Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Park It

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Emrys

PRE

Ancil Hoffman Park.

With three hundred acres and a beach along the river there were plenty of things to keep sleepers busy while the mages wandered into the forest. Twilight drew near as the sun began to fade from the evening sky. There was still light to wander the trails and under that light Emrys made his way into the forest. He checked the map a few times, making sure he was as deep as he could go to ensure privacy.

A backpack carried what was promised with a copy of the lex, and Emrys proceeded to pace anxiously beneath a tree just off the path. He normally wasn't one to fret over bad luck, but something about trying to cast his armor this morning had him more then a little worried.

24 hr Temp Dodge and a fuck you too dice roller!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-12-06 01:02:24 Emrys rolls 4 to Imp Temporal Dodge (Gno+Time+HS-2 Advanced Prolongation-2 Retry) (10 Again) 1, 7, 1, 8 1 success
    2015-12-06 01:01:56 Emrys rolls 5 to Imp Temporal Dodge (Gno+Time+HS-2 Advanced Prolongation-1 Retry) (10 Again) 7, 7, 4, 7, 4 failure
    2015-12-06 01:01:31 Emrys rolls 6 to Imp Temporal Dodge (Gno+Time+HS-2 Advanced Prolongation) (10 Again) 7, 3, 6, 1, 4, 2 failure

Dice roller is fun!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-12-06 05:34:52 Sense life Cloaked rolls 8 to Life + Gno + HS (10 Again) 4, 2, 9, 6, 8, 3, 8, 3 3 successes
    2015-12-06 05:33:44 Life Sight Cloaked rolls 6 to Life + Gno + HS - 2 advanced duration (10 Again) 6, 1, 10, 5, 7, 5, 5 1 success
    2015-12-06 05:32:13 Life armour (Cloaked) rolls 5 to Life + Gno + HS - 2 advanced duration - penalty (10 Again) 6, 8, 8, 10, 6, 1 3 successes
    2015-12-06 05:31:04 Life armour (Cloaked, Mana paid by Hallow) rolls 6 to Life + Gno + HS - 2 advanced duration (10 Again) 5, 7, 2, 5, 7, 2 failure

Flidais jogged through the park with a spring in her step and a smile on her face, next to her bounded along Puppy, together the two were having a grand time, having arrived slightly earlier Flidais spent the time exploring and playing but now was heading over to the meeting place. "It's good to get out and run sometime isn't it?" Flidais asks Puppy who just responds with an enthusiastic tail wag. "So we are meeting a friend ok? So no silly business, Emrys is a friend. Flidais placed extra emphasise on the word Friend as she talked to Puppy.

With a flushed face from exercise and a smile that comes from the joy of using ones body Flidais spoke as she approached Emrys. "How's it going? This is Puppy, my companion. " Flidais introduced her dog to the enchanter, the pack should get to know new acquaintances, especially one that picks such a nice place for a meeting.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Emrys

PRE

Oh.

The pacing stopped and the Enchanter smiled to the Thyrsus as his gaze nervously looked down at the dog. To Flidais it might have looked like someone expecting an attack dog, but it was an instinctive recoil from the walking barking Sympathy factory. His eyes darted about for a few moments looking for the scrying window but gave up when he didn't find anything.

"Heyyyyy." He said through clenched teeth as he was introduced to Puppy. Eyes fell to the ground as a hand was extended towards the animal. Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean you should give them a reason to maul you later.

"I'm alright. Long day, but we're not here to talk about that." The Enchanter looked around their surroundings for other people, but so close to the parks closing time there were none this deep. "So where do you want to start? Lex or journals?"

A slight frown crosses Flidais's face as Emrys reacts obviously to the appearance of Puppy. "Don't worry, she doesn't bite unless I tell her to. I already told her your someone to be nice to." and true to her word Puppy was nice, sniffing enthusiastically and tail wagging happily, it didn't take much to amuse a dog, or bring joy for that matter, Flidais briefly thought about that before putting it aside for further contemplation later.

"Let's get the easiest part out of the way, I read the copy of the lex that was made available to me as well as the precedents however it never clearly explained what it means for something to be a verdict, as far as it's influence on future issues. I was curious, because if the suggestion was being rolled into hubris then wouldn't punching a one of us be a minor and punching a Muggle a major? That's what I wanted to understand, so I could consider the ramifications of what I was voting on. " Flidais spoke conversationally whilst she took off her little backpack, took out a small bowl, filled it with water and placed it down for Puppy to drink.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

Emrys

PRE

"Cool?"

Eyebrows arched up, as if he was still asking if it Puppy was safe. The dog's enthusiasm was noted as the suspicion subsided just slightly. He didn't pet her, in fact he still avoided contact lest he get any sympathy on him. Dogs might not understand Sympathy but other mages would definitely be suspicious of him if he left with an easy link to the Councilor.

"You are correct." The Enchanter said, returning his attention to the familiar. "Like we said at the meeting, verdicts are decisions on cases and those decisions form guidelines for the future. Did you look into Common Law at all?"

Because learning was a two way street. If the student wanted to learn she needed to do more then run in a park.

"Normally a verdict involves a jury, and an actual case where the verdict is the decision, either guilty or innocent, or a plaintiff or defendant favouring ruling, that is what the verdict is normally. That is not what is presented in the version of the lex that was supplied, for each breach a punishment is given and that is called the verdict, since words are being used differently I cannot assume what little I know or that I can find on google carries over." Flidais continues in a conversational tone, although the tone of Emrys was starting to get more annoying, did everyone in this city think they were the bee's knees? Maybe it goes back though, appearance of power is power, ask any male in breeding season trying to protect their mate(s) from other suitors. Maybe that was it? No one actually knows what they are doing so best to act wise and strong and belittle people bringing up 'obvious problems'.

"So I should just then assume that Verdicts in the lex are, the punishments? Do we have the power to change the punishment on a case by case basis?"
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

Emrys

PRE

She did do research then. Props for that.

"The Councilors are the jury and judges, Factotums the lawyers. Verdicts are standards, text book answers for text book court cases. Circumstances, previous rulings, and our own judgement are the major factors for ruling on new cases."

He shrugged as he lowered his own backpack to the ground, content to let it's contents linger in the background as they discussed far more interesting things.

"If you don't mind me asking, what made you decide to step up as a Councilor for your Path?"

Flidais gives a brief sigh as if an annoyance had been lifted from her mind.
    "Thank you! That's just what I was looking to hear, I wasn't sure because it wasn't spelled out anywhere, at least in what I could find, but then again books were never my thing growing up so I always feel a bit like I am playing catch up when I research that way." Flidais replied, genuine appreciation in her voice. She continued the conversation tone throughout the next response.

"Striker didn't want it, he was looking to hand it off once I was settled into the city. I was, and still a bit shocked at the state of things, especially with how few of my order are here, I'd like to get some representation for us in the council as well. Lastly, with Striker gone who else is there to pick up the duty? We all have our own separate piece of the truth, it would be negligent to abandon mine. So I guess, a sense of duty is why I stepped up, to my order and my fellow mages. How about yourself?" Flidais asked, wanting to know the other councillor's reason since he asked of hers.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

Emrys

PRE

"You're more then welcome." Emrys responded, returning the Shaman's conversational tone. He sat in silence as Flidais outlined her reasons for taking her seat. Duty was one of the reasons Emrys most respected, but that respect was tinged as she put duty to the Mysterium before her Path.

"It's good that you didn't leave the Shamans unrepresented." He started, choosing to acknowledge the good rather then harp on the bad. "As for me, I was chosen by my path. I pursued it pretty aggressively before that, but that turned out to be a lesson on priorities and methodology. After that I tried to keep my cool and serve the Path as Provost. When my predecessor left town we had a Path meeting and me and July traded some strong verbal blows. He left, and at the end my Path chose me to represent them. I don't think he realizes it, but I think my fight with July showed the Enchanters I could handle the position without just attacking the other person. It might be that the guy that hates my guts was the crucible that allowed my rise to Councilor."

He shrugged as he considered the reasons Councilor Faye wasn't here right now before plopping down on the ground next to his backpack. "Getting a seat on the Council is about responsibility and trust. Holding that seat is the real test of knowledge and reasoning. Understanding the laws that bind the Concilium together while trying to resolve conflicts and disputes is where people rise and fall. The Councilors with a stable and content constituency that manage to keep their office are the ones that earn their seat."

The Enchanter's lip twitched up into a smile, as if the last bit was his personal challenge. The fact the Enchanters didn't call a meeting to tan his hide was the unspoken acknowledgement he was growing from the loud mouth that was so bratty he ensured Pepper's rise to office into someone capable of filling the Ladder's not so small political shoes.

"Well yeah I have the trust of all the Thyrsi in the city after all." Flidais said rather sarcastically, afterall she was the only Thyrsus left in the city after Striker left. "And I agree that understanding is important, hence why I tried to get some questions answered, it is important to fully understand what is happening and to try and avoid assumptions." Flidais continued the conversation before changing the topic.
    "So then, shall we discuss the notes?"
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread