Archivist. Knowing this let her mind to what Green had said.

Daisy could easily see Green as a Ranger. At least as far as her definition of a Ranger went. Even though Green was a mountain of a man, no one, could have that strong of a winter mantle, it's snapping hiss, still flash freezing her plum blossom petals, and not now a thing or two about scouting, tracking and have the ability to leave not a trace of their passing for an enemy to find.

'And because Green doesn't want a position on the Council probably means that he's going to get it.' Daisy muses, 'it's one of Fate's favorite Troupes after all.'

"Offering my services to the Council?"
    Daisy mimics, "I suppose I could. Sometimes fresh eyes are best, they see problems and issues that others might miss. I don't think I have any tangible skills that they might need, or want and I doubt anyone would want me on the Council, not with me being so new, even if a position opened up...and I don't even know if I'd want a position. It's a daunting thought. All of that pressure..."

'Did I just jinx myself?' the artist wonders, thinking back on her earlier thoughts about Green and his similar opinion.

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"I'm sure they have some other positions hanging around. Uh... Like Ranger... thats supposed to report to the General, if we had one, that is. Don't know what the other's are looking for, but you could always ask, right? And it would get you known."

He paused again.

"Do you have a job? 'Cause, its okay if you don't. Not many of us do... for reasons. You understand? But, yeah, you have a job? I make my bread in construction and the odd labouring work here and there. All over the city, really."

Long may it stay that way. Simple, honest, work.

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Mask

Mien

Perhaps her first impression that Green was of a taciturn nature was off. Or perhaps he simply wants to aid someone new to the Freehold.

"I could offer my serves, and see where it takes me...something small, that reports to someone higher on the chain would be good."
    knowing Spring's reputation, Daisy smiles mischievously and asks, "Is there something of a Moral Officer? If there isn't there should be. There should be someone dedicated to keeping people's spirit's lifted."

Perhaps she's not the only one playing to their strengths in their mundane life. Daisy could easily see Green's work as a laborer.

"For work...primarily I make surreal fantasy sculptures and sell them online. Sometimes I sell watercolor paintings." easily ignoring how she's just doing what she did for the hobbs, then the Margrave, just in miniature. "I hope to be able to do an art show or something in the near future."

OOC: Sculptures like this

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread