Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(AC 2015) Ava & Morgan

S
    Saeyer

Stepping out of earshot of the previous conversation, Ava turned to Morgan a little reluctantly. Of the three people involved, Morgan was the one she was least worried about refusing to show up, and the most worried about talking to. "Hey Morgan, sorry to pull you away." Apology made, there was nothing to do but get to it.

"Well, I don't know how much of this you're already aware of, but Milo brought it to the Council's attention that Coco made a jab at your earlier tonight. The two of them also had a small confrontation and it's turned into something we've been asked to take care of. So, we're asking the three of you to sit down with Ramona and me, in my Hollow, and have everyone talk out their view of what happened, see if we can't find a way to keep this from happening again." As the glowing remnants of her words slowly faded, Ava watched Morgan carefully, gauging her friend's reaction.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan seemed confused but just shook her head at the apology, "Nada-nada worries Ava. No troubles, heh-heh. What tis up?"

The raccoon's over sized eyes got a lot larger as Ava explained what was up. "Oh, uh, sah-sorry to con-contribute to troubles, heh-heh," she waved both hands in front of herself as she looked very nervous. The new Council was getting involved in this? Was Cosima holding a grudge against her really that big a deal? Morgan didn't think so. "Um...nada-not ssssure this meh-much trouble tis needed. Well, unclear what tis Milo-Cosima issue. But-but-but don't think quarrrrel of me-Cosima should be that big deal sssstuff. Bolth-both...oh," Morgan's nervousness evaporated as she hung her head. The "epiphany" made her speak more slowly: "Quarrel ain't issue, tis-tis court-officer quarrel, heh-heh-heh. Um...sorry to cause-cause trouble," This time she held clasped her hands in front of her and bowed her head several times. Ava could clearly hear her fellow Beast mumble, "Essspecially since my apology attempt maybe made it worse."

S
    Saeyer

"No one thinks you contributed to this." Maybe her lack of contribution was part of the problem, but it was hard to imagine Morgan trying to kick Coco in the teeth at a coronation event. Or maybe ever. Really, just telling her to fuck off might've sufficed...

"I'm sorry it's being handled this way, but someone escalated the situation by telling several members of the Council the issue was creating friction between Courts. So, we'll just sit down and talk about it, see if we can't get at least part of it resolved." And hopefully by the next time something like this happens we'll have a better idea of how to handle it.

She wanted very much to just lay it out to Morgan, exactly the way she felt about it, but the last thing they needed this early on in the life of the council was them undercutting their own decisions. At least not all of this was on them, but she wasn't in a rush to say that either.

"I'll be sending out a text when we find a good date. Okay?"

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan couldn't stop the Wince at Ava's kindn wordss, "Nada-not heh-hh meant to speak-say aloud, heh-heh," and she hadn't. Morgan had tried dipolmacy a few months ago and things had not improved. Granted, this meeting was probably a better plan then: hide from Cosima until the wasp decides to be diplomatic.

At Ava's apology the raccoon started to get nervous. She brought up both her hands and started waving them in the negative in front of her chest, "No-no-no worries. Meh-minor trouble tis situation. But I guess godo-goot-good foist-faust-erm...initial trial for Council to learn heh-how to deal with troubles, heh-heh. Right?" It seems sometimes great minds did think alike.

Morgan nodded, "Gots it ah-Ava. I'll watch for tech-text, heh-heh. I promise be there. And promise I shalt nada-not wear knives either, heh-heh," she gave her fellow Beast a thumbs up.

Things would go nowhere if Cosima scaring Morgan "in jest" resulted in a knife to the knee.

S
    Saeyer

Glad that Morgan was looking at it the way she was, Ava nodded in agreement. If nothing else, it was valuable practice for the Council. A comfortable smile curled her mouth at the thumbs up and a chuckle shook her shoulders briefly. "Good thinking." She hoped success was never exclusively measured by whether or not someone got stabbed, but either way it was a good thing to avoid, even in jest. "Thanks, Morgan. I'll see you then."

All relevant parties notified, aside from Ramona, she excused herself. Maybe there was still time for Morgan to return to her previous conversation, but for Ava, her priority was now to get fed and get gone.

Ava exits for the main thread

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan spends most of the rest of the evening pondering an important thought. Should she take one or multiple shots of alcohol before going to this planned meeting? And what strength of booze?

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 7

You do not have permission to view the list of names.