Ended
Watch

Airing Grievances

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan shrugged and followed Milo down. She debated trying to hide behind Milo when they entered, but didn't. When they got to the bottom and saw everyone, Morgan couldn't stop herself from scrunching up her shoulders. The Beast smiled nervously before raising her left hand to give a little wave hello, "Heh-heh, salutations feh-folks. Heh.". At Milo's gesture, Morgan looked up at him letting out a "Huh?" After a pause she made an "o" with her mouth, "Oh. R-right." She shrugged of her pack and was going to put it beneath the chair before pausing as she started to bend over with the bag in her claws.

She straightened up and bounced quickly over to the desk to leave her pack there. "Eh-heh-heh, Imma just l-leave this heh-here Ava, 'kay? Sorry for trouble." And then scrambled back to the chair Milo had pointed out to her. And she was across from Cosima. Whom Morgan finally noticed was dressed...casaul? Cosima did casual? She was dressed in something Morgan would have expected someone like Malory to have worn. "Um...heh-heh...hello...n-nice jacket." Morgan sounded more confused more then scared. This was a really unexpected development. But it was a nice solid looking leather jacket. To the raccoon, durable was always more important then trendy.

S
    Saeyer

Despite Milo's handsome face and pleasing voice, his smiling thanks made Ava want to kick him. Or maybe just annoy him really badly in return. But, it wasn't like it was a secret no one wanted to be there. "I'm glad everyone could make it," she said politely in response, which wasn't untrue. As Morgan dropped her backpack off the Scrivener nodded, unbothered, and settled into the last free chair. In her own Hollow, on her own terms, her posture was much more comfortable than those around her.

With everyone barring Milo seated, Ava figured that was good enough to get started; if he needed to hover, so be it. "Alright, let's get right to it," she began, tone transitioning from casual to business-like. "We're here to clear up what happened at the Autumn coronation: an interaction that was perceived as antagonistic took place, was witnessed, and later called out. It lead to a claim that the situation had escalated beyond a disagreement between courtiers to friction between Courts. An apology was called for without properly looking into what happened, and that's what I'd like to set straight today."

Looking between the three people who were actually involved, she continued. "I'd like to hear from each of you about what happened, as you experienced it. Please refrain from responding to someone else's recounting, we'll get to that next. Ramona is here as another pair of ears, and also in her official capacity as the Constable, if need be." Ava didn't actually think there would be a fight, at least she hoped there wouldn't be; in her first concept of this meeting Ramona had been the one running it, but that vision had evolved quickly.

"Let's begin with Coco, followed by Morgan, then Milo." Her piece said, the Nix turned her eyes expectantly to Spring's Claviger.

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Very well," Coco replied with a shrug so casually fluid her skeletal structure almost became suspect.

"It's quite a simple tale, really. I arrive at the coronation and found myself in dire need of another place to stand so circumstance wouldn't make a door out of me when I heard a most delightful suggestion. It seemed that there was a bounty of cider being offered, and so I said to myself, 'well, Coco," the Wasp elucidated brightly, a hand rising to poise against her breast, "isn't that a wonderful suggestion? Perhaps you should partake of it!?' And so I did, offering a most friendly wink to the one who'd first made the suggestion. But, then, lo and behold," she continued, eyes alighting upon Morgan, "it seemed that my presence was so terribly offensive that it scared our dear little Twilight Page here off and that prompted the big, bad, scary Milo to come teach me some manners."

A glare found its way to the would-be Ghul, then, and the Wasp's voice lost it's veneer of amiability.

"Unfortunately for our aspiring terror, here, it appears that his threats are worthless without a room full of other Courtiers to execute them."
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

4. Likes West, Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

ooc: Morgan is next right?

Morgan winced when Cosima looked at her. After Cosima had said her piece, Morgan nodded to start off by agreeing with Coco: "Cosima tis keh-kinda r-right. Imma totally s-s-socially spineless tis a t-truth, heh-heh," with a forced smile. There was no irony and jest in her demeanor: she fully believed what she said.

Morgan cleared her throat and closed her eyes. She took in several deep breathes and let them out in a meditation technique. She kept her eyes closed as she started talking at a sedate pace. Well, a sedate pace for Morgan: "R-right, when incident heh-happened. I arrived and chit-chat with folks, heh. Ava and Tally foist then otter-others. We greeted sssome noob folk, Richard-n-Evelynn, I twas trying to nay fuck-up socially-again. I did notice Cosima's ah-arrival. I did sssuggest cider to the noobs. Cosima did indeed t-then heh-head for the cider and wink at-at me specifically. I w-w-would nay call her offensive b-b-but Imma soco-sopo-erm...I am shit at people stuff." She sighed loudly, "I-I did get scared, tis-true-and-my-thing. Did nay wanna interact with Cosima 'cause nay chance it'd go well. Seeing a greeter, pathetic-but-officer-still, and a g-g-g-guardian officer fighting would heh-hath been, to the noobs, a bad first impression of the heh-hold," Morgan's tone was more harsh describing herself then Cosima, "P-plus Lynn had signal-whistle for me," she smiled and shrugged, "So~o I went to sssee what she wanted as an excuse to g-g-get out of getting cider and-and c-c-causing trouble." Mogan winced then, "Leh-Lynn and I peh-passed off folks' questions about it azz a personality clash and nothing to worry-concern about, heh-heh." Which was much mor diplomatic that what Lynn would have said about Cosima in private.

She opened her eyes and looked at Coco. Morgan bowed her head as if in apology, "And-and then Evelynn caughts up with me and we, me and Lynn, gots distracted with explaining oath options. Well, Lynn explained most. I did heh-help her, Evelynn nay-Lynn, f-find work-contacts. Specifically introductions of heh-her to Tally. Heh-her, Evelynn not Tally, clockworks izz probably going to be at Quicksilver ssssoon. Introductions-and-tour-guide Imma cool with. Keh-kinda heh-hard to fuck-up, I heh-have nay managed to do it...yet," she winced at her self burn.

"Heh-had t-t-thought it, the-me-being-a-wuss, was nay trouble ah-after that. I nay sssaw Milo's...chat with Cosima. Only ken it-it was trouble when Ava t-t-told me so. A-and heh-here I am. If-if-if I ken it'd be trouble, I'd heh-have tried...going to get cider. And...um," Morgan's shoulders sagged and she hung her head. She was despondent as she spoke: "I'd likely have caused a re~eally awkward situation at best. S-s-s-sorry for causing trouble."

6. Likes Cayce liked this post

Milo Chernobog

PRE

Milo took his seat after Morgan, and remained silent through the proceedings. He nodded in agreement to Ava, but the smile faded as Cosima basically lied her way through her explanation. Friendly wink? Lying piece of shit.

"I first noticed Morgan's offer of cider, including the part where she was talking to a new person and invited Malcolm Green and a Beast I've never met specifically." He looked over to Morgan for a moment before focusing his attention more specifically on Ava. "When Cosima immediately rushed over I found it suspicious given her public ridicule of Morgan. I arrived at the Feast of Color last spring to find her yelling at Miss Mills, so I decided to try and talk to her and see what was going on."

The Fairest shook his head before returning his attention to the Archivist. "During our conversation she referred to Morgan as her 'dear nemesis Morgan' and mentioned that they had a conversation on the role of fear without words. She also called it a delightful moment. Once it was obvious her behavior was both intentional and unapologetic, I warned her against harassing our courtiers further and went to see L'aire."

"We talked and agreed the Council couldn't do anything officially, but we also agreed that this bullying was ridiculous. I suggested telling everyone to ignore Cosima until she stopped lashing out, but L'aire wanted to talk to Lynn about what might be the issue. The Steward then informed us that the reason for The Wasp's aggression was that she formed a Motley with Morgan last spring rather then screwing Cosima. She then suggested a solution she thought would work better, Cosima would apologies to Morgan and cease this juvenile behavior or Queen LeBlanc would hear of this and strip her of her position as Claviger."

He shrugged. "As Emissary, it was agreed L'aire would talk to Cosima and Lynn shouldn't be involved in this affair. I don't know how the conversation went because I was talking to Ms Jasons about another matter, but the next I heard about the situation was when you came to ask me to be here."

Ok, it's starting to be hard to avoid looking irritated. Ramona's brows have sunk into a deep frown. She's essentially glaring at each person who's turn it is to speak, moving very little, mostly her eyes flicking to each of them in turn. She doesn't speak herself yet, she's not the judge or the arbitrator here, just here to keep the peace. But learning all about this in detail for the first time... she can't help but turn her glare on Ava for a moment. As if to say You did this. You got me involved in this moronic exercise. I will have my revenge.

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"What?!" Coco blared out, springing from her chair. "You honestly believe the Steward? You think this is all because I'm upset that she wouldn't fuck me? Are you insane?" the Wasp demanded of Milo, the other Lost in the room temporarily forgotten about. "Doesn't that sound ridiculous to you? This has absolutely nothing to do with sleeping with anyone! This is because that...Morgan," Coco eventually relented, gesturing dismissively at the Page, "finds my company repulsive, and obviously I'm offended by that! Wouldn't you be, oh bringer of sorrow and torment? Isn't that what you promised me, after all, or did that vow conveniently slip your mind?"

Once more the Wasp's eyes narrowed.

"In fact," she continued, jabbing a finger at the weasel dropping of a man, "we wouldn't even need to be having this conversation if you didn't have such a hard-on for inflicting anguish on others and the Steward wasn't so fucking delusional as to entertain your twisted fantasies of power fulfillment."
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

10. Likes Origins, InvertedMonkey, Wod.Infant liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan seemed to go into shock at being called someone's nemesis. That was really setting the bar low, if not burying it! Unfortunately her mouth moving before her brain: "What?! Me-me-me a nemesis? That-what? Just-what? That tis ssssetting the bar low enough tah-to fuckin' bury it." Her outburst was only loud at the start, devolving quickly into a whimper. She just sagged in defeat as she fully believed this.

She hunched down, eyes darting between Milo and Cosima. Morgan's feet and hands tensed up in preparation to bolt if needed. Looking back at Cosima she tried to be placatory, "I t-thought there were many f-f-factors, n-not just one. B-b-but," she cast her large eyes at Ava, pleading, "Was the referee--erm, mediator sssupposed to heh-have a turn? Or-or-or do I heh-have to blather again?"

12. Likes InvertedMonkey liked this post
    S
    Saeyer

Thin teeth sunk into the Scrivener's cheek as she listened, holding back multiple sighs. Small wonder L'aire had bailed as soon as she could. She listened carefully to each testimony, from Coco's, which was so sarcastic even she wasn't willing to give the wasp the benefit of the doubt, to Morgan's open admittance that she was spineless, and finally Milo, who started off so well and then used the word screwing. Way to undermine your own righteous spiel with flavor.

As Coco popped to her feet to defend herself, and go back on everything she'd already said, a low whistle of air finally escaped between Ava's thin teeth. She had wanted so badly to handle this with the sort of calm efficiency she was slowly coming to realize she didn't actually possess. Maybe electing her to some sort of pseudo-government had been a huge mistake.

Technically, though, the only person she'd said was there in an official capacity was the Constable; she was just good old Auntie Fishface, there to sit down and have a chat.

"No, you don't need to say any more. I've heard plenty." Irritation finally slipped into her voice on the last word, jagged and clipped. Pulling back to a more neutral expression, it would take someone who was truly oblivious to miss how irked the Archivist looked. "Coco, please sit down."

"Alright. What I'm hearing is this: Coco, you're antagonizing Morgan because she doesn't like you, which is so circular it's making my head hurt. If you guys would just fucking-" She cut herself off, fingers drumming on the arm of her camp chair as another low breath hissed between her teeth. Speaking slowly and carefully, Ava began again."If the two of you could sit down and communicate, I don't think this would be an issue anymore. Things fester, when you're left alone with them for too long. It's time to open it back up, clean it out, and see what happens. Nobody is going to force you to talk it out, but after speaking to both of you independently I would highly suggest it." About to move on, she snapped back to Coco. "Also, not impressed with how blatantly you warped the truth and then undermined yourself. We're sitting here because you were accused of something and asked to apologize without hearing your side of it; how you're handling this gives even less incentive to seek out your perspective in the future. And please never get arrested because I am terrified of what would happen if you went to court."

Her dark eyes, less friendly without the usual smile, landed on Morgan. "Morgan. You do have a spine. I know because I've seen you use it before, coming to other people's defense. That's all well and noble, but it's yours, use it for you too. None of what's happened leading to this meeting was your fault," she added, in case anyone thought she was veering into victim blaming. "But for your sake, the next time someone gives you shit-" just run up them and do parkour off their face, please, "Push back. Even if it's another Freeholder. If it's anyone."

And at last it was Milo's turn, her eyebrows raising slowly as she locked on to him. "This was never a council-level issue. I don't think anyone associated with the Ashen Crown wants to be known as belonging to the Court that couldn't take care of its own problems and went running to the Council." A hint of disdain touched her lip as she spoke, but it faded as she went on. "Coming to the defense of a fellow courtier was a good instinct, I applaud you in that. But the way you handled it looks a lot like someone seeing what they can get out of someone else's misfortune."

Fingers tapping the edge of the arm rest once more, Ava had one last thing to say. "Do any of you think what I said was inaccurate?"

Milo Chernobog

PRE

Where Coco animated and yelled Milo sat still in silence. Her defensive tone and attempt to misdirect attention to him and Lynn were obvious enough he was content to sit and let the situation unfold. Morgan's response to it all got him to slink down into his chair a little, knowing that her distress was indirectly his fault. As much as he might try to be Milo wasn't sentimental or good at consoling people, so uncertainty kept him frozen in his seat.

The Fairest hadn't really talked to Ava much in his year of time in the Freehold, so as she went through each argument she quickly proceeded to impress the Ghul. Her handling of Coco, encouraging Morgan. Any disdain in the Beast's voice went unnoticed or at the very least unacknowledged.

"Only that I have no intention of reaping personal gain from Morgan's misfortune." He said as a small grin settled on his face. "I'll be content to leave or at the very least sit in silence if that is what you wish."

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 20

You do not have permission to view the list of names.