Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1512) Cordoba and Braggs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    J
    Juan Cordoba

Heading off away from the group, the Priscus of Daeva awaited his wayward Cousin to follow.

D
    DisgruntledOne

When Tiernan caught up to Cordoba he kept his posture submissive, eyes to the ground. “Before ye say anythin', sir, I'd like to apologize. That kind o' behavior's downright savage, I ought to know better. I do know better.” He shuffled his feet and rubbed the back of his neck. “Been on me own too long, I guess. Not used to this large a crowd. Even so, that's no excuse. I'll not let it 'appen again.”

J
    Juan Cordoba

Cordoba's eyes locked upon the Irishman's as he apologized to him. He remained silent for a long moment after Braggs had finished. "First of all, do not make promises you cannot keep." He paused then adding, "I have seen others do the same, forget making said statement, then make a misstep months later."

Suppressed thoughts and memories resurfaced to the forefront. Tiernan had not sassed him like Daniel did. Yet, he could some traits similar to Marco Fernandez and even Gerald Baker. Experience had taught him much. His features relaxed slowly.

Looking back to Brittany for a moment, "Once we are done here you will apologize and state to Miss Hastings in front of both myself and Whip Antinori that you owe her a Minor Boon as an apology. Is that understood?"

D
    DisgruntledOne

Tiernan grimaced. Much as he disliked the Priscus' point, it was a valid one. “I'll not promise, then, but I'll make the attempt regardless. I know tonight speaks against me, but I'm not the sort what enjoys pointless conflict. I'll fight sometimes, sure enough, but only if there's a reason.”

Tiernan nodded his acknowledgement. “Aye, sir. I'm more'n willing to do tha'.”

J
    Juan Cordoba

Juan nodded once. "As you and I are here at this moment, I will Acknowledge you into the Domain. You will be afforded the privileges of the His Grace's benevolence and you will obey his laws. Additionally, once you are Acknowledged, your debt to Miss Hastings will become official."

Cordoba paused seeing the man's reaction. "Before we begin, do you have any questions or concerns?"

D
    DisgruntledOne

A wash of relief flood over Tiernan, albeit one tempered with remorse. He didn't bother to hide his feelings; at this point, he felt it far wiser to be honest than to appear as if he had something to hide. “I'll be sure an' read the laws over real careful, sir.”

Carefully and slowly was the only way Tiernan could read, in truth. He had not had the opportunity to pick up the skill until after his arrival in America. While he certainly enjoyed a good story, understanding of the written word did not come easily to him.

“The, ahh... the Prince pointed out the Seneschal an' the other Prisci, so I got no questions there.” He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. “Any landmines I'd best be avoidin', aside from the obvious?”

J
    Juan Cordoba

"I'm given the authority by Prince Clarke to grant feeding rights as well as Tenancy to members of Clan Daeva."

"So, The Laws. I'm sure you're aware of the Three Traditions. Protect the Masquerade, take responsibility for any Childe you might have, and don't commit the Amaranth. That goes for thralls and servants too. If they mess up it's on you."

"Don't sire a Childe in the Domain without the Prince's permission either."

"You'll be asked to attend Court gatherings in this Elysium. They're held every month, but every few months there's a formal Court. You're always to behave respectfully. If you fail to attend Formal Court you will lose your Acknowledgment. You are expected to take part in any Blood Hunts issued by the Prince or his Seneschal. As for everyone else you're not allowed to violate another's Haven or deliver Final Death if they are in good standing. We uphold the right of Monomacy, a duel to the death."

"Lastly, you're forbidden to feed on any Kine officials, such as cops, firefighters, and EMTs, and whatnot. It attracts too much unwanted attention. Failure to follow these Laws will not be tolerated."

Cordoba's brows knitted together at the mention of landmines. "As for landmines, those can be avoided by simply not being an idiot. You'd be surprised as to how many Kindred cannot abide by such a simple concept."

D
    DisgruntledOne

((Bloody hell, I thought I'd switched accounts. Must have switched back by mistake. I'll get the hang of this yet...))

D
    DisgruntledOne

A fair bit to remember, but most of it sensible. Tiernan nodded his understanding. “Well, the problem with not bein' an idiot is, different people 'ave different ideas of idiocy. All depends on how ye were raised, I suppose. Me, I got a bad start, but I've picked up a few things 'ere an' there over the years.”

“Tha', err, tha' Monomacy thing? Not the most appealing prospect, if ye ask me. Not a common thing, is it?” Tiernan could handle himself decently if the duel were armed, but it might be best to brush up on his hand-to-hand combat skills just in case. He wasn't planning to duel anyone, but he wasn't fond of the concept of Final Death either.

J
    Juan Cordoba

A slow nod followed in regard to Tiernan's inquiry. "Unfortunately, this year has been particularly violent; three in total." Looking at the Daeva's face across from him, in his mind's eyes, the ghost of Marco Fernandez seemed to be hovering over Braggs's shoulder. Juan could see his Hispanic Cousin clearly, albeit ethereal and translucent.

"As Priscus, the Clan's well-being falls to me." Then adding, "However, there is only so much protection I can provide." That boundary had to be made clear.

"The easiest way for you not to be challenged to a duel to the death is to avoid actively agitating other Kindred exemplified by your earlier transgression," a hand waved toward the gathering of Gangrel.

"If you find yourself becoming a target, talk to myself or the Clan Whip, Vivian York. The more you keep us in the loop, the better your odds are."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.