Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(1601) Liz and Martha

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha had nodded a barely controlled nod of delight as Twist had agreed to a dance.

Though clearly grateful for Liz's gentle pace of walking, Martha, despite her best effort, cannot help but pause once en route, rub at her crippled leg and meekly turn to timidly study the flash of Liz's revealed thigh.

However, once on the other side of the Court, Martha leaned on her cane and listened carefully as Liz spoke and outlined her ideas and queries...

With a friendly smile and tone, Martha chirped;
    "Oh, well, indeed! I am looking forward to a dance with the Duchess and Archon, Twist..." she added helpfully for Liz's benefit.

"...but," she added a sincere smile and, playing with her oddly colored spectacles, she added, "I am here to help, Miss, and I am only too d...delighted to be useful to you! Goodness! I cannot wait to hear your playing! Ah, and such a lovely instrument you have! Do you have any other questions, Miss? Or..or, shall I help you set up your equipment...? I do love to chat, you see, but I also wish to be useful to you!" her simple walking cane waves in the general direction of the nearest power sockets as she smiled at Liz.

Carefully resisting the urge to study Liz's exposed thigh.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Liz looks around the area and nods once in affirmation. She parks her small cart and begins to remove the amplifier and cords necessary to get herself set up. She smiles and nods as Martha speaks, understanding the woman's need to assist. Such a helpful and cheerful person, it is so hard for Lizabelle to picture this petite creature feeding from any sort of human. The woman is the perpetual "bright side" of everything and Liz just can't wrap her head around the fact that she is Kindred.

"Oh no Madam Keeper, I am not in need of assistance. I have set this thing up so many times I could do it in my sleep." She places the amp on the floor and begins to plug the violin into it. Turning it on she adjusts the volume and other knobs to ensure she won't blast the whole room away when she hits the first note. "The blonde man is the Prince I see. Does he attend every court? Or only a select few? I've also noticed a number of other familiar faces around that I saw last court. It's interesting that so many people attend. Does the Prince have a council at all? Or is it standard procedure to just follow the chain of command with family if there are any.........issues?"

The questions come tumbling out as Liz softly pulls the strings on the violin to make sure she doesn't need to make any adjustments to the tone before she begins. She'd tuned the instrument before coming this evening but changes in temperature and climate could cause slight variations in the sounds that are produced. As the strings are plucked, soft emanations can be heard from the amp, but the noise is not loud enough to carry further then a few feet.
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Martha Villiers

PRE

Watching as Liz fussed with the equipment, Martha hobbled and hovered. Listening. Smiling and nodding as Liz outlined her thoughts.

As the violin sounds its first crisp note, Martha smiles sweetly and nods happily, adding brightly;
    "Very well! In a moment I shall need to bee excused so I may turn down the volume of the PA music, Miss! I'd hate for the New Wave music to drown out your Art!" she nodded again.

Liz's extra question caused Martha to pause. Leaning on her cane, she rubbed at where her stump clearly must meet the socket of her C-Leg and nods in agreement;
    "Oh, yes...that is His Grace Alder Duke Asa Clarke. He's been the Prince for as long as I can recall. His rule is firm and fair and has ushered in an age of stability!" she chirped, pausing to rub at her thigh, Martha added. "The lady with the military to cut her clothing, with the dash of silver in her hair... that's the Seneschal, Miss Katya Harding..."

"The Prince relies on his own counsel. He's wise. He knows what's going on. Though he's not a dictator in the popular meaning of the word. He's often in discussion with his closest officials..." she nods, thinking back to when they've shared ideas, adding, "his council was recently reformed. The Prisci have a direct role in the affairs of the Domain. Each Prisci is expected to review and process the Acknowledgment of any newly arrived members of their Clan... They are responsible for discipline within the Clan too..."

With another sweet smile, Martha added;
    "If you have any questions relating to the affairs of the Domain who can speak with your Priscus; but I shall be happy to help you with any wider, less official, queries... should the need arise!" she giggled and readied her cane and posture. Anticipating the need to move to the sound control board...

