Ended
Watch

(PRP) Deals in the Dark

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

Daniel quirked an eyebrow at the response. Then again with the revelation that it was intended for trade it probably wasn't as really surprising. Of course that left Daniel in a awkward place. No way was he going to trade the basket but did he want to leave it the Spymaster's possession if the Fairest only viewed it as a trade item. Especially with what he'd heard the Shadowsoul say. Was this really for the Freehold or was it a personal request from the high ranked Winter.

Motive? failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-01-23 05:47:20 Daniel Leto rolls 6 to Wits3+Empathy4+Pledge1-Rigid Mask2 (10 Again) 7, 5, 6, 1, 3, 6 failure

Daniel strongly suspected the latter but Harvey's stillness of expression made the man very hard to read. For now, assume both and either way he wasn't trading what was in the basket.

"Not a pro or anything but I've had some practice. Probably the best way to go. Don't have my own tools and no second story work though," he responded to Milo. Those things were expensive and if they were going after a hob gang he'd be unlikely to be of any use hack their security.

Daniel listened as the Shadowsoul described more of the situation (and used a couple more concerning pronouns). Might need some climbing gear. The information seemed sketchy. The chests location wasn't even confirmed. Heck, the fact that the Scroll was in the chest seemed like guesswork. Probably accurate, but if they spent time and noise opening a Fey made chest only to find it a decoy, that was dangerous.

The last bit peaked the Gravewight's interest though.

"Well, if this Dirty Carnivale is dead that would make things easier. From what you've said, it would probably be best to talk with him first. Find out exactly what the Brothers can do and how their tower is laid out."

There was a great deal of questions Daniel wanted to ask the Sun Banisher. He knew enough about Winter secrecy that most wouldn't be answered.

"So I guess that just leaves directions. Where is this swamp Dirty is buried in and how do we get around the Meat Market once we're ready?" Daniel had never been to the market but he remembered Gianna's reaction the mere mention of it. If that place could be avoid, it was probably for the best.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

Milo Chernobog

PRE

Milo listened to the description of the situation. It sounded like the spymaster had everything but the power to take what he needed. The question of whether this was genuinely for the Freehold or just the Spymaster using his potential assets for personal gain could sit by the wayside until they knew exactly what it was they were retrieving.

....and was Daniel talking about talking to corpses?

"I have to ask." Milo said, looking slightly confused as he turned to the Darkling. "How are we talking to a buried corpse, and more importantly, who's digging him up?"

Funny thing about that pretty face of Milo's? It wasn't attached to a body with muscles, or one that had brought a shovel.

Back in the realm of things Milo needed and knew he could probably get, he returned his attention to his fellow Shadowsoul. "Also do you have a set of lock picks we can borrow? I can't afford them and it sounds like a necessity for the job."

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Rigid Mask
    Will/Health/Glamour

Promises and Vows

Horn and Bone

PRE

Daniel cocked his head slightly at Milo's question, as if not sure if the Autumn was being serious. Did the Fairest seriously not know about ghosts?

"No...," he said a little uncertainly "We wouldn't be talking to a buried corpse. I'd be summoning his ghost. Or shade if that fails." Though he supposed that could be construed as talking to a corpse if you still considered their dead body to be them. "Anyway, I'd just need to be at the burial site. No digging required." He said a touched more confident with a serene smile. Of course dragging up a shade would probably be more exhausting than actually having to dig up the man. Physical exertion and blood loss tended to drain a guy.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4

The Spymaster's mouth formed a grim line.

"Dead? Whose dead? No one is dead... Least, as far as I know. Carnivale guy looks like a corpse dumped in a swamp; don't know if he really is or not. Thats the trouble with hobs."

He sighed - a curious expression more akin to an exhalation of breath than an actual sigh.

"I got no picks... But some of these goblin fruits might do the trick... Yeah... Extract the pith of the Old Witch Root. That might work. Or trade this stuff for what you need on the way out. Its what I got it for."

He gestured with the big wicker basket, which squeaked in protest. Uncaring, the Spymaster dug around and yanked out a long, spindly, black coil. "Witch Root," he added helpfully. "Maps in the basket, too. The tower is not far; just look for the swamp behind the Meat Market; tower's on one of the dryer islands there."

The smile returned.

"So. Still interested? Pull this and maybe I'll have some Spies. Hell... If you can get close enough to case their home out, I'll consider the effort well worth it."

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Status/Social

Rigid Mask
    Will/Health/Glamour

Promises and Vows

Horn and Bone

PRE

"Ah," Daniel said, trying not to sound too disappointed that there wasn't a dead body around. He saw now where he'd misunderstood Harvey. Damn similes. So they didn't have the option of getting more information, through a spirit. Oh well. "My mistake."

"But sure, I'm up for it," he responded placidly, reaching out the Witch Root, map, and (most importantly) basket. The Winter's callous treatment of what was inside made the Darkling want more and more to get it out of the Shadowsoul's hands.

Milo Chernobog

PRE

"Still interested." Milo confirmed. It seemed like they had all the information they needed, so he waited for Harvey to hand off the basket so they could check what it was exactly they had gotten. It sounded like a bunch of things, and they'd probably have to take a peak along the way to know what they were using to steal the contract with.

"Is there anything else we might need to know before we depart? If not I think we can pull out the map and be on our way."

"Thats it."

The Spymaster hauled himself upright and took a few steps toward them.

"Boggan Brothers - two hobs and maybe a Ling. Trying to sell a powerful Goblin Contract. Look for the old tower. Use these to barter for what you need if you got stuff to get. I've only got flighty rumour as to who is interested in that Contract: a Glacial Ax and some Family, whatever that is supposed to mean. You know what I mean, yeah? Hobs talk but who knows what the fuck they mean most times? Most of its useless but the word is out. So be on your guard - you may have competition."

He deposited the basket heavily before them. The basket responded with a stifled cry.

"There ya go. I drew the map myself, so I think it should get you where you need to go. Hedge being all weird an' all. And some Goblin Fruit as payment and trade."

He stood back.

"And good luck out there."

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Status/Social

Rigid Mask
    Will/Health/Glamour

Promises and Vows

Horn and Bone

PRE

Daniel picked up the basket gently, checking on the contents as he did. Goblin Fruit? It certainly didn't sound like fruit.

"Thanks," he said quietly when the Spymaster wished them luck. With two other parties wanting the same contract, they would probably need it. Neither sounded good. An ax and possibly multiple people with this 'Family'.

He looked to Milo to see if he was satisfied. They probably had some planning to do still and go over things but Daniel kind of wanted to do that away from Harvey.

Milo Chernobog

PRE

"Thanks for the job and items." Milo said, mimicking the Darkling in hopes of getting started. He turned around and silent footsteps began to carry him away from the Spymaster so they could begin their collaboration.

"Any preference for how we do this?" He asked as he made his way to anywhere else. "I'd like to scout the place out and see if we can sneak our way in. If we can steal the contract then we can just keep the goblin fruit as a commission."

The Lurker looked over his shoulder making sure the Spymaster was fading from view before continuing on.

The Spymaster waited and watched as the pair disappeared into the night time gloom. Hunching into his coat he turned and went back to the hire car, making sure he drove quietly away in the opposite direction.

It had been ages since he had taken a night time drive...

The basket contains: -

A large wriggling Mandrake waring a diaper

One large, ropey, Tangle-Vine of sufficient length to use as a climbing rope

A claw of Old Witch Root sufficient to craft a few lock picks

A crudely drawn map of the Hedge detailing how to get to the Boggan Brother's Lair

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread