Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Winter Formal: The Bar

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan smiled and waved at L'Aire upon the woman's arrival. The smile grew wider when she noticed Lynn behind her, causing her to turn her head to show the smile to her motley mate. She did give a nervous giggle at Daniel's compliment to her Court. She should ask Ava what exactly Autumn's policy was with the Archives access now that the new Council existed. Though she didn't think that was the cause for Daniel's worried look. Maybe he didn't like Mountain Dew? When her drink arrived, Morgan raised the glass in greeting to Tally, "Hiya Tally. How ye been?" and then to Ava, "and happy seeing ye t-too Ava."

She took a sip of her drink, humming quizzically at the taste, "Meh, n-never got why f-folks get so excited after drinking r-r-r-red bull. 'Dew tastes b-better." She grimaced at the drink but still thanked the bartender. There was no sign the drink was about to make Morgan achieve lift off. Yet.

She cocked her head when she realized something, "Oh heh-heh, ye hath a dialogue ah-about Edna's, yes? T-t-tis a nice place. Ye can b-b-barter if ye lack funds for rent. Ah-ah-and the kitchen pantry tis stocked r-r-right now, that I know, heh," she felt proud of that little contribution, "Ano-and," she looked at Daniel, "The fair twas nice, and the heh-Hollow has other uses, bu~ut there tis...uh? Security? Kinda." Morgan wasn't sure how to label the Sprites helped with security. "That tis it is nay open to unsworn ah-and, Ava please-correct-if-erroneous, ye require Autumn's permit to enter. Um," she sagged her head and sipped her drink, "Lest ye be a sworn-in Autumn. T-then permission form Autumn would be re-re-re-redundant."

A
    AwakeOrangutang

Charles lifted his glass as well to Ava's half-toast and downed the rest of its contents. However, he merely nodded at the Gravewight who'd just came to the table.

"A nice gesture, but I'm fine. Trust me about this, you'll be grateful for not shaking my hand."

And then several other people meandered over to the drinking table. First was another Beast with a bandit mask over her eyes and- oh good lord, that voice. Did she just say 'do ye hath'? Between her interesting lexicon and stuttering, he had to make sure to listen carefully just to decipher what she said. And with the drink she had just ordered... none of this sounded like a good combination. Next was an absolutely gorgeous women who didn't seem to have suffered much in Arcadia. Granted, appearance was only one thing as they could do crazy things to your head, but at least she came out looking better than before. And rounding it all out the current group was another lady who seemed very attached to a bag at her side.

He mainly just sat there and listening to what the others said without contributing much. Unlike the people he'd gathered with first here, all these Changelings seemed to know each other and were veterans of the Freehold. Yet given the current sampling, the only Summers he'd seen was another women who'd recently came here. He'd have to wait and see, but it made him question the strength of his Court here.

Everyone seemed to be talking amongst themselves and, much more worryingly, the raccoon-looking one was starting to partake of her concoction. Considering his glass was empty and he still had some very crucial business to tend to, he figured this would be a good time to take his leave.

"Well, a pleasure meeting you guys. I enjoyed the company and whatnot, but I'm afraid there's something I really must take care of. I suppose if I don't see you again today, I'll see you around the Freehold."

Charles leaves to the main thread to make his pledge

S
    Sasha

A breathy giggle to Lynn’s quip and a nod to Daniel’s grin. Tally seemed never changing, but Morgan would always keep her guessing. It was a small comfort that some people remained the way they were and at least within the Freehold.

Her eyes followed Charles sudden leave. The Fairest expected that he went to speak to Katrin since he was new. She sighed slightly.

“Uh, okay. I came over to meet some new people.” Nodding at Charles who just took off and then to the other guy who was still standing there. “I think someone else is avoiding me, but that’s okay.” The Fairest shrugged but didn’t look to where Nathan Griffin s was so as not to lead Ava to the person she was referring to.

D
    DisgruntledOne

((Whoops.))

D
    DisgruntledOne

The idea of renting a room made Tommy uncomfortable. He didn't like staying in one place for long. "Eventually, maybe. Once I've got myself settled." He grinned at the mention of a Fair. "I like fairs. They're always fun. I'll have to visit at least, for sure."

S
    Saeyer

Ava raised a couple of fingers on the hand holding her glass, wiggling them in a small wave as Charles went off to swear his oath. Angling her ear back toward L'aire, the Nix couldn't help a cursory scan of the room in response to the idea of someone avoiding the Dancer. No one seemed to be holding out completely on their own, or acting odd and avoid-y from what she could tell, but she also imagined L'aire would know best if someone's behavior toward her was odd. "Sorry to hear," she said sympathetically, though her voice almost immediately took on a cheerful toughness as she went on: "Screw them, though. There are plenty of new folks to get to know, and better company to to be found." Where the last comment would've usually been delivered with a wink and a teasing 'obviously I mean me' nudge, Ava just let it rest. Sure, this person could've had a good reason to avoid the Emissary, but it was a little hard to imagine.

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Hedgespun Wolf Whistle ••
    Fast Reflexes •

Health: [][][][][][][][]
    Clarity: •••••••
    Willpower: ••••••
    Glamour: 9/10

Beast Blessing:

8a when Animal Ken skill and spend Glamour to a die to dice pools involving Pre and Com.

Curse:

Suffer -4 to untrained Mental skills. No 10-again with Intelligence pools

Kith Blessing:

Tooth and Claw: Causes Lethal Damage instead of Bashing when fighting unarmed.

Freehold Commendation Benefits:

+ 1 to Clarity degeneration roll and + 1 to Brawl

PRE

"I've been doing well." Tally replies to Morgan's inquiry. She watches as Charles gets up and leaves.

"See you later." She says in farewell before he leaves earshot.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)
    Duration: Year and a Day

PRE

Daniel watched Charles leave with a small bit of sorrow. He understood how some Changelings didn't like to be touched but it was just as bad to see one who thought no would want to touch them. But before the Gravewight could say he didn't mind, the Summer had left to make his pledge.

"Thanks, Tally. You too. Your necklace is really nice," he replied to the Hunterheart "I feel a bit like I'm being choked to death by neckware," he added warmly.

When L'aire and Ava moved a little away and started whispering, he had to resist the urge to eavesdrop.

"So Tommy, what do you do?" he asked with mild curiosity. Then again, maybe since he was still settling he hadn't found a job yet. Of course the question could be broader than that. Daniel did a whole lot more than just his job when it came to the Freehold.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

Juno, having finished her pledging business, noticed that the other members of her conversational group had dispersed to the bar. Her objective met, the Manticoress underwent a mental debate as to whether or not she wanted a drink - that sort of thing had led to a lot of problems in the past - or simply make her goodbyes for the evening. It would be far more classy to do so than just making a bounce and an Irish wave from the gathering.

Being careful to not turn her back to the Winter Sovereign as she retreated from the royal presence, Juno walked over to the bar, smiling slightly to the others, then, "Well, I am in the black for the season insofar as being up to date on my Freehold pledge. May I join you?"

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

It seems folks were perfectly friendly at the bar, that was good. Though it looked like some were looking for more privacy. Morgan shrugged and responded to Tally, "G-glad to heh-hear it. I t-t-trust the...Emporium tis going well?" Yeah, Tally worked there didn't she?

And Juno had...returned? She must have been here earlier or something. The raccoon waved hello over her shoulder to the chimera,
    "Cool with me Juno. Plenty of room at-at the bar for more of the club, heh-heh." She took another sip of the brownish drink. Green and red didn't have a good color result after mixing.

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 30

You do not have permission to view the list of names.