Ended
Watch

White Acknowledgement

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    C
    Casitive

Above, the Nox Populi Nightclub is a thumping, throbbing place of sweat, blood, and sex. Men, women, and the poseurs in between, all dance and laugh, not knowing what the truth of the world is. That truth, at least a portion of it, is below ground, buried, in its own sarcophagus; a cross-section of the greater world.

At the back, discreet people in the know point White to a stairway leading downwards. In contrast to the bright lights and the vibrancy of life above, the below is heavy. This is the Elysium proper, filled with expensive furniture in rich woods and thick black and purple curtains in blacks draped and puddling on the floor.

Within the common areas, in silent repose with his leg crossed ankle to knee, sits David Regan. His eyes trained on the Latin of Per Ardua Ad Astra and the art of the stars just above his head.

White

Google maps was a wonder: Jacob only really had to navigate to the back entrance. He wore thin steel glasses, jeans, and a navy sweater; after all looking a bit out of place would help them meet up. Jacob wandered for a bit, quickly getting led downstairs. Pointed towards the man he was looking for Jacob sat a foot or so away from the Kindred. Offering a hand Jacob took the first step in the conversation:

"It's Jacob, David right?"

Jacob just really hoped the Kindred would shake.

C
    Casitive

Jacob,” David repeats, getting to his feet with intentionally slow movements. They allow the Priscus time to observe the man, who up to this moment has no surname as much as he has no place here. The offered hand, is taken with a firm grasp before quickly letting go. “Don't be too offended if others refuse to shake your hand. To some, it's a mark of youth.

Blinking once, David then confirms, “Yes, I am David Regan, Priscus of the Mekhet in Sacramento and Grand Wyrm of the Ordo Dracul.” There's more to David's introduction but it is wholly unnecessary. “Take a seat.” Less of an invitation and more a firm request. “Tell me about yourself. What brings you to Sacramento?

"I am afraid that I am young Priscius; but yes, I will try not to take offense." Jacob's speech was accented by several slight pauses.

Taking the chance to think while sitting down -- Jacob considered his answer.

"My Sire had not introduced me to the Court in the city I was sired." Jacob swallowed dryly as memories of his last night there came back, "Apparently she was not well liked; and, as a result, I did not feel safe."
    Jacob winced and needlessly adjusted his glasses as he spoke further: "A good friend of mine, while Kine, was born here, so, it was the first place I thought to come."

C
    Casitive

One question blossoms in David's thoughts, 'how young is Jacob?'

It passes and David's brow slowly furrows as he retakes his seat, lips pursing slightly. “I see,” ankle slides back up to his knee and David's next question is a simple one, “have you been followed? Are agents of the Court you are originally from on their way here?” Ostensibly, to make trouble in Sacramento; there's enough trouble in Sacramento.

Jacob rubs his eyes and when his face is visible once more it wears a wane smile. "I'm going to be honest with you David, I don't know."

Jacob looked at hands, "I don't know who didn't like my Sire, or why, I don't even know if they knew I existed. But, honestly? I think they knew I existed, but, not who. I think if they knew, or cared, where I was going I'd already be ash."

Jacob looked directly at David then, his voice hard: "I'm not deluded David, if my Sire couldn't face them I can't either. If anything comes knocking in the night I'll disappear like only the Shadows can."

There was nothing else to say, David was clearly not a man to be sold with some cheap rhetoric. Jacob instead allow his gaze to break and awaited a response.

C
    Casitive

Sympathy only goes so far and pragmatism fills in the gaps. Through it all, David reflects on how apparently blessed he is. It seems most Kindred who come to Sacramento are orphans or runaways, who haven't had quite the upbringing David has, or the pedigree, or the weight that comes with such things. As Jacob tells his story, David looks for the story, a story that can't be faked, the story that the soul itself wishes to tell.

Aura Percept v Jacob, 2 successes, but since the successes are at the end of the string, I believe it's resisted.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-01-16 19:24:03 David Regan rolls 7 to Intelligence + Empathy + Aus - 2 (For Patterns) (10 Again) 1, 1, 4, 2, 1, 10, 2, 10, 7 2 successes

But it is a story that will be told later.

“I'll be equally as honest, since you had the courtesy to be honest with me. As Priscus, I consider myself your guide through the Gilded Cage of Sacramento. Someone whose knowledge you can leverage as you make a home here. I am a Teacher. Remember, however, your actions here under my auspice reflect on me, good or ill. Ripples from your past are not welcome here but here, you might be able to make a new start.”

A pointed look moves across to the young Shadow, “I am not your Sire. I expect you to make good decisions, or seek my advice to make those decisions.” A long pause follows, “You have come to the Domain of His Grace, Alder Duke Clarke. See me first thing at the next court and I'll point him and the other Officers of the Court out to you.” Too many recent arrivals have been entirely too chummy with him to varying degrees of success (if failure can be thought of as a degree of success).

“As he is of the First Estate,” David continues, “respect is paramount. This said, the Laws of the Domain are simple and posted here. Take a moment to look at them and if you have any questions we'll go over them. Above all, the Three Traditions are sacrosanct.”

Jacob bent, placing his elbows on his knees, facing forwards. Someone who did not know Jacob could misinterpret this as a failure of attention: his response tends to dissuade such cognition.
    Cocking his head towards the Shadow Jacob composes his response.
    "It is unusual for a teacher to be dissatisfied with how quickly I learn. I'm sanguine about the trend." Jacob spoke flatly, as if discussing weather. "And, I do recognize that you take some degree of risk in accepting me. If there is anything I could do in return, let me know; you have my number."
    Standing up Jacob pressed on, "I'll look over the Laws, and remember your advice. Good to meet you David, thank you for taking the time to see me. I'll find you first thing next Court."

Nodding to David, and unless interrupted, Jacob takes his leave.

C
    Casitive

“I am not done.” David states, enunciating each syllable. The Dragon's voice is quieter but somehow it is louder than if he shouted.

Another blink, which given the Priscus' paleness is wholly artificial; attention leveled on 'Jacob.' “Sit. I have not yet acknowledged you. I don't have your surname. I don't know your covenant. I haven't asked a very specific question. Finally, I haven't reminded you that part of that respect that is so valued here, is using and acknowledging a Kindred's title in Court. ” Like, say, Priscus.

It's for Jacob's own good. Just within the last six months someone paid the ultimate price for their lack of respect.

Jacob almost jumps, quickly turning he stumbles over his words: "I- my apologies Priscus." Surprise is written on his features for a brief time.
    Jacob quickly sits down, "My last name is Maddox, and I'm not with any coven. Well, my Sire was with the Dragons, but, I was never introduced and-"
    Jacob trailed off as he scratched the back of his head. He sighed, a habitual gesture, before moving on:

"I really am sorry. I just don't want to waste your time, and well, this is my first time at any Court; I confess I'm nervous. In any case Priscus, you mentioned a question?"

Jacob clasped his hands, and returned his own attention onto the Shadow.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 22

You do not have permission to view the list of names.