Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Kenneth smiled with closed lips.

"Hello Priscus Konrad. It's good to see you again as well. What can I do for you tonight?" he asked politely, forcing himself to look relaxed. Not that the Curse ever let the Haunt look like he wasn't cringing at something like cornered vermin.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad strolled to a comfortable conversational distance with Kenneth and held the man's gaze despite the nagging urge to hit the man who seemed suited to the role of a whipped dog.

"Well I just noticed you're back. Thought you ran out on us there for a while. Reeve Sterling and I missed you terribly. Don't suppose you've gotten up to date on matters of Court and what have you? If not, there's a few changes I'd like to go over with you, if you're interested."

The Savage speaks as though he's fulfilling a favor to an old friend, catching up on old times in preparation of new ones.

Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan

"I have been given a short brief by Priscus Marlon. Sister Sterling was made Reeve. She challenged Marco Fernandez to monomancy and won." A nicer way of saying she had killed him. Given the timing of it, the act was probably mostly a power play but that was better left unsaid. "Which, and this is just a guess, means you've probably moved up to being Prefect?" How a question could induce revulsion was amazing if it weren't so annoying.

"Still, catching up on other things. A lot of new faces to learn." Kenneth left the possibility of there being more new information, in case Konrad hadn't been talking about the mix up with Josephine and the Carthians.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"Was Prefect before Marco bought it," corrects Konrad without stopping to linger on those details.

"Yeah, we've got a few new Beasts to contend with," he starts, turning to gesture with a general nod. "There's Graves, Clan Ventrue, part of the Movement. Miss Walker of Clan Mekhet just arrived last Court along with a Mr. Braggs of Clan Daeva. Not sure where he's at. But I'm sure him and Priscus Cordoba will turn up at some point. And Brittany, the blonde, Clan Gangrel."

"But really, the thing I wanted to talk to you about was your plans for the Lance. The Reeve and I still hold true to Longinus's teachings, least I try to. I just wanted to see if you're going to keep the Faith going in the Domain. Maybe the three of us can sit down to discuss the good word? You know, after you get settled in, of course."

Nothing like an eager convert to whip the clergy into motion.

5. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Had Konrad been Prefect. Was that something Kenneth had missed or had he just forgotten? The Nosferatu bit the inside his cheek, something to check over in his notes later. Hopefully it was just absent mindedness and not something more supernatural.

Then Konrad said something that made him forget his forgetfulness.

"My plans?" he asked in confusion. Wasn't that something better asked of Sterling? But then Roth mentioned her in his very next sentence. Still hold true? Slowly the gear began to turn, even as Gilroy tried desperately to make them stop. This couldn't be happening again. He'd just been able to avoid becoming Priscus again.

"I'm sorry, I'm not sure if I quite understand. Has something happened with Sister Sterling that prevents her from making plans of her own?" True, she embraced a more equal attitude than the churches hierarchy traditionally took, but she was still effectively Bishop. Right? The lower mind kept telling him to run, but like an animal caught in headlights; all he could do was wait to hear the next damning words.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

7. Likes Cayce liked this post

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"Ah, there's the rub, as they say," says Konrad, realizing Kenneth is still in the dark about that particular change in the Domain. "You see, Sister Sterling is now of the First Estate. After you left she must not have felt up to upholding the Church practices all on her own. Which means you're the Lance's sole member, far as I know. Not sure if that means you get the keys to that old funeral home or not. But it is what it is."

A rather blunt explanation, and rather light on the details as well. Still, Konrad looks expectantly to the Domain's new spiritual leader for signs of thoughtful activity.

9. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

'My God, my God, why have you forsaken me' seemed an appropriate response. Also 'fuck me'. Neither of which he could say at this particular time.

"I see," was the best he could do, given the surprise. Gilroy had never once thought Josephine would abandon the covenant. She had seemed so faithful and fervent in her belief. The only real reason, Gilroy stuck with it was for his Grandsire's sake. And now he was being forced into a position of power. Again. It was enough coincidence to make one consider divine intervention.

And not only was did he find himself Bishop but he was being asked about his political agenda. It was the Pricus meeting all over again, only this time he hadn't pre-thought things even a little. This time he was the sole member of his group. What could one of the Damned accomplish by themselves in a city like this; that the Lancea seemed to have abandoned?

Think, a church is a political body as much as anything else. What goals did it have and which of those did Kenneth want to focus on.

(Comfort and belonging, standard religious fare but hardly needed as a basis for proceeding. It came part and parcel with the message of the Lancea. You are a monster and it's okay for you to be. Plus, Cursed as he was, it should be abundantly clear anyone could join and rise through the ranks of the church.

(Enforcement of beliefs; that was honestly being handled by the Prince and his court already. The traditions were already enshrined in law. Any more and that would require---

(Rulership over the domain; not currently a viable option. The Prince and Invictus were sufficiently entrenched. While the Lance Sanctum was often satisfied with a simple advisory roll, even that seemed currently out of reach. There just wasn't enough power behind the words he might speak. Though with Josephine as Reeve and Konrad as Prefect, that offered some influence.

(Exploration of divine mysteries; the other thing besides comfort the church had. The problem was that Gilroy didn't know any Theban sorcery. A failing on his part that he'd have to correct. Sterling might have knowledge of those rites. Though what would it say of the Covenant to have one of the Invictus teaching new comers their spells, even someone who had previously been a part of the church. Still, it offered a direction for Kenneth to proceed, at least personally.

(Conversion; obviously number one priority. The problem being how to go about it. Since the message seemed to be falling short, that meant other routes had to be taken. Unfortunately there wasn't a lot he could currently offer aside from free lodging. Physical coercion wasn't something he could do either. Power, influence, opportunity, hidden knowledge. None of these things did he have. It was enough to make him sigh.

Kenneth popped his neck with a sickening crack.

"Of course I'll continue to uphold the Dark Prophet's gospel. 'Keep the Faith going' as you said. I'd, of course, be willing to host a discussion group. Even if the Moore House hasn't passed to me, I've built a temple in the Necropolis that could be used if need be." Would he have time to meet and talk bluntly with Josephine before then. Better to assume not. Which meant he'd probably have to make some show of social power himself. Though unlike hers, it would probably not end fatally. However, he was Bishop now, and he couldn't have the First estate thinking they could issue orders through the Reeve. He had a feeling he was going to have to read through the entire scripture again.

"As for plans... I'm afraid I couldn't say anything concrete at this moment," mostly because he had only found out just now, but also Konrad (as converted as he claimed to be) was not part of the Covenant. Though given the lack of membership, that might not be as much a barrier as it normally would be. "Though seeking out converts will probably be a significant part of anything I can immediately think up," he answered honestly.
    Mask of Tranquility

11. Likes Cayce liked this post

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

A pained expression emerges from Konrad, either from the sickening pop of bone grinding against bone or at the mention of visiting a Temple within the Necropolis. Konrad hopes the funeral home, this Moore House, remains available.

"Well gotta start somewhere," remarks the Gangrel encouragingly. In many ways they were in the same boat. Each the sole member of their order, until recently for Konrad, and eager to gain recruits.

"And you know you can always call on me for a favor. If you need assistance in rites or something like that," he suggests. "That aside, I do have a work order for you, that is if our arrangement still stands. But that can wait. Get your house in order and all that, first and foremost. Where did you disappear to anyways, if you don't mind my asking?"

The question is casual, almost an afterthought as the Priscus pries curiously into the man's whereabouts since the 4th of July incident.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"The agreement still stands," he said with a nod of the head as if in deference. He was about to say he could take the order now but thought better of it. This was court after all, and Konrad's seeming consideration probably hid the fact that he didn't want to say the request here. Still, a favor for a favor would be welcome. "Give me a few days and I should be able to take your request."

The question wasn't unexpected. There would probably be others asking about it as well.

"Boston," he said "My grandsire requested my presence." A lie to be sure but he had gone to see Elija. "Can't say much more than than unfortunately."
    Mask of Tranquility

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"Ah," says Konrad with a look of understanding. "Family comes first. No worries there. Just curious-like.

Relief fills his features, knowing that Kenneth is still willing and able to fulfill their dealings. Prudent as he is, Konrad always takes an opportunity to prepare for the future. Opportunities are like doors. Some come closed, others opened, and others still are locked. But explosives can make for a great deal of opportunities when no others are available.

"Say, how do you usually travel, Gilroy? Boston's a fair distance away, I imagine. Overnight flight? Train, maybe?" While the question seems to have a moot point, Konrad seems like he has something in mind when he brings it up. Travel can be quite dangerous for Kindred, who risk exposure to the daystar along with any number of potentially devastating encounters, especially for a Nosferatu.

15. Likes Cayce liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread