Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 25
DISPLAYED
(1601)The Faithful (K-Roth, K-Gil, Jojo)

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

The lesser mind's instincts screamed at him to run from the terrifying multicolored undead thing standing closer than he would have been comfortable even if it had been a living woman. Gilroy did his best to channel his terror in more constructive ways. Like standing perfectly still and doing his best not to look her in the eye. Though staring out across an entire room full of enemies didn't help too much. He chewed the other side of his cheek.

"I would be willing to help," he offered tentatively "Though I do not have a ghoul of my own or much in the way of performance capability, so I'm unsure in what capacity you would require my assistance." Beyond of course physical labor or possibly help planning.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

PRE

"You didn't seem to be lacking in ideas not but a moment before, Gilroy," Josephine returned, "so why feign no answer now? The task is clear: create a competition that will actually promote the sort of society that we wish to be a part of. Do you suddenly feel...incapable of imagining what that society would be? Or do you feel," she continued, her voice dropping towards a whisper as she leaned ever closer, "...incapable of actually influencing it?"

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"No," he said simply, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down despite him not swallowing anything. The Beast's instincts did a good approximation of the feeling breath causing his hair to rise on his neck, despite it being completely in his head. After all neither was Blushed. Josephine didn't breath and Gilroy didn't get goosebumps. And yet it still felt like his nerves were tingling from fear.

She was goading him now. Though to what purpose he wasn't entirely sure. Testing his leadership capabilities? Trying to enforce her own world view on him? Attempting to still hold onto the reigns of the church or simply seeing if the Bishop would stand behind her next power play the way she wanted?

Why couldn't she have just stayed high priest and then falling in line would be easy. As it stood he needed to show more strength and independence, less deference. All with alienating an undead creature that was centimeters from killing him. Worst of all, he was pretty sure their imaginings of societies differed in more ways than one.

It wasn't even that he felt incapable, mostly. Kenneth had influence, little as it was. It was a matter of doing it safely.

"Very well, if you wish my opinion; a competition of ghouls would be good, if the criteria for judging was more than simply appearance. However, I don't know of very many Kindred in the Domain that retain the service of ghouls." And he doubted Konrad would ever bring Cody anywhere after the beach. "As such, I would expect a low participation rate, thus low investment and engagement resulting in lack of interest at best and resentment at worst. Neither conducive to learning or changing society." At least not in their favor.

"Without knowing more about what you would perform using puppets, I can't speak very much about a performance." Though he could probably assume a morality play. Though depending on how blatant could drive people even further from Lancea values.

"To be completely honest, in my experience with students, abstract theory is sometimes be hard to understand as a beginning lesson. Practical application can be a better starting point, to catch and keep interest. If you're searching for my suggestion on what to do, look to what makes us obviously different from the Kine. Our biology, not our mentality, and work from there. For a competition, do a contest where the members of the court submit short stories of feeding." Having pistol duels or gift demonstrations would be more dramatic but the laws of Elysium stood. "For a display, perform vivisection on a volunteer." As much as 'live' dissection applied to vampires.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

4. Likes Cayce liked this post

PRE

A fanged smile blossoming upon her features, Josephine stepped back and let out a quiet laugh.

"You misundertand my use of the term 'puppet play', Brother," she explained, taking one more step back so that they could resume their conversation from a more polite distance.

"I do not mean a presentation of simulacra dangling upon thread. I mean a contest where the participants must influence a specific kine, or group of kine, into performing certain actions, or getting into certain scenarios. For instance, a challenge to see who could influence two kine to break a law, or some such thing. In, short, we would make puppets of the kine, pulling them this way and that with strings crafted of whiles and disciplines, all so that we can craft the plot that we wish. Does that not sound like an interesting proposition?"

An infernal glee gleamed in the Tyrant's eyes.

"We would simply need the correct plot to inspire our contestants onward."

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Josephine was still to close for Gilroy's comfort but at least with some space he was able to bring himself to look at her again.

"It certainly sounds interesting," he agreed. Interesting was one word for it. Worrying was another. That her first thought was to make people break the law didn't help. "The goal would have to be simple and achievable within a reasonable time frame. I'd recommend disallowing Disiplines not only because of the Laws, but to reduce the chance of a Masquerade Breach." Such a contest would still favor the more skilled social manipulators. Like the the Ventrue.
    Mask of Tranquility

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread