Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1512) Tiernan, Asa, Josephine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

PRE

Though she was indeed pleased by the compliment the Prince had paid her, Josephine was a tad disappointed. She had been unusually amused by the thought that the Neonate would leave the conversation entirely unaware of who the Prince was, yet she could not avoid using the proper titles now that she, herself, had been directly addressed. Particularly not after the slight rift which had formed not long ago between the Prince and herself. A rift she had caused, in particular.

But, alas, the end of this silly game was no large matter. No doubt it would still be amusing to see the neonate's reaction to her reply.

"Why thank you, Alder Prince Clarke. I was quite taken, myself, when I found this raiment. Also, might I say, your own garments are most impeccable this evening, Your Grace."

That thin veneer of civility spread atop the conversation, the Reeve allowed a small smile to curl her lips as she turned to the new transfusion standing near them.

"And it is likewise a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Braggs. Tell me, where do you hail from? Is it a Domain which similarly valued such piquant jests?"

2. Likes West liked this post
    D
    DisgruntledOne

Reeve Sterling's acknowledgment of the Prince caused Tiernan to pause for a moment. This was a surprise, to be certain--but it made sense. It explained the Prince's meticulous appearance, the distance the other Kindred kept from him, certainly the strange vibes Tiernan had been starting to notice as the others in the room glanced their way....

What Tiernan didn't understand was why the Prince had not acknowledged his standing in the process of pointing out the Clan Prisci and the Seneschal. In Tiernan's experience, most people in Mr. Clarke's position were more heavy-handed with their position and power.

Still, Tiernan had known the man for all of two minutes. He might just be a git in a suit.

Either way, this was certainly a conundrum. Tiernan hadn't been disrespectful (at least, he didn't think he had), but neither had he been particularly reverent.

Oh well. No point in dwelling on it. The mistake was already made; no point in making it worse by gawking. Tiernan shrugged the last remnants of shock from his features and redoubled his grin, more out of defensive habit than due to any actual mirth. “Well, tha's certainly a twist. My apologies, Yer Grace, fer not givin' ye proper greeting.” Tiernan gave the Prince a bow. It was a bit on the theatrical side, but not so much as to seem irreverent. “At least ye can say, if ye didnae have one already, ye officially have a court jester. As I'm sure ye've noticed, I'm quite skilled at playin' the fool.”

He turned his attention to Reeve Sterling. “I'm not from any place in particular, Madame Reeve. Well. Ireland originally, but tha's a long time past and not worth discussin'. I've mostly been on me lonesome of late. These 'piquant jests' help alleviate the monotony, as it were.”

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

As Josephine, then Tiernan, spoke, Asa's eyes drifted over Court.

It wasn't lost on him that, amidst the genuflections, there was hardly any sign of welcome of the newly instated --and Bloodied-- Reeve. Or that the Seneschal seemed to have no such trouble.

Two acts of power, exercised, yet one was more... visceral... than the other.

"Apology not accepted,"
    Asa answered with a charming smile. "Simply because it's not necessary. I was attempting to deduce your Familial origins before you deduced my identity; so I withheld that introduction, but it seems that I have lost."

Asa kept smiling, lest the man take the statement as an indictment. Still torn between the Daeva and Gangrel, the flamboyance kept making for a convincing argument.

"I believe the Reeve hails from the British Isles herself,"
    he continued, gesturing towards the raven haired woman with the accent.

"I imagine a journey of that length would be difficult, if it were taken after the Embrace?"
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

5. Likes Cayce liked this post

"Indeed, I do hail from Britain. As such, the closest I have been to the bonny shores of Ireland is the Isle of Mann," the Reeve replied crisply. "For, though Ireland is much closer to the land of my Embrace than this Domain, our peoples have warred long against one another and thus to travel beneath the vault of an Irish night would be, in many ways, more difficult than traversing the Atlantic to America's shores. Such a trip wasn't terribly hard to orchestrate in this age of jet propulsion, yet I know that that wasn't always so. When did you happen to cross the seas, Mr. Braggs? No matter how difficult it was, it seems that those piquant jests were sustaining enough for you."

D
    DisgruntledOne

Hunh. 'Guess the Clan'. That was new to Tiernan, but as far as games to amuse princes (or bored Kindred in general) went, he had seen far worse. "Seeing as how yer hand got tipped, I s'pose it's only fair I tip mine. Me sire was Daeva. Pretty sure he only embraced me as a cruel joke, but I've since found me sea legs as it were."

The law often made Tiernan nervous; Reeve Sterling was no exception to the rule. Her appearance, speech patterns and demeanor brought to mind a lioness, seemingly languid but prepared to pounce at a moment's notice. She was toying with him, testing to see if she could find any soft spots. Damned if he was going to let her.

"I came over to the states in '51. Snuck into the belly of a cargo plane. Almost caught the wrong end of a sunset when it landed." Tiernan chuckled at the memory--far funnier in retrospect than it had been at the time.

"Much as I'd like to continue this conversation, I'm thinking it's time I 'ave a word with me Priscus. Another time, perhaps?"

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

I love man?

By the time he'd replayed it, and sorted out the homophonic expression, Tiernan was talking again. It was probably the last conversation they would ever have. Something about the man's accent came across as more Drunken Pirate than Irish, and grated at the nerves. Really, it was for the man's own safety. The Beast within had no love for Drunken Pirates, either.

"Have a good evening, Mr. Braggs,"
    Asa answered with a nod.

If the question about a later conversation hadn't been rhetorical, it was now. Asa's eyes drifted over the man's Priscus, Juan Cordoba.

I wonder if she asked her Sponsor about the Monomacy.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

9. Likes Cayce liked this post

PRE

"Perhaps," Josephine agreed simply, lapsing into stillness until the fresh Demon chose to walk away. For, though, she had no opinion of the man's accent, there was a certain...lack of deference that she found troubling in him. Almost as troubling as Fernandez, though Fernandez' true crime had been giving her excessive cause. Braggs, however, was for the moment merely something that had breezed through, perhaps to fade, perhaps to stay. Only the Divine could say...

Thus, once the Irishman had left, the Reeve turned to the Prince.

"So, your grace, how have you found the recent nights, if I might ask? I trust that ennui has been kept at bay?"

D
    DisgruntledOne

Whoops.

D
    DisgruntledOne

"'Ave a good evening, Your Grace. Reeve." Tiernan dipped his head deferentially and walked away, outwardly calm but inwardly relieved. That had not been in his plans for the night. He had no intentions of speaking with the Prince further, or the Sheriff if he could help it. The burdens of power were not his to care about and despite everything he valued his requiem.

Tiernan has moved to Brittany and Company .

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I've often found that ennui can be kept at bay with innuendo, applied liberally," Asa answered.

He watched the Daeva depart into the shifting whorls of bodies in conversation.

"But let us talk of another's recent nights, and how they have been found. Josephine Sterling. Ex Sanctified, newly Unconquered."
    Asa's voice was gentle, but rose and fell with a near theatrical announcer's cadence. "Risen to Reeve, and also rendering personal Final judgement." It might be a sense of duty that brought her to his conversational orbit...

...Or it might not.

"...But always impeccable in appearance."

Asa offered a smile with the side of humor.

"How does the Reeve find her nights?"

14. Likes Cayce, Wod.Infant liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread