Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Dark Wings) La Mort des Artistes

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Les Temoins du Sud find the Gutenberg gallery sitting stoically in the afternoon sun as their vehicle comes to a halt. The grey light of the cloud shrouded day almost seemed to wash away the vibrant color of the building's brick walls, and stealing the glamour from the pieces proudly displayed in the galleries large display windows. Indeed, though the business had not closed, its vitality had wilted. It's essence had been leached away. Yet whether this was due to tragedy, or the effects of the Abyss, it remained to be seen...

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Equipment: Crystal, Magical Tool, First-Aid Kit, Smartphone

Combined Grim Sight + Speak w/Dead, 3suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-12-19 14:51:22 Truce rolls 8 to cast combined rote Grim Sight + Speak w/Dead [WIT+Occ+Death+HS-2] (10 Again) 2, 5, 2, 10, 8, 9, 1, 2, 5 3 successes
    Truce brings up his Sight to gaze upon the familiar structure, knowing full well that there are ephemeral structures within of a strange design. He still isn't sure if what he saw has anything to do with the Abyss's artistic inspirations, but he will not rule it out. He wears a serious expression as he waits for the others to exit the vehicle, that he might lock it.

He then heads to the entrance to see if the gallery is open.

The gallery's door had not been closed upon its patrons that day, no matter that tragedy had befallen those that had filled it's walls and displays with the legacies of their minds. Indeed, Johann's assistant could be glimpsed sitting behind the gallery's business desk, reviewing information on a blue glaring computer screen, no doubt ready to attend anyone who stepped into the showroom...

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley waited until the very last minute to make his move. He'd been simply staring at the building, washed and wan in the weak light. His mouth formed a line. With reluctance, he hummed Words of Power while he opened his eyes to the weave of Fate, figuring he needed the connections between things rather than the ability to watch their Forms ablate away in Time. Once the touch of the subtle Arcana had caused him nausea and confusion, but no more - he easily reached out with his Will and the Supernal responded.

Date Action Roll Result
    2015-12-19 22:33:24 Crowley to cast Sybils Sight rolls 7 to GNO + Fate + HS (10 Again) 4, 7, 1, 9, 3, 1, 4 1 success

Hunching into his leather coat, he swung out of the vehicle and followed his Moros cabal mate.

"So. Whats the plan?"

Equipment: Smart Phone

6. Likes Cayce liked this post

Equipment: Bow and Arrows stored in Car, Magical Tool, Smart Phone, Throwing Knife (1), Battered notebook and pencil, leash.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-12-21 06:03:55 Life armour on Puppy (Cloaked, -2 mana, additional for duration) rolls 8 to Life + Gno + HS (10 Again) 6, 5, 2, 2, 9, 9, 8, 6 3 successes
    2015-12-21 05:49:24 Life Sight (Cloaked, -1 mana) rolls 6 to Life + Gno + HS - 2 advanced duration (10 Again) 1, 7, 10, 7, 3, 7, 9 2 successes
    2015-12-21 05:48:32 Life armour (Cloaked, -1 mana) rolls 5 to Life + Gno + HS - 2 advanced duration - 1 penalty (10 Again) 2, 2, 1, 6, 10, 5 1 success

Flidais was indecisive on whether or not she should bring Puppy, but Puppy could always wait outside and only come in if help was required. Flidais steps out of the car and beckons out Puppy, if this art place was anything like the hipster hives she had visited in the past it would be no issue to have Puppy wait outside.

"Nice coat, maybe I should get one. Anyway I'll be following your lead." Flidais acknowledges Crowley's threads, it would probably also be handy for keeping a stray dagger away... Fashion mussing aside Flidais didn't know enough about the past visits to not possibly make a fool of herself.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

Truce answers Crowley while lingering by the entryway. "Let's start with our purchased acquisitions. Perhaps we can get in touch with Johann as well," suggests Truce before approaching the seated assistant.

Truth be told, Truce doesn't have much of a plan. Would it not be easier to torch the building altogether to eliminate the touch of the Abyss on its exhibits? Could fire cleanse such a thing?

"Excuse me, good afternoon. My name is Paul Fears. My associates and I spoke with Johann Gutenberg and Leeba Bachman a few days ago regarding a matter of business relating to several paintings of hers that were on display. Is Mr. Gutenberg in?" he asks in a polite candor.

As the three Magi cross the threshold into the Gutenberg gallery the assistant's eyes arose from the digital information flood playing across her computer screen and directed a charmingly polite smile towards them. Her eyes shifted over them each as Truce spoke, her glance as deft and thoroughly as that of the most erudite connoisseur appraising a well known work.

"Of course, Mr. Fears,"
    the woman replied seamlessly as Truce finished speaking. "Mr. Gutenberg has already advised me of your acquisition. Simply allow me to confirm the method of funding with you so that you'll be able to focus upon your new works of art when you meet with Mr. Gutenberg."

Adeptly she recorded the proffered information and then rose from her seat to guide them towards the door leading to the Gallery's warehouse.

"You'll find Mr. Gutenberg in his office. Simply take the first left down this aisle," she informed them as she opened the door and gestured through it to guide them. "There will be no need to knock or announce yourselves. You're most anticipated guests after all."

A smile that would have been charming under different circumstances gleamed out at them as she waited for them to step through into the cloth shrouded storage space.

As before, the room was filled with crates and the looming silhouettes of antiques and sculptures, linen draped carefully over the bulkiest of items. That is, except for the odd pieces which were arranged in the rooms central clearing. Atop a polished display table stood the glass terrarium caging the life-sized porcelain doll wrapped in ivy. Beside it were a pair of large silver shears upon another display table, a simple phonograph with a record primed, and a bust with an exquisite necklace which showed great age yet whose design was so radical it would appear alien in most any historical period. A soft, light shown down upon these items from above, and another light shone to the left, illuminating the way to Gutenberg's office; a tasteful affair of wood and brick which captured the not unpleasant feeling of dwelling within the earth's embrace.

The man himself sat behind a large wooden desk flanked by the aged wooden filing cabinets and bookshelves, nursing a scotch as he reviewed documents. Flinty grey eyes arose as the Magi neared, peering at them above half moon spectacles. The scotch was set aside and Johann ran a hand through his short silver hair as he arose to greet them.

"Welcome my friends. Please, come in. Have a seat,"
    he offered, gesturing towards a chaise and two matching armchairs. "Ah, and I see there is a new friend amongst your company," he added, offering Flidais a soft smile. "Welcome. I am Johann Gutenberg, the proprietor of the Gallery, as I'm sure you've supposed. But, now then," he continued, "would any of you care for me to fix you a drink before we begin to discuss business? The past days have be poisonous to the soul, after all. The aid of some spirits can be most helpful at such times."

A small grin appeared as Johann said this, a feral intensity lurking beneath the bitter irony displayed accross the man's lips.

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Really? Interesting..." Crowley mused aloud at the gallery assistant's enigmatic response before making his way to face Gutenberg once more.

This time he did notice the prominently placed doll - a shock trembling through his mind, linking to a barely recalled memory from the fight in the back room. His eyes roved across the remaining trove: the sheers and the bust with its mysterious necklace, respectively.

"Yeah. I'll join you if you are partaking. Scotch." Crowley flashed a grin as he tore his eyes away from the trove just long enough to make eye contact with the gallery owner. He let a pause spread between them, then continued: "I bet. I mean... its a terrible tragedy. Uh... right terrifying really. You must be feeling it; I mean, they were your prodigies, right?"

For the moment he held off his Scrutiny. Reluctantly, he turned to the chairs before Gutenberg could detect his interest in the table and its ornaments.

11. Likes Cayce liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce finds it fortunate that Johann is in and willing to see them on such short notice. He says his thanks to the assistant before moving deeper into the gallery space. The Necromancer is already familiar enough with the layout that he has no trouble finding Johann's office. A flicker of attention is given the private exhibits, but no more than that, lest these objects too hold some connection to the Abyss.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Gutenberg," Truce greets the owner. "None for me thanks. I find troubled times to require a clear head for better reflection. But I agree, they have been troubling indeed. I trust you are aware of our part in it? I suppose we were lucky to have called upon Leeba when we did. Have you heard anything further from Leeba since the incident?" he asks with sincere concern.

Flidais stays silent, nodding when appropriate, smiling when needed, what humans normally do to be normal socially. "Thank you kindly, but I'll pass. Flidais politely turns down the offer of the intoxicating drink, slightly concerned that Crowley accepted so readily, was it just her imagination? She turns her mind from those thoughts to the matter at hand, the mention of souls, even innocently brought a feeling of dissease over her.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread