Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Not quite an interview...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Miach

PRE

It was a lively evening at the Pourhouse, and a tall blonde man was sitting in a remote corner, sipping from a stout ale. Menwel had always favored those... his days of mourning her passing were long over, but the mystagogue still couldn't help but reminiscing every now and then. What if... For an Acanthus, whose affinity with Time and Fate makes it perhaps more tangible, those questions always held heavily. But that particular Lie was far beyond his reach, if it was even a Lie. Sifting Truths from Lies could be hard sometimes...

The doctor shook his head, chasing those thoughts away from his mind, and instead stood up a bit, trying to see whether Ermac had arrived, as they had agreed. His duty today was not to Menwel, nor even to the dead, but to the living.

E
    Ermac

Ermac arrived a tad bit late. Traffic had been horrendous and his luck seemed he would hit every single red light on the way over. Flying in the door and brushing his hair into place with his hand, the Theurge looked around for the Acanthus. Pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose, he spotted the man.

Hurrying over to Miach and taking a seat, "Hi Jon, how are you?"

Miach

PRE

Relieved to see the Theurge finally arrive, Miach greeted him warmly. "Hi Eric, I'm fine, thanks. What about you ? I'm glad you could come, there's much I'd like to discuss with you." and he let that hang, before resuming with a smile.

"But first things first ! I can see you hurried here, you must be thirsty, no ? Want a drink ?" he asked, while looking at his own beverage of choice for the night.

E
    Ermac

Ermac looked down at Miach's pint of Guinness. "I see that you like dark beers too," he commented with approval. "I think Winter Lager is still on tap. Regardless, I'll take a Sam Adam's Seasonal."

Relaxing a bit in the comfort of the seat with a smile on his face. As Forces were his specialty, controlling sound was one the most useful invocations he had utilized. He did not cast unless a situation warranted it - or someone requested it. "I've been great so far. Work's finally easing up. Tech troubles are getting fewer. They're using this program called Monetate for the marketing department. It does this crazy data collection."

Miach

PRE

While dark beers weren't a particular favorite of his, every so often it was a nice change of pace. It seemed the Theurge had tastes of his own, and who was he to blame the man. Perhaps he'll even indulge himself a bit later, and try that Sam Adams too.

Regardless, it was now time for some chit-chat, and the mystagogue humored his guest. As best he could. "You're lucky if you get less work. Mine is as hellish as ever. People never get less hurt, you know... As for that Monetate thing... it's like Chinese to me..." he admitted with a smile and a shrug. To each his own jargon, after all.
    "But I doubt you'd like talks about pericardial effusion better... so perhaps we could about what we have in common... in private ?" he asked, raising an quizzical eyebrow at the Angel.

E
    Ermac

At Miach's request, Ermac so obeyed. The atmospheric noise was easy to manipulate. The Obrimos wove the air molecules around them like a protective barrier. No sound of their conversation would dare reach the ears of others.

Raising both brows as an indication of "all clear," he sipped from his beer. "So what can I help you with, my good friend?"

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-01-12 13:44:13 Ermac rolls 7 to Control Sound [Gno + Forces] (10 Again) 7, 5, 10, 3, 2, 6, 8, 7 2 successes

Miach

PRE

Nodding in quiet thanks to the Obrimos as he offered them some privacy, Miach took a quick sip from his draught, and inhaled a deep breath. He had used the time before the Theurge came to ponder his next moves, and now it was time to actually play them.

"Well... I was wondering if it might perhaps not be the other way round. I would like to talk Orders with you, if you didn't mind. Over a beer. And, first of all, in hindsight, I was wondering why you choose to join the Libertines at first?" the Acanthus decided to be plain. Deception wasn't quite something he was comfortable with, beyond the occasional white lie, of course.

E
    Ermac

Ermac nodded slowly in response to Miach's inquiry. "My first Mentor, Ayrton, led me down that path." He sipped from his beer, recalling happy times with her. "She was one hell of an instructor." The Obrimos smiled cheerfully, "Mastigos, mind you, always pushing me to improve. Always challenging my thoughts and opinions and demanded I provide supporting evidence. I loved her style of debate."

"As she saw it, technology is not to be disregarded but to be adapted into magic. I still remember her saying with passionate enthusiasm,"
    he held up both hands in a grand gesture, "It is akin to choosing to ignoring a hammer and using one’s fist to pound in a nail. Just because it is a product of the Fallen World, does not mean it cannot be utilized."

Lowering his hands and shrugging, "As a Comp Sci major that made sense to me. So, I went with what made sense at that point in my life."

Miach

PRE

It was unexpected, but it would seem that he and Ermac had both been shaped by female mentor... at least up to a point. Menwel had never tried to have him join an Order. "I see whay you mean. It seems clear to me too that technology has its use. If nothing else, for all those of us who haven't Awakened yet."

And so the Theurge had joined the Libertines. If Miach didn't know better, he thought he could venture a guess as to why Ermac had left, then. Politics. But it would run contraty to his position as the current Councilor of the Mighty. Interesting. And potentially useful.

"And what made you leave, if I may inquire ?" he was a long-time resident of the River City, but there had been very few cases of people leaving or even changing Orders during his stay.

E
    Ermac

"Terminal Attention Deficit Disorder," he replied casually in regards to his former comrades. "They wouldn't know how to organize a picnic without arguing over who was hosting it."

Taking a sip of beer, slowly exhaled savoring the taste. "The local Assembly has played host to misfits, title collectors, and rebellious rabble looking for an confrontation. Not a debate. Just petty strife."

With a tilt of his head, "I left them because they cannot agree on anything. Worse yet, in their eyes, I happen to like leadership. I like it when we're not running around like headless chickens." A certain Guardian Angel had pointed out that attribute.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread