Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

If Faye had to be honest with herself, this was a meeting she wasn’t really looking forward to. Not that she didn’t like Emrys, he was a nice guy. But just for the fact that this would be her second, yes, second, return to Sac. She was sure trust and any positive feelings anyone had for her was gone or severely damaged. But one thing she knew, he would be honest and fair.

So she found herself in McKinley park, waiting on her Path’s leader. She found a bench near a pond with a fountain in the middle and tree coverage. Not that the winter sun was too terribly warm, but it seemed like a nice spot. She was dressed casually, but then again, when wasn’t she? But todays outfit was an over-sized sweater with jeans, her long hair down and sunglasses. She sat absently sipping from a bottle of water, eyes watching the fountain, lost in her own thoughts for the moment.

@Emrys Xander

Emrys

PRE

Judgement came as second nature to Emrys. Nous, Ermac, July, the list of people that could verify that fact continued to grow, likely beyond the people he knew of. Was any of that judgement directed at Faye? Not especially. She wasn't the first and probably wouldn't be the last Enchanter to pass through Sacramento. With the Banishers well established and little to nothing known about the Seers, he didn't blame the people who thought it was to dangerous to stick around.

As Emrys entered the park and found his way towards Faye, he didn't seem bothered or upset. If anything he was glad Faye was alright, given the last time he heard about her she was going into the field to help VT with the GLO.

"Faye!" The Councilor called out with a smile to his former Provost. "How have you been?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Hearing her name, her head turns and sees her Counselor approaching.

She lifts her sunglasses and smiles, “Hey!” she greets, “Been better to be honest, but since getting back into town it's been nothing but good. How about you?” she asks as she gestures to the bench, inviting to sit.

Emrys

PRE

So sorry for the delay!

Emrys gladly accepted the offered seat. He seemed a bit dismayed to hear that Faye wasn't having the best of times, but if she would focus on the good that's happened then he would do the same.

"I'm doing good." The Councilor said as he bobbed his head a bit. "We had the usual chaos at The Meeting, shit happened, but everyone lived happily ever after."

"On a related note, after you left me and Striker were able to isolate the source of those weird events in South Sacramento. I'm meeting with Flidais from the Book Club about sorting out the details, afterwards I'll be writing a report and sending it to everybody if you're interested."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She gently shakes her head and chuckles, “I suppose it wouldn’t be a meeting if there wasn’t some sort of chaos. Wonder if that’ll ever change?” she says thoughtfully.

Being reminded of leaving stung, but she expected it. Though she wasn’t expecting him to offer to let her see the report.

Yeah, sure, that’d be great. I’d like to get involved again, though I’m sure there will be some hesitance.” Trust was hard to get back.

She takes a deep breath, “I didn’t leave because I wanted to, I had to. My dad was in the hospital and his care fell on me.” Blue eyes look at the fountain for a few seconds before she continued, “Not that I’m making excuses, just wanted to let you know why.”

Emrys

PRE

"I doubt it." Emrys said with a nonchalant shrug. "But then I'm also not sure I'd want it to. The chaos gives the Council something to talk about, and the more we talk about our opinions the better our constituents can understand how we represent them. The chaos isn't usually toxic, it just turns the cogs in the machine."

The Enchanter's head bobbed once more as Faye mentioned wanting to get involved. He knew that feeling, because he's been feeling for most of his stay in Sacramento. "Find a cabal, and work on the Banishers then. I think Temoin du Suds could use the numbers, or you can try talking to Avis about rejoining Vee Tee. Guess it just depends on who you want to roll with."

"I'm sorry to hear about your father." As abrasive as Emrys sometimes was, he could be sympathetic. Mostly he was just glad to hear that other people in the Concilium kept in touch with their relatives from before their awakening. "You dn't need to say anything you don't want to or justify your absence, but if you need someone to talk to I'm always here."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She takes a moment, considering his words before her head turns to look at him, “You know what? That actually makes sense, and is a very interesting way to look at it.” She says with a nod of her head, “Never looked at it that way.” But she still hated the yelling and drama, drama was just a huge waste of time.

