1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Moving To The Beat

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

(Moving To The Beat)Exclamation Spent

Not every concert gets a massive crowd of people, all dancing and waving lighters and bras at the band. Some of them get a small number of people, most of which don't know anything about the band - they're just there because of the thrill of being at an 'underground' concert, being one of the first to 'discover' what could be the next Big Thing. This had been that kind of concert. The music had been mediocre, the turnout small, but Graves hadn't shown up for the music anyway. She'd shown up because places like this, it was easy to hunt, easy to catch someone as they were leaving and turned into a dark alley.

Now, the woman was among the remaining crowd, drifting about, largely ignoring any attention she got so far. Graves had dressed in a way that screamed "I don't care how I look", whether or not the statement was true. A studded leather jacket, like something they might have worn in the 80s (and judging by its state, it might have been around back then), over an equally old hoodie, who's colors were dirt-brown and grey now. The original color, no one could say. Completing the outfit was a pair of work-ripped jeans, and worn-in sneakers.

-1 Vitae for Blush of Life
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

M
    Matrixchild

Brittany was fired up! She loved concerts. The music. The dancing. The lights. She loved it all. The music wasn't that great but Brittany really didn't care. She just loved being out around people dancing and enjoying herself. Who cares that someone tried to grope her and ended up with missing teeth courtesy of your friendly neighborhood feminist. The crowd sounded like they enjoyed it too and it was certainly fun for her. She did apologize as they dragged him away. He probably didn't hear it though, being unconscious and all. She was only mildly sorry anyway. It was his own fault, everyone else said so.

As she stepped out of the main room she yelled, "that was awesome!" She then paused and made a face, "well the music sucked...and there weren't enough people but dammit am I excited!" She finished her last statement with a big, happy smile. It was clear she wasn't talking to anyone in particular and most likely looked like she was absolutely insane. In the end all she was really doing was drawing attention to herself. Not that she minded, she was just more focused on how much fun she had to worry about how she appeared to others.

-1 Vitae for Blush of Life

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Graves was moving through the crowd as it exited, trying to pick out someone who looked easy to follow and easy to Dominate, when the voice cut through. At first, she wasn't sure why she heard that voice, in particular - it was like when someone says your name. No matter what happens, it gets to your ears. All she knew was that, in an instant, it raised an almost overpowering desire to kill a lesser being, who was in her territory, in her herd, trying to poach her prey.

And a second later, she swallowed down the sudden rage, recognizing it as the incoherent screams of the Beast. Not that it was entirely something she should refuse. Even if she wasn't going to kill the cousin, she was sure as hell going to pop in and say hi.

Graves shoved her hands into her pockets, fixed a cocky half-smile on her face, and stepped and spun to place herself right in front of Brittany. "Hey there, why you so fired up, huh? That show was shit. Barely got my foot tapping and my head bobbing, and I was trying to lose control."
    Aspect of the Predator

M
    Matrixchild

Brittany was barely paying attention to where she was walking when, wouldn't you know it, a surprise kindred showed up. Within herself she was amused and happy to see a Kindred since she always liked meeting new people. Her Rage on the other hand wanted to go all Happy Gilmore on her, pulling the woman's jacket over her head and then beating her to death just so she could watch her vitae pool on the ground. Sometimes she wondered if her Rage wasn't actually the spirit of Johnny Cash living inside of her. She restrained her Rage for now, focusing on her personal feelings, though both feelings brought a smile to Brittany's face as she looked to the woman.

Then the woman's words sank in. "Man it really was shit wasn't it? I think, like, all the drunk people dancing got me more into it than if I was, like, listening to it alone in my car. Maybe I should have gone to a club or something?" she said, putting her finger to her lip and looking up thoughtfully. Then she shook her head and waved her hand as if pushing the thought aside and said, "Eh whatever, too late now. Anyway, what brings you to the show? I just came cause it was cheap and thought they'd be at least a little good."

Then she bopped her own head, "Duh, sorry. I'm Brittany by the way."

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

The Ventrue stopped moving, but her hands stayed in her pockets. All the better to hide the fact that they were still clenched into fists - just because she was holding back the Beast didn't mean it wanted to kill Brittany any less. She kept that cocky smile fixed on her face, though.

"My friends call me Graves. My enemies call me Graves, among, you know, other things. Come to think of it, everyone calls me Graves. So I guess you should too." Graves let out a chuckle. "Technically, my name's Karen, but that makes me sound like a housewife, so, no. I came here because...well, I thought it'd be better. Get more people. Then I could pick someone to go home with, you know?"

Here was the trick, build a rapport. First kindred in a new town. Maybe she could get Graves introductions to other kindred, then she wouldn't have to keep starving because she wasn't sure she could feed legally.
    Aspect of the Predator

M
    Matrixchild

Her friendly smile remained as she listened to the woman's introduction. "Graves it is then. But since I guess I know your full name now, even if you don't want anyone, like, using it, I should probably say mine, right? Formality sake and all that jazz. So yeah, mine's 'Brittany Hastings'," she said, pulling her hands apart from the center like she was displaying her name on a marquee. "Anyway, I will certainly say you definitely don't look like a housewife, and I totally mean that as a compliment. You got this whole like dangerous look that's like, so totally cool. I bet you'd have plenty of luck with some of these drunk guys, am I right?" she said with a snort and a laugh.

"So like, are you new? I'm pretty new to town myself. Got here like...a month ago or so?"

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Oh, great. Graves hadn't been sure before, but now, she was. This one was an airhead. But the Carthian kept right on smiling, and just tightened her fists a bit more. No bashing in faces here. Especially not as an outsider to the Domain. "Thanks, I guess...whatever. Anyway. I don't need luck. Got my gifts!" And the way she talked, it was clear she was referring to more than just what nature gave her.

"Pretty new, yeah, sure. Just got here a couple days ago, figured I'd come down and unwind for a bit before I started looking for, you know, club members."
    Aspect of the Predator

M
    Matrixchild

And which of our kind's many powers would that be, she thought to herself. It was clear the woman wasn't a Haunt, but if Brittany's appearance said anything it spoke that looks could be deceiving, so she didn't overly speculate about which family Graves belonged to. She held her friendly smile and said, "a girl's gotta have gifts."

At Graves' next statement Brittany continued, "Okay cool. I should probably get something to eat soon too. The music may have sucked but I did a ton of dancing and like, this dude was all over me, so I had to knock him out. Definitely got a work out," she said with a laugh. "Anyway," she continued, quickly moving past her last statement as if she didn't think it was that big of a deal, "you're in a club? Which one?" she said with a broad smile. She had to ask. You never knew who you were talking to and she wanted to be able to gauge the woman through her involvement.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Graves let out a grunt at the news Brittany had apparently laid out some fool. Half of her thought she might have misjudged the airhead. The other half was just busy reminding her this was still a vampire - by human standards, she'd be scary in a fight. Hell, by Kindred standards she might still be scary in a fight. You never know.

The Ventrue struck a pose, throwing up the horns with both hands. "I'm with the Movement. Fight the powah! Been with them for a year, it's great. Just like being by yourself, 'cept now you get to call on all the resources of a club. Real helpful. They got friends everywhere."
    Aspect of the Predator

M
    Matrixchild

Brittany nodded her head in approval, "Cool cool. I'm not in a club myself, always felt they had too many rules, but I've definitely looked into that one. I think I heard something like Konrad was with them," at least that what she thought she'd read in Elysium.

Brittany gave a short chuckle and added, "I should have guessed though. You got this whole rebellious thing going on which is, like, totally cool. I mean, it's cool you found a group that works with you. I was talking to someone the other day about that, about how you gotta find the group you fit in with and stuff, so like, congrats, cause that's cool." She was a little envious, but at the same time Brittany hadn't been looking for a covenant to connect with. Her focus had been on family and a desire to protect the domain. She'd rather become deputy than join a covenant at the moment.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread