Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1601)Braggs York

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    V
    Vivian York

“So dahling, new in town and your Whip not on the agenda yet?” Teasing of course, Vivian stood posed on her heels, giving him a look up an down.

Extending a gloved hand, Vivian introduced herself. “Vivian York. Please call me Vivian anywhere but here. How did the last gathering find you?” She may have had an inkling of what happened, she’d watched here and there.

D
    DisgruntledOne

"Apologies fer not introducing meself earlier, Whip York. It's a pleasure to meet ye." Tiernan gave a subtle bow. His beast raged anew at the Whip's presence, but he held it firmly in check, especially once she brought up the last court. There would be no repeats of that mistake.

"Last court was a bit... rough." Tiernan bit back a grimace. "I muddled through, though. Got a better handle on things this time. Startin' to get settled into town. I'd be more than amenable if ye'd like to meet up somewhere fer a more casual conversation in future. Always good to catch up with family, after all."

V
    Vivian York

Did not shake hands, nor bother to kiss it. Demerit.
    Bowed, well, a step in the right direction. Merit.

“Rough? You don’t say…” Vivian’s grin was inquisitive with a knowing sense about it. “Well, let’s hope you continue to avoid mucking up in the future, yes?” Her words and accent a reminder of her own roots in England. Laughing softly, still it was a gentle reminder that things didn’t go unnoticed.

Intrigued by his invitation, she pondered his proposition physically by changing her stance to playfully inquisitive. “What did you have in mind for meeting up somewhere?”

D
    DisgruntledOne

"Aye. Bit o' trouble with a handshake. Figure it's best I stay hands-off fer awhile. That certainly wasn't the kind o' impression I meant to be makin'." So Miss York was English... interesting. Her demeanor suggested she had been groomed for high society. Tiernan would have to watch his manners. "That's what I'm hopin' for, aye."

"I'm still learnin' me way around the town, but I was figurin' on something fun. Dancing, perhaps, or a bit o' theatre. What sort o' entertainment do ye favor?"

V
    Vivian York

“My my, dahling, I was only joshing you. I just enjoy a bit of chivalry in this world that seems to have forgotten.” Maybe Tiernan didn’t forget, and he was still nervous.

“Theatre! I adore theatre!” Vivian wasn’t the best dancer, and really didn’t want to have to prove that any time soon. “Live music is also a close second. Hard to find sometimes, or I should say palatable live music.”

Grinning, although it would be a challenge for him to find. “I do love a good vape or an actual cigar time and again too. But both are an acquired taste of course.” The Daeva would also enjoy a good romp, but that was another task for another day. She really did miss Wooding in more ways than one.

ooc

D
    DisgruntledOne

"Tha's fair." Tiernan smiled and allowed himself to relax a bit. ["Forgotten, maybe, but not lost altogether. I can't claim to be a true gentleman, but I do me best to be respectful." Tiernan had learned most of his manners through trial and error; he was loathe to give them up simply because they were no longer in popular fashion. The fact that women tended to enjoy a bit of chivalry didn't hurt things, either.

"What kinds o' music do ye consider 'palatable'?" Tiernan's smile widened into a playful grin. "I can't say as I'd be opposed to tha'. I enjoy havin' a smoke on occasion meself." Despite his initial wariness, Tiernan was warming up to Miss York rather quickly.

ooc

V
    Vivian York

Laughing heartily, “Well, lucky for you, time has rendered my expectations fairly low. So, you needn’t worry too much.” Although she hoped her Cousin didn’t get into a run-in with her former Coterie mate.

“My music tastes vary. Although I’m not fond of a lot of country, very picky on that music. And that incessant rap music can burn in hell.” The look on her face was only a tiny bit serious. “But if I had to narrow it, I’d say I really enjoy what people call ‘hair bands’. A lot of classics which obviously range in genres.”

“How about you, what is your preference in music or theatre?”

D
    DisgruntledOne

Tiernan shrugged. "I'm a fan o' rock music. Metal too, so long as it's not the godawful stuff with all the yellin' an' screamin'. Tha' stuff sets me teeth on edge. I've got a soft spot fer classical music, though, and I'm a fan o' drinking songs. The old Irish ones, mostly. I like songs what have a story to 'em."

He thought for a moment, then continued--he'd only answered the first half of Miss York's question, after all. "When it comes to theatre, I'll try anything once. Good stories come in all shapes an' sizes. Only thing I'm wary of is musicals, an' even those have their moments."

V
    Vivian York

Musical tastes were a way to figure out someone’s depths. The Daeva wasn’t musically inclined but her appreciation for it was genuine. “So, no Gwar and more Alice Cooper, Mötley Crüe?”

“Drinking songs, hmm?” Vivian recalled hearing them across the pond with some men in a late night drunken stupor. “You may have to expand my horizons there.”

“I think it mostly depends on the musical. Surly you must like Sweeny Todd.” A mischievous grin widened on her face.

D
    DisgruntledOne

Tiernan nodded. "More or less, aye. Ye ever hear o' Savatage? Some o' the same creative minds behind the Trans-Siberian Orchestra."

The idea of regaling Vivian with drinking songs seemed a bit daunting, but potentially fun. "As far as manners go they're right out, but they're fun an' funny. Often a bit sad."

Tiernan chuckled. "Aye, I'll grant ye that one. George Hearn an' Angela Lansbury did it best."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.