"Oh...I almost forgot! Sh...shall I introduce you over the PA, Miss? What shall you be playing and..., if you do wish me to introduce you, h...how w...would you wish to be introduced...?" she asked with wide eyed eagerness.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

M
    Matrixchild

As Brittany approached she overheard Martha explaining things about the domain, useful information of course. As Martha spoke of introductions Brittany reached the two of them. "Hello ladies, I hope I'm not interrupting." She looked directly to Liz and smiled, her desire to kill the woman slowly being overcome by her desire to be friendly. No social faux-paus for Brittany tonight, and that included rending the flesh from another Kindred, despite what the Rage would wish.

"We haven't met yet, my name is Brittany Hastings," she said extending a hand.

Liz nods as Martha answers her questions and looks over quickly to see who is approaching when Britany walks up. She smiles briefly at the woman before turning back to Martha. It gives her a moment to control the raging and clattering of the cage her beast is in, clamoring to get out. She tightens the reigns and gains control before speaking again.

"Oh yes, of course. I guess I just let the music fade to the background. By all means, Madam Keeper, do what you need to, don't let my rambling keep you."

Then she takes Britany's offered hand and nods. "Lizabelle Walker, pleased to meet you. I remember seeing you at the last court, but I was unable to say hello." Her eyes move across Britany's costume, taking it in. "Everyone has dressed with such an interesting flare tonight. So many different styles. It's excellent."
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Martha Villiers

PRE

Brittany's approach caused Martha to pause and hesitate in her reply.

Blinking, her Beast grumbled and complained and desired the immediate destruction of Brittany's legs. Rending them for the temerity to interrupt their lovely chat...

"G...good evening, M...Miss!" she chirped in greeting, taking time to rub very hard at her ruined thigh, as if trying to ease away her Beast's recent grumbles.

But such violent thoughts were brief and Martha manages to calm her Beast long enough to grip her cane, offer Liz and Brittany shy smile and, while Brittany and Liz distracted each other, sneak a less hostile glance to Liz's exposed thigh.

"I quite agree with Miss Walker! So many lovely c...costumes! So much effort is shown! It shall be hard to select a worthy winner in the competition!"
    she giggles meekly. "T...thankfully, I am not expected to make the decision alone!"

Martha knew she needed to introduce Liz's recital. However, Brittany's arrival prompted Martha to wait and see how the conversation will go first...

M
    Matrixchild

Smiling brightly at the two of them Brittany responded, "I know right? I feel kind of under-dressed in comparison to some of the outfits. And yeah I think court got ahead of me and I wasn't able to say hi."

Looking to Martha her eyes went wide and she said, "Oh my God there's a contest? I should have read that flyer better." She looked down at her poorly and mostly self-made costume. "Um, yeah I doubt I'd be winning anyway. I totally don't envy you for having to choose," she added with a playful laugh. "Hopefully you'll at least have fun picking."

Martha Villiers

PRE

With a giggle, Martha nods to Liz and Brittany;

"I quite agree, Miss Walker! Ah, and don't fret, Miss Hastings! I make sure to note your own hand was at work in the construction of your costume, Miss! Ah, Ladies, do please excuse me! I must attend to my ceremonial role!" she added a bashful giggle and, nodding her respects to Liz and Brittany, began to limp heavily over to join Katya to make the announcement.

Her leg dragged heavily. She tried hard to walk as Velma might. Heel-to-toe... heel-to-toe. Making her way over to Katya and the microphone.

M
    Matrixchild

Brittany smiled at Martha's words in regards to her costume. "Thank you. I may not be experienced in making things, far from it in fact, but I did try my best." Of course Brittany was not going to lie to herself, she did not make anything worth winning a contest, or even entering for that matter. At Martha's request for leave Brittany bowed her head respectfully and then turned to Frost Liz with a smile. "So you're going to play a song?" she asked, looking towards the violin.

M
    Matrixchild

Before she could receive an answer Martha made her announcement. "Well good luck." With that Brittany wandered back to see what would happen next.

Brittany returned to the main thread

Closed Thread