Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Winter Formal: The Bar

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    A
    AwakeOrangutang

The Elemental gave Tommy an odd look as he proudly announced that he enjoyed living on the streets. Perhaps that being a Beast had changed him more than he thought, because announcing you preferred being a vagabond certainly said a lot about the fellow. None of it which sounded particularly savory.

"A generous offer, but I have a small place I've already chosen out. It's small but I can call it my own." While his traveling here was only slightly above doing it on a whim, he had made at least one plan beforehand. He had a job before moving and had allocated some of his funds to actually buying a place here so he didn't have to live out of his care. Cozy didn't even begin to describe it, but that was working out so far because he had no furniture and made due with a sleeping bag for a bed. After all, he hadn't wanted to exactly advertise he was leaving so a Uhaul was out of the question and his little Prius didn't have much space in it for amenities.

"A good guess, but I'm from a little more south. I used to live in the lone star state. Houston, to be exact. Outside of my time in Arcadia, I believe this will actually be my first time not to live in Texas."

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

The bar was pretty crowded. While he knew both Tally and Ava, there were still some new faces. One looked like a man who had drowned. the other had a fang-toothed grin that was unnaturally large and more than a little disturbing. First things first though. He got a glass of dark sugar water before anyone could offer to buy him a drink.

"Hello again Tally; Ava," he said to the two he knew "And hello to the both of you," he added for the strangers "I don't think I've seen you around but I just got back from a trip. So sorry if this is late but welcome to the Freehold. I'm Daniel." He extends his hand only if they're willing to initiate.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

D
    DisgruntledOne

Tommy made a mental note of the places Ava mentioned. "Thanks for the tip. That, ahh, that address would be good, just in case."

Tommy nodded. "I was just a kid when I left. There's a lot that's changed. It's good to be home, though. I missed it." Most of all, he missed his mother. He wanted to look for her, but he was afraid of what he might find; he didn't know if she was even alive, much less still in the city.

Tommy ignored the odd look Charles gave him, but smiled at Daniel. “Hi! I'm Tommy. Thanks for the welcome.” He took Daniel's hand and gave it a friendly shake, then pulled back so Charles could do the same.

S
    Saeyer

"Oh, good," Ava said, a touch of surprise in her lovely voice at Charles' response. It seemed the norm, in her experience, for newcomers to rely on the Freehold to find housing; something which she had done herself. And why not, in a new city they ostensibly knew little about, seek help from the one place pretty much sworn to give it? But, it was nice to see he'd gotten things together for himself. "Here's to settling in to new states and new climes, then." Raising her glass slightly in an almost-toast, it was really just another excuse to take a drink.

Grabbing a pen and a bar napkin, she jotted down the address for Edna's and handed it to Tommy before she had time for forget. "Here. And, plenty of time now to explore the city again, yeah? I bet at least a couple of places haven't changed." The Nix had no doubt there would be plenty of people willing to explore Sacramento with him, but refrained from offering herself lest it sound like she was hitting on him.

Daniel's reappearance brought a little extra warmth to her smile as she raised a hand in silent greeting, turning back to the bar as he introduced himself to grab herself a fresh drink. She didn't want to monopolize the new faces, and she was quite comfortable where she was. "We were just discussing Edna's," she said to the Gravewight in a lull between introductions. "We haven't talked about anywhere else yet, though." It was an invitation to extrapolate, but if he had other plans she was happy to pick up the slack.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan trailed after Daniel up to the bar, her head turning back constantly to ensure Lynn was following. She also wracked her brain to think of the few non-alcoholic mixes she knew. Cherry juice worked with...lots of things if she recalled. Or: "Heh-heh, bar dood? Do ye hath Red-bull and Mountain Dew? If yay, please to mix them." Those familiar with Morgan might be wary of her having an energy drink. "T-t-that sssounds good...oh," she grins as she beings to wave hello to Ava, "Hiya Ava! A~and helo," the grin turns lopsided as spots the new arrivals.

Morgan flounders, tilting her head like the animal she resembles, she uses her left index claw to scratch the left side of her head, "Eh-heh-heh, hello good-day-night to-to f-folks I don't ken yet, heh. Imma Morgan." She then waves hello once more.

S
    Sasha

L’aire was not the type to voluntarily meander to the bar, but considering Nathan Griffin hadn’t seen her look his direction she may as well find preferred company. Besides, there were new people to meet that congregated by the spirits.

With her dress picked up slightly, she stopped next to Ava Campbell . A faint whisper “hi” to the Nix since she hadn’t yet greeted her yet. The Dancer didn’t want to interrupt a soul. Nodding to the bartender she picked out a bottle of water.

Her violets curious to the new people, they studied Tommy Bauer and Charles Goldwat er in the delicate manner she usually does.

Lynn Mills

Queen of the Verdant Court
    Darkling Nightsinger/Minstrel
    Presence - 2 Mantle (Spring) - 3 Wyrd - 3

FAME
    PRE

Lynn came up behind Morgan, leaning over and asking the bartender for a virgin margarita. She turned to the group of people and waved cheerfully with one hand. "Hello there. And again, for the people I met before."

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

"Good to meet ya,"Daniel says, matching the strength of his grip.

He nodded when the Nix mentioned Edna's.

"Cool. You looking to rent or a room? I mean, even if you aren't, it's still a nice place. Fall's still a ways away but if you get the chance you should see the Hollow during their events. Got a killer knife there one time, when they held a Fair." He smiled a little in Ava and Morgan's directions. He wasn't Autumn him self but the people the Leaden mirror definitely made it worth plugging. Though when he saw the drink one of the Beasts was ordering a slight expression of concern briefly crossed his face.

L'aire's arrival distracted him a little and smiled at her in greeting.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Hedgespun Wolf Whistle ••
    Fast Reflexes •

Health: [][][][][][][][]
    Clarity: •••••••
    Willpower: ••••••
    Glamour: 9/10

Beast Blessing:

8a when Animal Ken skill and spend Glamour to a die to dice pools involving Pre and Com.

Curse:

Suffer -4 to untrained Mental skills. No 10-again with Intelligence pools

Kith Blessing:

Tooth and Claw: Causes Lethal Damage instead of Bashing when fighting unarmed.

Freehold Commendation Benefits:

+ 1 to Clarity degeneration roll and + 1 to Brawl

PRE

Tally watches as Pep leaves and Daniel joins them, she greets the Darkling, "Hey Daniel. You're looking well."

"Hey Morgan." She greets her as she arrives and puts in an order with the bar as she sips her own drink.

"Hi." She returns the soft greeting L'aire gives them. She nods a greeting at Lynn, mentally musing, Quite a group we got here.

"It's always a good idea to have a place to call your own. Even if all you use it for is to sleep." She adds her two cents.

S
    Saeyer

The idea of Mountain Dew and Red-Bull mixed together made the Nix wince a little with her eyes, glancing toward Morgan as she made the order. Her fellow Autumn had unique tastes, to be sure. "Hey, Morgan, good to see you," she said with an answering grin, all evidence of the wince gone. Daniel's mention of the Fallen Faire garnered a small raise of her glass.

She was more surprised when L'aire came to join them, but pleasantly so. As lovely as the Fairest looked, after speaking to her a handful of times it struck Ava that this sort of event might have lost a little of its charm with Terri off doing her own thing again, and Rick nowhere to be seen. There had clearly been no shortage of people for L'aire to talk to, but it wasn't the same. The gentle buzz from her drinks making her smile a little warmer and her personal boundaries a little lower, Ava reached out briefly to squeeze one of the Dancer's hands. "Hey, how's it going?" Despite her lowered volume the Scrivener's honeyed voice still carried a little, hard to ignore.

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 30

You do not have permission to view the list of names.