“I’m not quite sure who I want to roll with to be honest. Last I knew Vee Tee was the powerhouse in town. I could talk to her, but the more I’ve thought about it, the more I’m not sure I fit in with them. Lets face it, my skills are pretty limited right now. It’s something I plan on working on, make myself more rounded and all that. I guess I have to find a group that finds what skills I do have useful in some way.” She shrugs. It wasn’t that she was useless, she just wasn’t really good at fighting or anything. She was more social and hiding out in the open type of girl.

Nodding once more, “Thanks, I think I've come to terms with it.” Which hadn’t been easy. “It’s just I know we sometimes get labeled as being flaky by others. And I can be pretty flaky sometimes. I’m not trying to justify leaving, I just wanted to own up just disappearing like I did.” She says with a sigh. “And thanks for the offer, means a lot.”

Emrys

PRE

Emrys smiled and nodded, glad someone else could agree that the yelling and conflict wasn't inherently evil. It might not always be the most constructive, but even that had it's place here and there.

"It's a powerhouse because it has the most assertive and active people in the city. Any other cabal could match them, if only they did as much without poking the metaphorical bees nest." A thought was put aside for Crowley and TdS, a cabal that could have had a sterling reputation were it not for Gyges' rudeness and Crowley's treatment of Avis.

"As for skill sets, no one is omnipotent and finding a place your current skill set applies is a good place to start. I'd suggest Temoins du Suds as they need the numbers last I heard. I hear there's a new cabal you could look into too if you're interested. Although in the current climate I doubt anyone would turn away an extra set of eyes and ears."

Don't worry about the labels, worry about what you need and your path to enlightenment. The people that try and write us off as flaky are the people that can't see the full range of options open to those with the foresight to know when to act or wait and the luck to guide us in our actions."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“What helps is they’re able to work together and have trust. Which is think is lacking with the other groups. I mean, sure, there is a level of trust, just not a high level of it. And of course everyone thinks their idea or plan is the right one. More communication between the groups would be good too.” She says with a shrug, those were just her observations.

Nodding, “I’ll get in touch with them, set up a meeting and see what happens. Do you have a contact for the new group?” if there was a new group, maybe there was some new faces, which was always good.

“I’ve never really been one to care what others thought, found it more amusing then anything actually.” She says with a chuckle. “But there were times when it did hurt, but years have helped me get past it and shrug it off.” Not to mention being a side show performer taught her to ignore negative people. “That’s a good point though, I need to figure out what path I need to take. I’ve spent so long moving and being afraid to just stay and let what needs to happen, happen. If that makes sense.” She laughs, knowing it sounded awesome in her head.

Emrys

PRE

Trust?

Trust was something Emrys didn't initially feel towards the Threats. Of the other six in the cabal two had left him without a word once, one recruited the first two from under him, and a fourth hates his guts. The potential to make a difference and to personally meet the most valued members of the Consilium are what first drew him in, and trust in the whole grew from his experience with the parts. Well, most of the parts at least.

"Communication is what the meetings are for, and as for trust? I think the cabals trust themselves, but Crowley and Avis are both harboring bad blood towards each other that can poison their groups. I don't think either will move on, but no ones dueling or asking for arbitration so it's not our business yet."

At Faye's question regarding the new people Emrys could only shake his head. "I haven't heard anything, but try calling Miach. He's been trying really hard to help and get involved, so if he's not with Crowley and company I'd bet he's with the new people."

Finally, as Faye responded and talked about other's opinions Emrys couldn't help but smile as she laughed. "I'm glad you won't let them get to you. If you ever have a problem or want help feel free to talk to me. It's kinda my job to look out for you guys, but even without it I'd still like to help when I can."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread