Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

(Home, Sweet Necropolis)Question Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Gilroy waited in front of the entrance to the Necropolis. A decaying corpse lay decomposing nearby. Kenneth was tempted to just open the door and let himself into the fresher air below but he had been gone a couple months. He was sure how Garrick had adjusted to power. If the gunslinger perceived a threat to his domain, Kenneth might die before he had a chance to run. As things stood that might be true anyway. While Gilroy's Beast was hidden behind the veil of Obfuscation, his curse still made him a tempting target to other Kindred. He wasn't even sure if Marlon was still Priscus. Gilroy could be waiting for a stranger. That was even more reason not to be seen as a trespasser.

So he waited for his Priscus to arrive.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Holstered gun on his right hip
    Sheathed knife on his left hip

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Nosferatu Curse: The irises of Garrick's eyes are milky white, they never seem to focus on what he is paying attention too. Consequently it is hard to tell if he's looking at you or around you or past you.
    Scenes

NOS
    PRE

The door to the Necropolis opens from the inside and Garrick begins to step through it before he notices Gilroy standing there. Stopping mid step a grin breaks across the white-eyed Nosferatu's face. "Was wondering when you were going to be back." The worn jeans and a long sleeve plaid shirt both carry hints of dust.

"Come on in. I haven't touched the shrine." Garrick steps back through the door and motions with his free hand. "I've worked on the place a bit." Once Gilroy enters Garrick closes and locks the door then heads to the main and so far only notable room of the Necropolis.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

The appearance of Garrick was less than pleasant. Instinct screamed at Kenneth to bash in his fellow monster's skull before he could finish baring his fangs smiling and greeting. It was only the fact that Kenneth had been expecting the urge to rise that allowed him to quell it with any sort of poise rather than rushing forward and attacking. Instead, Gilroy forced his own fangs to remain retracted when he returned the smile and extended a hand in greeting instead. Even so, the worm's grin wasn't nearly as wide and enthusiastic as Garrick's.

"Thank you," he said nodding to the pale eyes for a couple seconds before entering

"It looks good," he commented looking around the room at the renovations Marlon had done. "You look to have done well. I'll be glad to led my assistance in any improvements now that I'm back." Reopen the temple, continue to improve the main area, perhaps create a sanctum, restart his efforts to make a catloge of Kindred history. The list was starting to come back to him.

He turned and waited for the Priscus to catch up. Before anything else though there was to business of complying with local rules. Assuming the Prince hadn't been deposed in the mean time.

"As I'm sure you know, I need to be reacknowledged. Have there been in changes in the Laws or city at large that I should be aware of?" he asked intently.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Nosferatu Curse: The irises of Garrick's eyes are milky white, they never seem to focus on what he is paying attention too. Consequently it is hard to tell if he's looking at you or around you or past you.
    Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Garrick extends a hand to shake Kenneth's and pushes down the urge to crush the man's hand. Walking into the only room Garrick stops himself from wiping his sullied hand off on his pants.

"Good to hear, we almost had a new family member in town but the guy disappeared. Which is probably for the best given the new Reeve." A hand scratches at his beard but freezes as mental gears click. "Hm right so we have a new Reeve, Josephine Sterling. The same night she became Reeve she challenged another member of the Domain to Monomancy. Which is a duel to the death apparently." The hand falls.

Garrick speaks with a neutral tone. "She won and is now pushing rapidly against the Outside problem you told me about before you left."

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"I see," Kenneth replied "Who did she challenge?" Who did she kill?

As good as it was to hear that Josephine had attained the Reeve position and not entirely surprising she had used a Monomancy to secure it; the fact that it had only taken her one night to issue the challenge was a little disturbing. Had it been an impulse or planned? He hadn't realized to she was so close to being Reeve. But then things always tended to move too quickly for Gilroy's comfort. At least it put the Lancea in a better position. He'd have to contact after this to congratulate her. Even if it went against the church's teachings.

Then there was the traitor. It was good to hear there was a push to resolve the issue.

"Is there any thing I can do to assist in that regard." Risk and opportunity. As safe as it would be to just let others help, there was social currency to be had by participating. Even just offering had advantages.
    Mask of Tranquility

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Marco Fernandez with the Carthians. Well used to be." Pile of ash now. Garrick shakes his head. "Nothing that I'm aware of. We can inform the Reeve that you have returned and see if she wants another person along?"

"But having at least one Nosferatu not being involved in...that. Would be safer for our Family, and the Necropolis." Jet fuel. Jet.

Fuueeellll.

O right. "Was Katya Harding the Seneschal when you left?"

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Marco? That was... unfortunate odd. It would seem Sterling had disregarded the idea of working with Carthians on behalf of the Invictus. Which meant either the idea was dead (that left an alliance with Konrad in jeopardy) or it would be his sole responsibility (which was for too much of a scapegoat position for his liking). On the other hand, with Fernandez gone that meant more than likely "Roth is Prefect, then?" That could prove useful, if not ideal.

Katya was no surprise

"Yes, from what I could tell she was settling in quite well given her experience as a dominatrix,"
    he said offhandedly. Gilroy was still processing Garrick's indirect information. No new information. Or at least none that was safe to give. Gilroy couldn't argue that risking multiple Clan members on a dangerous mission was a bad idea. The fact that Marlon didn't want to risk Gilroy though... Was that just because the Priscus didn't trust the worm or was there more going on?

"How is the Family doing?" he asked. For a moment it would have been easy to see Gilroy as Igor, if the constant suspicion of being a traitorous snake hadn't been brought to the fore by the curse. There was an implicit question underneath 'how was Marlon at being Priscus?'
    Mask of Tranquility

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Garrick grimaces which then shifts into a scowl. "We had one new Family member show up. Guy walked right in like a bad impression of fucking Jack Sparrow and talked to the Prince."

"I talked with him a bit, claimed he worked on a boat on the east coat years ago. Said some gibberish names. Haven't seen him since that night. Don't know if the Prince had him taken care of for acting like an idiot at Court or if he ran." The white eyed man shrugs, doesn't really matter now does it.

"Really? Wouldn't have guessed that's what she does. Don't really know anyone that does that though."

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"Yes, she mentioned it during a meeting. I'd have to check my notes for where she works but you could probably ask her if you wanted. She seemed fairly open about it."

Kenneth listened to the story about the mystery Haunt. A small part of Gilroy's mind wondered if Marlon wasn't being completely honest. Both options were plausible but there was a third option. Garrick could have killed the new arrival. Wouldn't it be safer to destroy the white-eyed Beast before Gilroy became the next target? He pushed the instinct back again.

"Probably for the best. Our Clan has a difficult enough time making good impressions as it is." He made a mental note to warn his Grandsire if any 'Jack Sparrows' came to Boston.

The disgusting Kindred glanced around fervently for a couple seconds. It sounded like Garrick had done a fair enough job of keeping out of trouble and strengthening the Necropolis. Maybe not as Kenneth would have done it but everyone had their own goals and ways. Which, in a way, led to the question Gilroy didn't want to ask. He wasn't quite sure how to phrase it so it a) didn't sound insulting or b) didn't sound threatening or challenging.

"So, would you like to remain as Priscus then? I would be glad to support you if that's the case."

Not the best word smithing the underworld had ever seen. Inside his head, Gilroy uttered a futile prayer. He cringed waiting for a reply.
    Mask of Tranquility

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"I'll probably pass on asking about that but thank you." Maybe if Garrick could get drunk he'd ask but being dead sucks. It'd be so easy...the worm is a nerd.

"We do and those of us who decide to act out don't help." A grimace forms as Garrick remembers that pirate. "I know our Family can have its oddities but I just don't get some people." It's like they don't want to live another night.

"As long as you don't want it then I'll continue with it yep. I appreciate support, still getting used to all this."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread