Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)
    Wizened Inventor/Telluric

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Short and petite, Evelynn is pale, with a pair of wide brown eyes hidden behind a set of very large glasses.

Mein

A thin, long-fingered woman with eyes that are impossibly large and glassy, giving her the appearance of wearing large, thick glasses when she's not. Her skin is almost translucent in its paleness, and underneath, one can sometimes see the ticking of clockwork parts.

Mantle

The occasional hush falls around her - those moments of silence where surrounding conversations all lull at the same moment seem to happen more often, or perhaps the silences are just more noticeable.
    Pledges

Winter Annual Freehold Pledge

PRE

Evelynn had heard of the Dragon. She knew almost nothing about it, but she'd heard, at least. Her impression was that people didn't like to talk about it, at least not unless she asked. And she didn't like to ask, because that meant dredging up painful memories for other people in order to sate her own curiosity, and that felt just too selfish.

She offered an encouraging smile to Mhairi. She knew what that was like, having nowhere else to go. She supposed she could just... leave, and keep going until she accidentally came across another Freehold, but why? There was nothing to guarantee that any other such Hold would be better. In fact, previous experience rather firmly suggested that it wouldn't be.

She nodded at Coco's point that what draws someone to a place and what keeps them there are often very different. "I've remained so far because it seems a good place to make a home. Maybe find a new family." Since hers had never missed her.

M
    Matrixchild

An eyebrow raised just slightly at the mention of a 'Dragon'. In their world that could mean so many things, even in the literal sense. He didn't ask though, he just let it go. Hearing both Mhairi and Evelynn's response Hank looked to Cosima and said, "You're right there. Probably the more important reason is why you stay. I'm just going to play it by ear and see what happens."

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Short and petite, Evelynn is pale, with a pair of wide brown eyes hidden behind a set of very large glasses.

Mein

A thin, long-fingered woman with eyes that are impossibly large and glassy, giving her the appearance of wearing large, thick glasses when she's not. Her skin is almost translucent in its paleness, and underneath, one can sometimes see the ticking of clockwork parts.

Mantle

The occasional hush falls around her - those moments of silence where surrounding conversations all lull at the same moment seem to happen more often, or perhaps the silences are just more noticeable.
    Pledges

PRE

Evelynn's attention was drawn, at the lull of the conversation, to the entrance of the Winter Queen, who announced that people might approach her to give their Freehold Oaths. And seeing as how Evelynn had only sworn for a season last time, she needed to do that. This time, she intended to make it a longer oath, now that she was more certain of her willingness to stay.

She was about to step away, but she paused, looking back at her companions with a smile. "I'm gonna go make my oath. I'll be back in a second. And, ah, if you guys are planning on sticking around, you might want to think about making a Freehold Oath of your own. I don't think it's strictly required, but it's certainly helpful." She thought back to pie, and to how Ramona seemed much more willing to warm to her, given that they could each sense the Hold Oath on the other. Having that kind of instant basis for trust was useful, and you really didn't have to give up much in order to get it. Just a quick promise of aid.

With a quick flash of a grin, she hiked up her too-long skirt and approached the Winter Queen with a shy smile.

Evelynn makes her Oath here and then returns to the group when she's finished

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

That moment of lull as the Winter Queen makes her entrance is breathtaking. 'God. She's gorgeous. Like stop traffic gorgeous.' Mhairi thinks more than a little self conscious, in her wrinkled dress, and not dress matching boots. Listening to Evelynn, Mhairi has to agree, she should swear to the Freehold.

Mhairi give Hank and Coco another crooked smile "I should go swear my oath as well." she says, and follows after Evelynn, ignoring the sound of her not matching boots make on the floor.

Mhairi makes her oath here and returns to the group afterward.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Well, you're certainly the captain of your fate, Hank, but I'd recommend using more than just your ear to guide that fate, no matter how large it might be," Coco returned with a frosty smile of her own before emptying yet more of the flask. It was something to do, if nothing else, until their companions returned.

And, when they did, the Wasp's smile warmed marginally.

"Ah, welcome back Mhairi, Evelynn. I hope you realize I didn't intend to frighten you. Just make you aware that, wonderful and kind people though we might be, this is not a land where cute bunnies munch on sunflowers. Or vice versa, I suppose, depending on you fondness for rabbits. But regardless, if you ever hear the name Fairweather, that would be the Dragon. Best avoided, unless you're me.

"Warnings aside, however," Coco continued, "What do you all do? Do best, I should say?"
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

M
    Matrixchild

Hank's eye looked towards the Winter Queen intently as she made her entrance and brought up the issue of oaths. That's something he certainly needed to do. Before he could say anything though Evelynn and Mhairi had already spoken and went to take their oaths. Before turning to leave though Hank listened to Cosima and let out a slight laugh at her comment about his ears.

"I guess I'll be back as well. And I think my mouth with handle this issue instead of my 'large ears'," he said with a soft smile before he turned and headed to the Winter Queen.

Hank went here and would return afterwards

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"I know life isn't all sunshine and flowers. I knew that Before. Capital 'B'." Mhairi whispers nearly to herself, but still loud enough to be heard. "I just didn't expect a dragon right off the...hop. heh." the elemental finishes lamely remembering the bunny imagery. "When I swore my oath, I offered my blade skill. It's just I don't have my favorite weapon on me. Or anywhere. I didn't have one to bring to town...so uh...what I'm trying to ask is...weapons? Err...where can I buy one, or have one made...it's more specialized then a normal blade...uh." 'I can fake it. Talking, banter, the whole shebang, but I want to build real relationships, and that means they need to know the real me. In my apparent awkward glory.' "It's a fan. A fan with metal." The elemental mimed the detentions of her war fan. "It is totally better then it sounds." Mhairi defended dropping her hands with their drip.drip.dripping fingers to her sides.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

M
    Matrixchild

Having sworn his oath he returned to his original conversation just in time to hear Cosima's second statement and then Mhairi's words. "I'm a mechanic. Hoping to have my own shop eventually. Right now just working on the side for a little money. You do what you can in the moment though." He didn't know anyone in town to buy weapons from so he couldn't assist, and he had no intention of messing around with someone labeled 'a dragon', literal or figuratively.

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Mein

Mantle

Pledges

PRE

Evelynn smiled at Coco's question. "You mean like, for a living? Or what services do we offer to the Hold?" She tilted her head, as if she was truly curious, but didn't stop speaking. "For work, I'm a watchmaker, more or less. I've offered my services to the Hold as an inventor."

Then, at Mhairi's question, she grinned. Yes! Something she could help with! "Ah, actually, you might want to talk to Ramona about that! She's a blacksmith!" she chirped, pleased at the prospect of being able to actually help the newcomer. A quick glance around said that Ramona wasn't present. "I don't know if you picked up her number when we left the diner the other day or not, but she'd probably be willing to help you out, or at least point you in the right direction."

OOC: Just in case you missed it, we ended the diner scene with an exchange of numbers and then we all just went our separate ways. Since Mhairi was technically there but not really interacting, I don't know if we should say she got Ramona's number or not?

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

A brief moue appeared on Coco's face when Evelynn stole the recommendation of the Freehold's smith right off of Coco's lips, but the Wasp didn't dwell on that for long, not when it seemed she might have a new...playmate. At least temporarily.

"You know, Mhairi," Coco wheedled, "we really should spar sometime. I'm quite curious just how proficient you might be with your fan dance. Besides, it's important to ensure that you don't lose your edge, and what better way to do that than by training with the most talented sword master in the freehold?"

A scarlet brow arched briefly in challenge before the Wasp's expression transformed into a sly expression.

"Of course, as you said, you'll need the fans first. Why don't you mention to Ramona that you need them to help with the Freehold's defense? She won't be able to deny you then, and I'm sure you'd be able to work out payment later. Or pledge, or something."

A fluid shrug punctuated the statement and then the Wasp turned (perhaps thankfully) to Evelyn and Hank.

"As for you two, I wonder, between the two of you do you believe you could produce a disguised mailbox? One that Courtiers could stealthily put missives into, and without fear of those missives being stolen?"
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

11. Likes InvertedMonkey liked this post
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread