Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1601)The Faithful (K-Roth, K-Gil, Jojo)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

PRE

"I've meant to ask, how progresses your penance, Konrad? Or would you prefer to discuss that another time?" Josephine inquired softly. "You are, of course, not beholden to answer at all, if you do not wish it. At least, not to me."

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"Congratulations on your new position," Gilroy says as he joins the group of the Faithful. Some more than others.

He glances to Roth when Josephine mentions penance. He couldn't help but hope whatever they were talking about was already resolved. It would be his responsibility to follow up otherwise, now that he was sole priest of the domain. Probably would have to any ways. Tending the flock. The vicious, monstrous, murderous flock.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

3. Likes Cayce liked this post
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad's smirk vanishes at the mention of penance, replaced by a serious expression.

"There's been progress, but for me it's a private matter. One I've been meaning to talk with you about. The both of you," admits the Gangrel to Josephine, memories forming fresh in his mind. "I was just mentioning to Gilroy about how we aught to meet soon after Court. Free of distractions, like. Gilroy tells me that he's got the Necropolis up and running with a Temple. Or we could just meet at the funeral home. I'm game for either."

What he has to say regarding his penance is private, and easily exploited by certain parties. Or at the very least, misconstrued.

PRE

"The temple in the Necropolis has been properly anointed, so it should serve as well as the Moore House. However, it is Brother Gilroy's decision. Which, reminds me. These, now, are yours," Josephine expressed, hands like animated wax dipping into her satchel to produce a ring of keys. Two of which she carefully removed and passed to the lone Sanctified in the Domain.

"One is for the doors, the other is for the basement. I've left the archives there."

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"Thank you," he said with a beholden tone as he took the keys from the rainbow dressed doll. His hand involuntarily shook a little as he deliberately reached toward the Beast. Being unblushed it had more to do with the Curse than actual nerves but it still made him look like a cowering rat.

"Is there any paperwork I should expect?" he asked as an after thought. While getting handed keys to the Lancea's stronghold did carry a nice feeling, there were other factors to consider. Like whose name was on the deed? Who payed the property taxes and insurance? Was he legally allowed to change the locks?

Then there was the matter of the meeting. A quick train of thought sped through his mind. Which would either of them prefer? Which was more private? Which more safe?

"We'll meet at the Necropolis," he stated. Gilroy knew the Temple better than he did the Moore House and he felt safer there. Plus it was his in a way the other wasn't and could help establish the the Haunt as the head of the church now. It might not make either Konrad or Josephine feel more comfortable but that would put Kenneth at a greater social advantage. At least for this first meeting. He would still have to open and take care of Moore House as well. Explore it and read the archives when he had time.

"How does [date] sound?"
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

7. Likes Cayce liked this post

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"Good for me. The sooner the better," says Konrad, eager to see this underground Temple stashed away beneath the city.

Konrad's attention is diverted for a moment as he sees the Royal Archon move towards his Covenant member within the Commons. He makes a low groan of annoyance once he realizes Graves is being kicked out. He'd have to get in touch with her after to see what exactly had gone down. But then again, anyone who'd ever been dismissed from Court rarely was seen or heard from again.

Trying to mask the distraction, Konrad revisits the present topic. "So, uh, what sort of archives are kept in the Moore House? Anything that needs to be moved? I'll give you a hand, if that's the case." It would be hard to maintain two Covenant Sanctums for just one Kindred, after all.

9. Likes Cayce liked this post

PRE

"The Moore House is owned by a Trust. If you would like to become the Trustee then that could be arranged. The necessary documents are among the archives. You should have no trouble locating them. They are quite organized," Josephine informed the quaking Haunt, her black eyes narrowing momentarily.

"But, yes, that date suits me. I shall...gladly look forward to it."

The Reeve looked away, her gaze following the direction of Konrad's attention at the sound of his groan.

"You would do well to educate that one, Konrad. A more selfish imp I have rarely seen, and I'm sure we would all prefer that she learn brash indignation is no shield from ire. Oh, and as for the Archives, I'm afraid they are a matter for the clergy. Records and the like, you see. Not a matter the flock must concern themselves with. Which, yes, I do realize indicates me as well as you."

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Gilroy also followed Konrad's sight line to see one of the Carthians being asked to leave. Not the best turn of events for the already struggling Covenant but at least she hadn't been ashed. Given the Reeve's warning and previous actions, it was obviously an option on the table.

However, there was one other detail Kenneth noticed that made his unbeating heart sink. Garrick was no where to be seen in the crowd. Gilroy really hoped the Priscus had not skipped town without notice and had simply missed the Court. Though the later wasn't too much better. It meant the head of the Nosferatu was unacknowledged. Hopefully there was a good reason. For now, Kenneth had to manage his own leadership position.

"Thank you," he said again to Sterling "I will definitely have to look into that once the court is done. And thank you for the offer Konrad but I don't plan to be moving anything just yet. The Necropolis isn't currently equipped to store records right now anyway." His eyes darted slightly between the two. Josephine's answer was a little... undiplomatic if accurate. He wasn't sure how well Roth might take the denial of information but Kenneth could work with 'secret knowledge'. Though admittedly with Josephine as a former member it didn't work quite as well, given that she had no doubt read everything already.

"If you really are interested in church finances I'm sure I could compile a thorough report." Making binders of information was a specialty of his. "However, some information would have to be left out to protect our assets. Josephine is right, there is knowledge in the archives that is not shared to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands. Divine mysteries reserved for those sworn into the Covenant." There was a fleeting moment when Kenneth caught Josephine's eye. Like seeing a viper in the grass reminded you to stay on the path. It was uncomfortable to think that if she shared covenant secrets, Kenneth would have to reprimand her in some fashion.
    Mask of Tranquility

12. Likes Cayce liked this post

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"Yeah..." Konrad trails off after Josephine shares her thoughts on Graves. Really it's the kind of behavior Konrad had always considered a Carthian trait, that rebellious streak. If anything it illustrates just how stuffy this Domain had gotten with its expectations of behavior. Clarke's Invictus standards. He wonders if he can even bring himself to correct the woman's manners, or if he really aught to be joining in to undermine the First Estate.

"'Fine rhetoric cannot gild gold.' But I'll talk to her," he says, knowing he could commit to that much. He had already talked to her, but next time it wouldn't be a simple warning.

He grunts his understanding in regards to the Archives, realizing now that they contained sensitive information. It gives him an idea, but he'd wait until their meeting to share it.

"Well I look forward to meeting you both at the Necropolis. Text me some directions, Brother Gilroy, when you get a chance. If you'll excuse me, Reeve, I think I'll have a word with Prince Clarke." And gauge just how disruptive Graves had been.

Konrad returns to the main thread

14. Likes Cayce liked this post

PRE

"Speaking of those sworn to the covenant," Josephine said in the wake of Konrad's absence, "I assume that you might have questions, Brother Gilroy? Or," the defector suggested, "perhaps you prefer to save those for another evening."

An evening three months from now. Or six, Josephine added silently, no small amount of mirth surfacing with the ungenerous thought.

In truth, Gilroy had done nothing wrong. It was simply her thwarted desires which had finally driven her into the embrace of the First Estate. The call of the Tyrant, as she thought of it now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread