Ended
Watch

Airing Grievances

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan was worried about making a Pledge and breaking it by accident, but also relieved that she'd not have to worry about this quarrel with Cosima anymore. She opened her mouth to debate more but froze to eye Milo when he just swore the oath. When he finished, the Beast shut her mouth with a click. It seems their oath was to focus on just Cosima and not include each other. The raccoon nodded her head to herself as this made sense.

Morgan cleared her throat, "I twas heh-hoping to d-d-discuss more b-b-but guess pledge tis the decision." She then shrugged, "Hath no-no-no intent to break it sssso no worries over makin' das pledge."

The Beast looked around at those present. Starting with Milo, then Cosima, moving on to Ramona, and finally on Ava. Taking a deep breath she closed her eyes. The breath was released and another deep breath was inhaled: "I ssswear for a day und-and one year on my name-and-title to never intend oro-or peform harm against our Clavinger, Cosima. I shall not ssseek to harm heh-her body, mind, or-social-standing. If I fail in meh-my-this oath Imma agree to leave myself v-vulnerable to the contracts of Cosima and Milo."

After squeezing out the last word Morgan opened her eyes and started to breath normally again.

-1 WP to enact the Pledge

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Then I, Cosima Tascioni, swear upon my True Name that I shall do no harm to the mind, body, or social standing of Morgan Bellanar or Milo Chernobog for a year and a day, lest I be vulnerable to their workings of the Wyrd," Coco similarly pledged, glad, at least, that they hadn't had to forge a more punishing pledge. It would simply be too much work for a matters as drawn out as this had been.

"There," she added, "Pledge done. Now then, is there anything else you two would like to discuss?"

Faceted eyes traveled between the Ghul and the Page.
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

S
    Saeyer

Ava was perplexed.

On one hand, everyone had taken the pledge, including Morgan who she had never actually asked to. It made things more symmetrical, which she appreciated, and really she took it more as a gesture of goodwill, but both Milo and Morgan had obvious reservations. Milo seemed perturbed by the principal, Morgan dubious of the mechanics- why just give in? Why swear to something they weren't totally sold on? Morgan had admitted to spinelessness, but Milo hadn't. Had she misspoken, or been misunderstood when she said she didn't want to force anyone? Or had it been Coco's insistence that got him to jump straight in?

Well, whatever it was, it was done. For a fraction of a second she was worried that Coco wouldn't swear after all, that somehow it had been her plan to get the other two to promise to leave her alone and then bow out at the last second. It was an ungenerous concern, quickly smothered by Coco's addition to the pledge.

"On the heels of that, I'd like to add that if any of you think one of the others is abusing the strictures of the pledge or has managed to operate outside of them, please inform us. I'm sure you can find a way to phrase it." The Scrivener's tone, once more business-like, bordered on sympathetic; she wasn't trying to be snide. They could probably find ways to phrase all sorts of things; pledges about words and intent were always slippery.

Coco had already asked if there were other issues to discuss, so she let the question stand, looking between them expectantly.

Milo Chernobog

PRE

"I have nothing further to add." A curious look was tossed to Morgan, wondering if she had anything she wanted to say.

The evening hadn't gone how he thought it would, but the pledge was a reasonable compromise. At the very least it kept the issue from being drawn out any further with pointless arguing and insincere apologies. He resented having his tongue tied, but Coco had the same limitation and getting her off Morgan's back was the goal for the evening.

At Ava's request Milo sighed and tipped his head in agreement. "Absolutely." He said looking between everyone. Of the many things he thought Coco to be, an intentional Oathbreaker wasn't one of them. Many other things certainly, but not an oathbreaker.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

"Uh...I am...cool with heh-talking out t-things too if-if-if anyone wants to t-t-that is," she fidgeted nervously in her seat, "Talk-resolution like-like the normans instead of reliance on the Wyrd sssounds nicer, heh-heh. Um..." She really would have preferred that over the pledge. Except it wasn't like she could just say no if folks were already swearing the Oath that Ava had presented. It did solve the problem and Cosima didn't seem to have as much venom towards her anymore. But it felt like cheating. Plus the raccoon sometimes had the suspicion that the Wyrd was messing with her. "But-but I can nay t-t-think of anything to heh-have against Cosima so...heh," she shrugged, "If b-b-both of them feel things tis fine as is t-t-then I agree to cease the meeting, heh."

She looked down, literally and figuratively. After a brief pause of silence the Beast looked back up at Ava and then nodded her head, "I-I doubts either would, b-b-but I understand ano-and agree to terms of r-r-reporting problems."

She doubted because how could they abuse such a vague pledge without breaking it? Scheming were not Morgan's forte so it seemed impossible to her for someone to violate a pledge without breaking it.

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Well, it's rather impossible to resolve a situation through words if no one has word's their willing to offer. Simply wishing a situation to be resolved like so is insufficient, I'm afraid," the Wasp replied, nonchalance covering the irritation she felt. Because, honestly, both Morgan and Milo had mentioned their preference for speech, yet neither actually had anything to say. Which, frankly, was why the pledge had been necessary. Now they would at least have time to work towards a resolution that would have been impossible without a safeguard in place.

"But, still, I happen to be content with how things have gone, for I'm sure that if words do end up being needed that we'll be to find them within a year and a day. Oh, and I'd like to add that I am sorry, Morgan, for having named you my nemesis. Even if it was in jest."

A poignant nod was offered to the raccoon, a small smile alighting upon Coco's lips. For she'd been mistaken. Milo, if anyone, was obviously Coco's actual nemesis. Not that it now mattered, with their pledge in place.

"Oh, and if you wouldn't mind, let your Motley-mate Lynn now that I'll be giving her a call. She and I are long over due to talk over our issues, I believe," she added last. For that was another matter that she'd do well to put to rest.
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

7. Likes Origins liked this post
    S
    Saeyer

It was, in theory, relieving to hear that Lynn and Coco might finally clear up whatever was between them, but Ava was glad she wouldn't have to be there.

"Alright. If no one has anything further to say, I believe this meeting is over." Rising to her feet, the Scrivener looked between them. "Stay safe, and I hope to see all of you soon under better circumstances."

Now get out of my Hollow.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan blinked in surprise at the apology from Cosima. Then she returned the smile and gave a polite bow, "Oh, heh-heh, t-t-thank ye Cosima. I am-am glad I am nay t-thine nemesis, heh. To remain so, I will t-t-try not to do anything to bother-offend ye, in the future." It was almost Yoda-speak, but it should be mostly clear. The Beast thought of apologizing for whatever it was that started this, but figured it might make things worse if she apologized without knowing what she was apologizing for. She had issues with Cosima because they had issues with each other...Which didn't make sense to her.

People stuff was some damn hard, "I uh...sorry, people-interaction tis heh-hard...I am glad to have ye as a fellow courtier and nay as a foe." Which was at least honest.

Morgan nodded her head at the subject of Lynn. "Understood. I shalt let Lynn ken of thine missive...I'm sssure she shalt be a better conversationalist than meh-me, heh-heh," and mumbled something about it being hard to be worse. Hopefully that meeting would go no worse then this one.

Morgan bowed to Ava as she called the meeting to an end, "T-t-thank you Ava," and then turned and bowed to Ramona, "and t-thank ye Ramona for m-moderating the meeting, heh."

If no one objects or tries to stop her, Morgan will retrieve her backpack and leave the Hollow to its owner.

10. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Coco's Mien

Mantle:

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Just make sure to tell me when you find the Dragon and we won't have any problems," Coco called after the Raccoon as she went to leave.

No such message was shared with Milo, however. He was simply ignored when the Wasp rose from her seat and prepared to leave.

"My cane, if you please?" she asked of Ava and Ramona, hand extended.

Milo Chernobog

PRE

The fuck?

Eyebrows raised as the Wasp buzzed about regarding the insipid pledge she had insisted on. He thought those were the words that would resolve the issue, but apparently that snotty piece of trash had tongue tied them for no reason. Her post-pledge words made it clear there was some issue still in the air, and the way she was ignoring him it didn't take much imagination to think who her issue was aimed at. Through his clearly misplaced trust he had fallen for the same bullying tactic he danced around like a moron over at the Coronation.

"Thank you for hosting Ava." He said as he rose, bowing his head slightly once he was on his feet. His eyes very briefly moved over to the lump that was allegedly also necessary before turning to the exit. "Good night."

Except the night wasn't completely over, he still had one more thing he wanted to ask the Raccoon as he followed her out.

"Hey." He almost whispered over her shoulder as they made their way upstairs. "Want to grab that drink sometime?"

Because Milo sure as hell needed it.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 20

You do not have permission to view the list of names.