Winter Formal: The Bar

Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Lynn Mills

Queen of the Verdant Court
    Darkling Nightsinger/Minstrel
    Presence - 2 Mantle (Spring) - 3 Wyrd - 3

FAME
    PRE

People were coming and going easily, a sign of a good party. Lynn waved cheerily as those who came and went, sipping at the ridiculously sugary drink in her hand. When Juno came by, Lynn made room for her at the bar, wincing a bit at Morgan and her distressingly murky drink.

"Congratulations on completing your pledge. I'm sure you'll enjoy being part of the Freehold."

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Well, Heeelllloooooo," Coco called as she strolled up, empty flask waving gaily to the assembled Lost.

"It's permissible for me to fill this, yes?" she asked, pausing several feet away as though a barrier had just sprung up. "No one would feel...uncomfortable or go cry foul? We won't have to torture poor Ramona for another hour or two?"

The Wasp blinked several times and lowered the flask, seemingly content to stand there until she received an answer.
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

3. Likes Origins, InvertedMonkey liked this post
    S
    Sasha

L’aire nodded to Ava and grinned. “You’re absolutely right.” If the Hunterheart didn't want a thing to do with her in public, then why should she bother.

She took a sip from the bottle of water. Nodded in acknowledgment of Juno pledging her oath to the Freehold. All of the Winters just did it and none seemed to make it that big of a deal, considering it was their season. But, maybe it was to her, since she was returning.

The arrival of Coco to the area made her wonder just what could happen. L’aire was aware of the previous issue, Ava hosted talks over it. She should get an update from her at some point. So far, it was cordial.

The Fairest was feeling a bit crowded near the bar. One of the reasons she rarely set foot over there, unless it was to flirttalk to Harvey. “Would anyone like to dance?” Thumbing to the dance floor.

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Hedgespun Wolf Whistle ••
    Fast Reflexes •

Health: [][][][][][][][]
    Clarity: •••••••
    Willpower: ••••••
    Glamour: 9/10

Beast Blessing:

8a when Animal Ken skill and spend Glamour to a die to dice pools involving Pre and Com.

Curse:

Suffer -4 to untrained Mental skills. No 10-again with Intelligence pools

Kith Blessing:

Tooth and Claw: Causes Lethal Damage instead of Bashing when fighting unarmed.

Freehold Commendation Benefits:

+ 1 to Clarity degeneration roll and + 1 to Brawl

PRE

"Yea, I thought it was more appropriate then my usual one for what's going on." Tally tells Daniel. Then a face she hasn't seen a long while joins them.

"Hey Juno, good to see you again." She greets the Spring Courtier. "I hope everything has been going smoothly since you returned?"

"It's been steady and I've done my best to keep up with the holidays." She reply to Morgan's inquiry concerning the Emporium. Then Coco arrives, requesting for a refill of a flask.

"Hey yourself, Coco." She greets the tipsy woman.

Then L'aire asks if anyone would like to dance, and Tally does her best not to bite her lower lip as she turns to look out at the crowd of people beyond the bar. "Ah, sorry, no thank you, L'aire. I wouldn't know where to begin." She admits.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

"G-g-good to hear ye are, uh...good." was all she could really say to Tally. Morgan doubted she'd be able to relate to selling things in a store, talking to strangers. The Twilit Page had trouble talking with fellow courtiers. And folks didn't really seem to want to talk "shop" at all.

Morgan was a little perplexed as she tried to remember: what did Tally aside from working at the Emporium?

Morgan paused in sipping the overly caffeinated drink at the arrival of Cosima. Then just shrugged it off. The Beast gave a little wave hello with her free hand to the Spring Courtier. There was no fear or hostility in her body language, she actually seemed more relaxed. Something Cosima said made her mind pause. Her mouth not so much:"Uh...why t'would Ramona be getting--oh. Oh," Morgan flushed as her brain caught up. As far as she was concerned the hatchet was buried and forgotten. It still being a problem hadn't occurred to her. She shook her head rapidly in the negative, "No-nope. S-s-saving the staff on cleanin' a glass should nay be against bar rules heh-heh. Nor do I perceive other barriers to ye Cosima, heh-heh."

Was there something else to talk about? She swigged down her caffeine with liquid. Her pupils dilated a little. Dancing? She felt a little energetic right now so maybe? Could Morgan dance? Probably better then she used a computer. She may have been talking faster too (that was a feat), "L'Aire? If mine comrades do nay mind a-and ye hath no better recourse I could venture a dance. Tis all balance, agility, and patterns," she put the empty on the bar and held up both hands in defense, "And I p-promise if a messes up to make sure to cushion thine fall."

If L'Aire offers to drag the raccoon onto the dance floor, Morgan will follow. Morgan may start fidgeting for once not due to nerves.

7. Likes Cayce liked this post

Juno nodded, then, "Thank you for your kind comment, I do enjoy familiar places and comforts." There seemed to be a lot of Desires coming into play around the bar, and the Manticoress was good with watching them happen. Whatever concoction Morgan had in her cup didn't....it looked weird, but the girl seemed to be enjoying it. One wanted to dance and invited others to join. Then there was the inebriated woman who wanted a flask refill. Inwardly the Queen of the Most Elegant Quills thought back on when she was doing much the same thing as a point of rebellion, as if smuggling a flask was the Freehold equivalent of having a sneak-a-toke concealed during a church service.

"Help yourself, there is plenty to go around." Juno paused for a moment, then, "I believe we haven't met. My name is Juno."

Offering a friendly hand to the wasp-woman the Manticoress smiled, but not too widely as to reveal her sharp rows of teeth in their full glory.

9. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)
    Duration: Year and a Day

PRE

Tommy seemed reluctant to answer, so Daniel let the subject drop. He knew some changelings weren’t comfortable talking about themselves.

He stood silently for a little while, listening to the others with a contented calm. Cosima’s appearance strained that a little but after Morgan’s reaction, it seemed whatever had occurred them wasn’t going to rear its head here.

“Welcome to the group,” Daniel said with a slight tip of the head and a raise of his soda glass.

The thought of the elegant Dancer with the hyper Steepscrambler brought a grin. Though the fact that Tally declined made Daniel worry a bit that L'aire might take it personally.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

S
    Saeyer

She returned L'aire's grin and leaned back against the bar, out of their brief whispered conversation. The arrival of the wasp at the bar surprised her very little, and the ongoing quest for civility seemed intact; and not even too forced, from Morgan at least. As Juno gave Coco the greenlight to fill her flask, Ava spotted a young woman seated alone a little ways away, taking in the decorations. While it was tempting to remain at the bar, in a swirl of other people's conversation and energy, she wanted to at least offer a bit of that to someone else.

Grabbing a bottle of water, the Nix excused herself as L'aire and Morgan began to talk dancing. She passed by Coco on her way, just close enough to smell the Fairest's subtle mantle and send a toothy smile her way. "Good to see you, Coco." Her luminescent words, laced with the alcohol on her breath, swirled gold for a moment in her wake before fading, and she was off and away.

Ava heads to join Mhairi here

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

The Wasp's eyes trailed after Ava with a yearning bared by the alcohol which laced Coco's veins. Truthfully, it was the light that spilled from the Nix's lips, an ephemeral lure that pulled something primordial in the Wasp taught. Not that she would every admit it, though. She'd rather be thought of as lecherous than...insectoid.

But! Thankfully there was another that soon pulled her attention back to the gathering at the bar.

"No!" Coco trumpeted, turning abruptly on her heel to face the Manticore(ss). "We have not met! I am Cosima Tascioni, present Claviger of Spring." A hasty, though undeniably liquid bow was thrown towards Juno, before Coco added "though usually known as Coco," as she rose.

"And you say you're Juno? As in the progeny of Saturn, or the wilderness known as Alaska?" the Wasp asked, stepping forward to join Juno at the bar.
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

"A pleasure to meet you, Coco. As for my name, I...want to say that my parents took the classical route with the naming process. It is unusual, I will give them that much for creativity and going beyond Mary, or Jasmine, or whatever was popular when I was born. However, God forbid that Apple would have been a celebrity inspired name at that time. Or what is that Zappa kid's name? Dweezil?" The Manticoress paused, then, "I like your names, Cosima and Coco. Both of them have a certain elegance to them."

Juno's tailed curled in a Satisfied Feline Manner, then, "Spring Clavinger? Please, tell me! Is Violet still the Sovereign of our Court?" The curiosity of the feline race had stirred and was motivating the Queen Of The Most Elegant Quills into full inquiry mode.

Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 30

You do not have permission to view the list of names.