Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Winter Formal: The Bar

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    D
    DisgruntledOne

Tommy wandered up to the bar as another one of the freshly-pledged made her introductions to the others gathered there. Tommy decided to keep things simple to start. He smiled, dark eyes twinkling, and waved at everyone present. "Nice to meet you, Daisy. Sly. I'm Tommy. I'm new in town, too."

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Hedgespun Wolf Whistle ••
    Fast Reflexes •

Health: [][][][][][][][]
    Clarity: •••••••
    Willpower: ••••••
    Glamour: 9/10

Beast Blessing:

8a when Animal Ken skill and spend Glamour to a die to dice pools involving Pre and Com.

Curse:

Suffer -4 to untrained Mental skills. No 10-again with Intelligence pools

Kith Blessing:

Tooth and Claw: Causes Lethal Damage instead of Bashing when fighting unarmed.

Freehold Commendation Benefits:

+ 1 to Clarity degeneration roll and + 1 to Brawl

PRE

"I believe I prefer to be unaffiliated." Tally muses after giving it some thought as two people approach, introducing themselves. She nods towards them, although giving Sly a look over before introducing herself.

"Tally, Courtless." She tells them. "I hope you've all had no trouble finding any suitable lodging."

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Striking Looks ●● (Delicate)
    Fame ● (Culture - Art World)
    Mantle (Spring) ● The scent of plum blossoms swirl around her, as their petals fall in her wake. Language - Mandarin.
    Mask

A slim and petite women, of seemingly fragile beauty. With hair as black as a raven wing, kept long, either loose around her shoulders, or pulled back into a bun. She has a fair complexion, with delicate features.
    Mien

This Porcelain fawn, Manikin is material, Beast in shape. Artist in reality. comprised a fine white china. Her hair, still long is glazed in jade. Dainty china antler-horns poke out from her hair. Unguligrades legs she crafted for herself, now support dainty deer hoofed feet. Her eyes are large, pupiless, and the entirety of the eye black as pitch. She's lean, her limbs are long, her fingers spindly, but carry a certainty and deftness when plying her craft.

"Hello Tally." Daisy greats with a smile, "I have found a small apartment that suits my needs. Thank you for asking." Sly headbutts the artist and whispers something in her ear. "Ah. It appears that there's someone else who Desires meet me. I knew the best time to come to town would be for a party." she finishes with a laugh, and a wave before setting down both glasses on a nearby table, certain that they would be cleared by the staff, moving toward the mountain of a man.

Daisy leave the congested bar, and returns to the main thread to meet/speak to Malcolm Green

S
    Saeyer

Ava shot Peps a sidelong look, not quite caring about the Fairest enough let to feel any sting from her words; she had clearly come in with notions of what the Freehold should be, what did it matter to the Nix if those expectations were met. It was what it was, and if she didn't like it, then she should work to change it.

The first of the newcomers, a man who looked decidedly greasy and corpse-like, pulled her thoughts away from the cranky Fairest. Not an unfamiliar look to the Scrivener, pale and hungry as she was. His nod was answered with a small toast of her almost empty glass.

A woman joined them, one whose Fae lineage she had a little trouble pinning down, but it seemed Peps was not the only one around made of fine ceramic. "Nice to meet you, Daisy," she answered with a friendly smile. The cat, though, Ava wasn't sure about. She held no particular fear of them, having never had a real reason to, but there was the off-chance a Hedgebeast would view her, a fish, as food. "You too, Sly."

And then Daisy was gone, blowing away to another conversation. But, there were a lot of people to meet, so Ava simply raised a hand to wave as she left. The same wave came to greet Tommy Bauer . "I'm Ava, welcome to Sacramento." Her thin fish teeth were revealed in a grin, the golden luminescence of her voice hanging on the still air for a moment before fading slowly. "I hope the trip here was smooth?" she asked, the inflection of her voice turning the statement into an invitation for story. Her eyes slipped past him for a moment to try and catch Charles Goldwat 's in a silent invitation to join them, if he would like.

A
    AwakeOrangutang

The Blightbent wasn't the only one with an eye out for the alcohol, though this was hardly a surprise. No sooner had soiled the random glass of liquor with his touch than he was joined by a couple more Changelings. First off was an overly amiable girl who looked like what happened when you crossed a satyr with your collection of fine china. And proving that this place accepted all types, she also had a cat that might've been mistaken for something other from a Hedge Beast if not for a couple things, namely that its coat was trying its damnedest to suck all the light out of the room. It had its work cut out for it. Second was another guy with hound's nose and the Cheshire Cat's smile. The girl, who introduced herself as Daisy and the cat as Sly, was gone soon after she came, though, leaving the table with merely plus two. He couldn't say he was unhappy with this, he was a reborn pessimist and her bubbliness was kryptonite to his jaded outlook on life.

He must've exuded 'new to Sacramento' because he was barely there for a few seconds before a Beast who'd been sitting there before him wished him well with his accommodations and another asked how his trip was. Or maybe it was his lack of oath and lack of previous presence. Those tended to be large tip-off signs. While the questioning statement hadn't been issued directly to him, Charles felt he was somewhat included in the gesture. At least he hoped that was what snaggletooth was trying to convey to him, he wasn't that good at reading faces. Eh, he'd answer it regardless.

"Nearly 2,000 miles and a more than a day spent on the road listening to the mockery of guitar chords and party anthems that passes for today's country music. But it beats traveling by Hedge, even with all the money I had to shell out for gas." He took a sip of his mystery drink before continuing. "It might be a bit of a culture shock, I'd forgotten that other Freeholds actually follow the correct cycle of seasons. But I'd say smooth is an adequate word for my trip. Charles Goldwater, by the way, and a pleasure to meet you all."

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He kept drinking in silence as more people came over to the bar. He took small, slow sips while staring into nothing, ignoring everyone else for the most part. Suddenly it was getting to crowded for his taste. He almost let out a sigh of relief when the queen appeared, giving him an excuse to turn tail.

"Excuse me," he set down his can on the counter and rose to meet the Winter sovereign. "Gotta pay my respects."

Nathan leaves to take his pledge.

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Hedgespun Wolf Whistle ••
    Fast Reflexes •

Health: [][][][][][][][]
    Clarity: •••••••
    Willpower: ••••••
    Glamour: 9/10

Beast Blessing:

8a when Animal Ken skill and spend Glamour to a die to dice pools involving Pre and Com.

Curse:

Suffer -4 to untrained Mental skills. No 10-again with Intelligence pools

Kith Blessing:

Tooth and Claw: Causes Lethal Damage instead of Bashing when fighting unarmed.

Freehold Commendation Benefits:

+ 1 to Clarity degeneration roll and + 1 to Brawl

PRE

Tally nods as Nathan walks away to pay his respects. "Really? Well, to be honest, I haven't traveled much beyond coming to Sacramento which was, wow, four years ago, when I left the town where I was born, taken from, and returned to." She muses.

M
    Mavspade

Pep's nodded to the new comers and silently listened. She was particularly curious and focused upon Charles, examining his moist hair and odd features. Mainly seeming to size him up.After a minute however she glanced to the winter queen.

"excuse me"

Peps steps away from the bar to head towards the winter queen.

Pep's leaves this scene

D
    DisgruntledOne

Tommy thought for a moment on Tally's discussion of lodging. “I haven't found a place yet, but that's okay. It's pretty warm around here, even in winter, and I'd rather sleep outdoors anyway. I've been comfortable.”

Tiernan returned Ava's grin with his own, an ear-to-ear mouthful of canid teeth. It wasn't menacing, for all that--more a playful thing, like what one might expect from an excited puppy. “I don't know about smooth, but it was fun. I used to live here a long time ago, when I was a kid. It's kind of crazy, being back like this. Good crazy, not bad crazy.”

S
    Saeyer

Another Summer with attitude; their parties were going to be fun. It would keep the 'Hold interesting, at least, if there was any danger in it being otherwise. With no particular fondness for Country music to defend, Ava refrained from pointing out that he probably could've changed the station. "Good to meet you, Charles. If either of you are interested, Edna's Boarding House is a safe place to stay," she offered after Tommy revealed he was sleeping rough. "Ms. Jasons is good for striking bargains that don't always require money. Tally or I can give you the address, if you'd like." Despite his claim to enjoy sleeping outside, sometimes a safe place with four walls and a roof was hard to beat.

"Welcome back, then," she amended amicably to Tommy after the revelation that he had lived in Sacramento before. "The city must be pretty different."

It was good to have a solid number of years from Tally; she'd always been curious, just knowing the Hunterheart had been around well before her. The Courtless Beast had been present for a lot of change in the Freehold.

"2,000 miles, you're coming to us from the... Midwest?" the Nix asked Charles. The more she looked at him, the more relieved she was he hadn't offered to shake hands; it would've been hard not to wipe her palm afterward, from the look of things.

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 30

You do not have permission to view the list of names.