Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(2015 Winter) Juno, L'aire, et. all

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan smiled back at Green's nonverbal greeting, replying with her own nonverbal salutations of combining the smile with a nod and a small wave hello to show she was glad to see Green. She then made an 'o' with her mouth as she replied to L'Aire's answer, "Oh. That tis true. Just...mmmost folks that sssay good-bye nay return," the Beast smiled, "Tis nice that one did."

Morgan took the invitation for a hug and delivered one to Daniel. It was nice to have a packmate--erm, courtier return. "Welcome bah-back Daniel," she was smiling when she stepped back from the hug. "T-t-thank ye for the," she shivered, "authentic ghost-camera t-t-that does work, heh-heh. [sizer=1]On-a-fire-spirit-trying-to-throttle-me[/size]," She shivered again at the memory of the thing she'd captured a photo of. "Um, can I ask of ye though? Hope tis yay. Did, heh-heh thine jo-jonu--erk, quest go well?"

"It is a pleasure to see you again as well, Morgan. And you need not fear my quills, they are relaxed." She curled her tail up for emphasis, the tips of the little spines just barely visible in the tail tuft fur. "They are useful, but irritating. I can snag things so easily with them if I am not careful."

Looking thoughtful for a moment, then, "Yes! That classic welcome to Las Vegas sign would be an excellent example of Googie style. Even better -- the Jetsons! George's car, the buildings, the weird little space age antennae projections on just about everything. In fact, our shop is located in a building that was built....1962, I think...as part of the coffee shop fad. The owner of the studio wants to push for historical building status. I intend to help him with that."

Sam Skrit.

"His name was Sam Skrit, an Artist whose speciality was scriptwork ink. He was in Sacramento for a very short while, and left. I do miss him still, and I hope that his travels have brought him joy."

S
    Sasha

Daniel had perfect timing after finishing his dance with Ava. At least Morgan picked up what she was saying. L’aire couldn’t say the same for the reverse. The ghost camera sounded pretty cool.

“Did you enjoy your dance, Daniel?” Smiling thoughtfully, his joke earlier passing through her head again.

Continuing to listen to the Spring Fairest, the Onyx wasn’t about to throw out more details since all her information wasn’t in person. “Googie style. I didn’t know that’s what it was called. Interesting.” Now coffee shop caught her attention. “Coffee shops are or were a fad?” It would be a pity if a quaint diner fell to the hands of upgrading everything.

“Sadly, I’m not familiar with that name.” It was probably long before he time in the Freehold.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

“I’m glad to hear it,” he said smiling when Morgan brought up the camera. “I’ve actually made something else since then. An energy scanner of sorts. It won’t make a picture, but it will hopefully let you know when something is around sooner than developing a photo would.” Assuming it worked.

“Mmm,” he grumbled at mention of the trip “Not as well as I had hope. Still got some stuff to do.” Then again, if he didn’t, would that really be better? “Luckily I there’s nothing left for me back there now. So should be sticking around for a while yet,” he mentioned cheerfully.

“How about you? Any progress with the book and the dragon?” According to Ava nothing major had occurred, but it couldn’t hurt to check with Morgan.

“And the dance was great,” he replied L’aire’s question “Pretty sure I missed more steps than not but it was good catching up with Ava. Plus it’s always good to remind people the ballroom floor is open to all skill levels.” Honestly it was like back in high school. Everyone standing around the edges. He had had half a mind to snatch Morgan and drag her out but he laughed to himself just imagining the fear in her eyes.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

"Sam was around...two, maybe three years ago; he didn't stay very long. I went on a couple of dates with him before he left, so I do have pleasant memories of him. It is good to be back. But I do have a question - in the year that I spent away from here, what changes have taken place? Is there still the seasonal option for the Freehold pledge? I have to attend to that responsibility this evening. In the midst of pleasure there will always be the required."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan shrugged at Juno reassurance, "No worries at-at all then, heh. I un-understand. Sssometimes I heh-have trouble with lettings things go," she raised her right hand and clicked her claw tips together, "if-if they snag right, heh-heh, things get stuck." But the talk about Sandy Script was right over her head. She had no idea what they were talking about with architecture.

Fortunately, Daniel brought her attention back to him. She smiled back and nodded, "Y-yes thank ye Daniel. Not-not-not that I don't appreciate the camera, tis-awesome work ye done. But t'would heh-heh be good to ken sssomething was around without hours of waiting, heh-heh...probably zzzafer too." They technically had a place to test it, what with the campfire spirit being confirmed and all that. Assuming it didn't try to attack somehow.

Morgan tilted her head at Daniel's answer, a concussed kitten look on her face. She was unsure if Daniel was upset by the question or not with his jump from unhappy to cheery. "Um...zzzorry it did nay go well...uh," people stuff was really hard.
    "But-but ye can be ssssure ye hath plenty of f-f-friends heh-here if-if ye ever need heh-help-hugs-or uh...other stuff." The motor mouth had ground to a halt at the end as she was quite unsure what word to use.

At the question about Fair Weather, the raccoon couldn't stop herself from wincing and looking ashamed. She hadn't looked into the Book of Fear Daniel had been part of retrieving, leaving it to Betony. True, there had been the thing with the Long Midnight, the quarrel with Cosima, and other problems. But The Beast felt ashamed she'd not progressed in her investigation. "Afraid it hazz seen no new progress in truth. I, uh," she let out a defeated sigh, "Sssome stuff came up b-b-but nay an excuse. I haven't f-found any new leads in tomes n-n-nor am I t-t-thrilled to try the heh-Hedge alone. Did l-l-look into uh...acquisitions? Yeah, that, for a like three mundane sssolutions, heh-heh." It was a revelation that you could go on e-bay using her new telephone. And the suit had cost less then a thousand too, "Only one of 'em I c-c-could do solo-now. Ju~ust waiting for the sssuit to arrive. T-t-then I'll heh-have to f-f-find sssomebody to conjure-throw fire at me...uh," a look best described as "oh crap" crossed her face. She blushed at her own stupidity and punched her left fist against her thigh to prevent a face palming. "Second thought: I'll heh-have to f-figure out a different test a'fore I heh-heh test it f-f-first hand," she slumped her shoulders in defeat.

Because having someone throw magic fire at you before you knew the suit would protect you was really stupid. Change subject? How about dancing: "Oh I t-t-thought ye did-did well dancing, heh. It did like like ye ano-and Ava were having f-f-fun."

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"As far as I know, the Oath for a season still stands," Green answered, stirring in his suit of dapper finery. "The Courts and the Sovereigns are still around but we... ah... tinkered with how things work in the 'Hold. Yeah - the Courts have taken a back seat... sorta... There is this Council running things now. The posts are chosen by vote so its about people, not Courts and Mantles and such, yeah? The finer details are, like, still being worked on."

He nodded to his fellow Onyx.

"L'Aire is what we call the Emissary. She sits on the Council... So she could probably fill you in better than me..." Green added with a soft smile.

S
    Sasha

L’aire was positive the last time she danced, which was with Chris, there were other couples on the floor. Maybe he didn’t realize it, but it was pretty insulting coming from the Gravewight, at least that’s how the Onyx felt. “I see. I didn’t realize it was inhibiting anyone’s want to dance... L’aire softly spoke, a hint of sadness buried in an undertone. It reminded her of Tessa or even how Nathan was for that matter. The Fairest was too shy to remark on it further.

The Fairest was quiet as Morgan explained some things. She had a bit of difficulty on occasion understanding what the Beast had said. She could relate to the Leaden woman, often she still had difficulty conveying what she meant.

“What Malcolm says is accurate.
    ” The Fairest concurred. “You take the Oath for each Season until your own Season comes, then you can just renew it yearly.”

Although, the Dancer didn’t think she was one to fill in anyone better, she’d try her best. “During the Summer Court, Brother Lucas announced that the Monarchs would be available, but for just Seasonal necessities, or in case of emergency. He announced positions of a Council, and as Malcolm said, we all voted for those in any sort of position. The purpose was to let us run the Freehold and handle the issues that arose. We are all new to the Council and a Council run Freehold. So we’re still working on certain aspects and what may need to be done with things like disputes, questionable things or getting a new Commons area up and going.”

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

“I’ll have to get the power meter to you then,” he confirmed when Morgan said she’d like it “And don’t worry about the trip. I still got the most I could out of it for what was there.”

It was unfortunate that no further progress had been made with the Book of Fear but it did sound like the Steepscrambler was working on building up to a fight. Though testing flame resistant suits didn’t sound particularly safe, it was something. Probably a very important something if it did come down to battle.

“Well, if you do need help, all you have to do is ask.”

He listened as the current political system was explained but the Darkling’s brow creased in concern at L’aire’s tone and by her use of ‘it’ in her initial comment.

“Hey,” he said apologetically “Sorry. It was supposed to be a joke at my expense, not yours.” He’d have to shift gears. He supposed talking with Ava and even Morgan tended to make him prone to tease a little too much. He’d have to tone it down. L’aire’s sensitivity came as somewhat of a surprise and he'd obviously misjudged something. Hopefully he could put it right and not kill the mood; as he so often seemed to do.

“I’ve never been to any dance in my life where people weren’t nervous about dancing. But in my experience it’s never really been about being compared to anyone but being afraid of being the center of attention. You have nothing to be sorry about.”
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

10. Likes Origins liked this post

"It sounds like quite an adjustment. I do, however, enjoy challenges. Perhaps, once I settle in, I can put my name out there for a seat. Still, it would be interesting to see how in-house Court titles would interact with such a greater social structure."

She smiled, then, "I did hold a Court title once." The Manticoress winced as though she had bitten into something sour, then, "But that was then. Here is the now, as it should be."

Juno paused for a moment, then, "A change of heart opens all manner of desire for new experiences."

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 22

You do not have permission to view the list of names.