Ended
Watch
11 - 16
DISPLAYED
Park It

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Emrys

PRE

Emrys smirked a bit at Flidais's response. He was curious if the people who lacked steady constituents would still shine when new ones arrived, but that was a thought for another time.

"The notes." Emrys echoed as he reached into his backpack. It was visibly stuffed with the notebooks, as it took him several trips without the thing to carry them before. "I found these in a shed where the anchor was being held. There was also a torn page I returned to the notebook it came from. None of them are what you'd call good condition, but they are still legible. It's mostly high end mathematics and a refrain I never did figure out."

He shrugged, fairly certain it was just crazy person mumbo jumbo.

Emrys handed one of the set to Flidais for examination. Not the first, but the next one down the line. "There are some experiments in the earliest book which was translated from Japanese. I don't have definitive evidence for how, but logically speaking something had to draw the attention of the beast in the first place."

Because he felt dirty thinking it as a Libertine, but Star had a point about being skeptical about why people would want to read that particular book.

Flidais examines the page, treating it like it was both delicate and incredibly important, it was clear she did not treat such information lightly, as her brows furrowed a tension entered her face. *How could someone want to destroy this! Scared ape's the lot of them!*

"The fact there is something there not figured out has me worried, based on your report, this time everything was resolved with no issue... Flidais falls into a silence for a few moments as she ponders, she couldn't make heads or tails of the notes, but something about it tugged on her, maybe if she was smarter, maybe if she was like Faust or Miach she would be able to make sense of it. But no, she was a shaman and listened to her gut, her gut told her that there was something of value to someone here. She hands it back to Emrys treating it with the same respect as when it was first handed to her.

"If you haven't worked it out by now, I am a blunt person. Is there anything reasonable myself personally or my order could do to gain those notes?"
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Emrys

PRE

"These specific books? No."

The Enchanter shook his head, depositing the books back in his backpack and zipping it up.

"I've agreed to keep them instead of burning them, but I intend to remain their custodian. However, as I promised at Concilium, I'll write up everything I know about the monster itself, the symptoms of it's victims, and how we resolved it all in a report to send to the Sigil Holders. I'll send a copy to the museum if the Mysterium wants a copy for their records, but I don't feel the need to share the experiments that brought the creature here in the first place."

He shrugged. In Emrys' mind it was already a fair compromise, so the idea of negotiating terms wasn't one he intended to humor.

Flidais nods and accepts her disappointment, she doesn't hide it but doesn't try to use it to milk sympathy,she's just being honest with her emotions.

"I wish it were otherwise but I understand your choice. Although with mages leaving the city at random I worry about what would happen to the notes of you leave. Do other members of your group have access? As I remember them being a bit fire happy. But yes the copy would he appreciated, also a boom and page count would be appreciated incase they ever get lost, retrieved and have been modified between by a third party."
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

Emrys

PRE

Did Emrys just get a homework assignment?

"They do not at the moment." The Enchanter said answering her question. "And the only definitions of boom I know are the explosion and the base of a sail, so can you clarify on that? Because if burning is bad I doubt you want me to blow them up."

If there's nothing else are we good to wrap?

Flidais looked puzzled for a second and then gave a brief sensible chuckle. "Did I say boom? Uh... I think I meant to say description or description of the book, but I must have just had something else on the mind. Sorry bout that. Anyway if you ever need a hand with this or something else I'd be happy to talk things over." Flidais finishes with a smile, although the last remnants of disappointment still linger throughout her expression.

Sure if you want to wrap we can.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread