Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
(Long Memory) One Memory More

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

Milo Chernobog

PRE

Emma? Danes?

"Let's be realistic." Milo said as the growing irritation was barely kept hidden behind a facade of professionalism the Gendry themselves couldn't break. "The Long Midnight can do to much damage to risk anything more then the trade, and we have no idea how many Hoshiros they have working for them. No violence, and no open antagonism."

A pointed glare was given to Ramona and her little speech. "Stick to the plan. Hide the birds nearby, get the pledge, and send them on their way. We can do this together." His attention then shifted back to the Dancer. "Don't worry to much, we'll all be there to help you if you need it."

Empathy wasn't Milo's greatest quality, but he could understand that telling the woman with social anxiety she's the only one doing the talking with the nasty criminal faction wasn't the best course of action.

Lynn Mills

Bump - Let me know what you guys want to do and we can move onto the next part of the scene.

S
    Sasha

The thought of more slaying and more death to some people who, to her knowledge, hadn’t killed anyone was grating. “Then we make them pledge to take the Birds and never come back to this Freehold and any of the surrounding area.” She said with all seriousness. The Dancer didn’t even understand Ramona’s reference.

L'aire felt the subtle chill of her Mantle take shape, but she remained calm despite what was said. Summer and Winter sometimes never saw level ground. “I am not a violent person. I also don’t condone it in the least. If you would like to do this with violence, if that is the most viable option, then I cannot be involved in this. If I am the one who is supposed to help negotiate peace and diplomacy, then that’s what I will do.” L’aire spoke without raising her voice in the slightest. She only stated what she knew. “Please keep in mind that I’ve never done this before either. None of us have had these positions in the Council previously. We are to guide each other to help our Freehold.” The Fairest said exactly how she felt.

It wouldn’t be too long and L’aire was about to forfeit her position. Only for the sake of people constantly throwing her to other problems and that she was entirely inexperienced with all of this. At least Milo seemed to understand where she was coming from. The Ogress’ words did not bestow an inkling of confidence in her.

“We can go and scope things out; it wouldn’t hurt to check out the place or something before hand.”

ooc

It's been a while. That's a good sign, right? It's been a while since Ramona's faced two Freeholders opposite herself and felt utterly alien. Like there was a vast, empty gulf that separates them, their perspectives, their experiences. Indifference welcomes her back like an old friend, only to be firmly shoved to arms' length by responsibility, accountability, security. Affection and camaraderie wither. Misunderstanding is at the root of it. Failure to communicate.

Doesn't matter. Whatever opinions Milo and Sasha have formed of her in this moment, they don't matter. What's more important is that she got the message across. Regardless of whether or not they like it, the idea of violence has been planted in everyone's head. If there's some slim chance that they'll be even a little better prepared for it if it occurs, Milo and Sasha's disapproval will be worth it. Even better, the Emissary is showing a little backbone under pressure. Mission fucking accomplished, no matter how messy the social fallout may end up being.

"I understand, Sasha," the ogress assures, tying on her boots and then standing. Pride and indifference instruct her to remain silent, but she breathes out a sigh, and goes on, "I hope for the best, but I plan for the worst." She doesn't look at Milo, just stares straight at L'aire. "That's how I am. And it's also my job. I don't mean anything by it, but I consider alternatives, and I'm prepared for things to go wrong. I ask myself how far I'd be willing to go, if I had to, and I know the answer. It's good to know that you do too." Even if Sasha just can't 'condone' violence, understanding her limit is valuable information. For both of them.

"You guys want to pile into my truck, or take an Uber?" She asks, turning to stride towards the exit of the Summer Hollow, feeling companionable only with Morgan as she goes. Those who are not prepared to do violence will always be at the mercy of those who are. The Long Midnight knows that, Ramona is certain.

Milo Chernobog

PRE

That was... go L'aire!

With violence off the table Milo banished the idea from his mind. Ramona got an uneasy look, both for ignoring him and for her well documented history of smashing things. The problem with working with people who default to violence is that they'll inevitably default to violence. Those aren't the people you bring to delicate negotiations, they're the ones you lie about meeting times for. Unfortunately she was listening when the time was established, so the best they could do was leash her.

"We'll be there to work as a team." Milo said to L'aire and Morgan. "Let's scout the truck stop."

I think we're good to move to the next scene. Who wants to start the next thread?

Lynn Mills

That would be my treat Xander. I'm still considering starting it in a Country Western bar. :P But to confirm, we are going to start with scooping out the diner a couple hours before the meet?

Hell no, Ramona would want to scope out the place now. Maybe after breakfast. And do a second sweep shortly before the meeting.

Being thorough, being prepared, it's how you avoid a James Caan ala Godfather-style death scene!

(I mean, OOC, I know you wouldn't do that, but IC, Ramona would be thinking of it.)

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan would also be eager to scout the meeting area as soon as possible. Because paranoia.

9. Likes InvertedMonkey liked this post
    S
    Sasha

Uber = Strangers = Possible gentry/TF/loyalists,etc. in hiding. So truck it is. Scouting it is!!

Lynn Mills

Very well, I'll have the next scene set up shortly, at the Country Western . . . . I mean the diner.

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread