DISPLAYED
(1512) Regan and Roth

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"Either is fine," says Konrad with a subtle shrug of his shoulders. "Though the reason I wanted to talk to you involves my role as Prefect of the Movement. Though not much a role now, I guess. With Marco's...departure and the absence of our Myrmidon the title doesn't really have the same oomf to it. But I figure, you never know what the future holds." If Konrad is upset about Marco's death he doesn't seem to show it now.

"So, anyways, to start, mind if I ask what your opinion is on the Carthian Movement?" The question is probing, checking to see how informed David is on their new-age political group.

C
    Casitive

David's enigmatic smile eases into placid neutrality with such gentleness as to be akin to an exhale. “The populations of our covenants rise and fall like the tide.” Commiserating on a point common to both Dragons and the Movement sets the stage. Dull-brown eyes study the Savage, wondering if Konrad will be a Salesman like Marco or actually speak to the Movement.

Unfortunately for Marco, David has had a lot of experience with the Carthians and their Experiments, being a son of Minneapolis-St. Paul. The Shadow decides to reveal that tidbit to Konrad.

In general?” David asks as though requesting confirmation, “It depends on the people and it depends on the vision leading the group.” Understanding that answer might be broad David continues, “As for the local Movement, I haven't formed an opinion due to how small the group has been during my time here. Back in Minneapolis, the Movement held the reigns of power.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"No kidding? Never knew that about Minneapolis. I heard that Houston's the same way though. Seems the Movement's ideals have really taken off there. Least that's what Marco let on." Maybe he should have stayed there too, considering how things ended up for him. But perhaps his prideful nature would have followed him wherever he ended up.

"So, in general, you'd say that the Movement has its merits? Well maybe we can talk a little about vision then. Since I joined up with the Movement I've been trying to push us towards more cooperative ventures. Not just within the Movement but with all Kindred in the Domain. Now, I'm not all too familiar with the Ordo Dracul's teachings. It's something to do with personal growth, like, right? In any case I've found Dragons to be very reasonable Kindred. It attracts all sorts. Former Regent Hound Dog, my Clan's former Priscus, Keeper Villiers, Mr. Black, and yourself of course. All sorts, but very reasonable. And so I'd like to look for opportunities between our Covenants for some sort of reasonable cooperation."

Konrad makes mild hand gestures as he speaks, as if attempting to paint a picture by rolling and bending his wrists, though there's no real information conveyed in this.

"Just something to think about. I'm not expecting you to agree to anything by putting you on the spot. See, mostly I just want to make sure there's no problems between our Covenants. As the Grand Wyrm I figure you're someone who commands the respect of your Order and you'd be aware of any problems between our members. You understand, right?"

C
    Casitive

I do,” David replies in a confident note. Unlike Konrad, David is very still. Here, he doesn't need to pretend that he's alive with the conspicuous desire to use his hands to talk. Instead, the Grand Wyrm continues to study the Savage. Eyes flicker to his moving hands before they return to Konrad's face.

In a matter of speaking, you are right about the Ordo Dracul.” Of course, Konrad's statement about the Order is so broad as to be nearly meaningless. Every covenant is about personal growth in the end: absolute control, flexibility to follow the trends of the herd, spiritual ascension. Still, there is something to be said about assuaging the fragile ego of a weak Kindred and Konrad's imprecision suits David just fine. “Every idea has merit. It is all contingent on the execution.

A moment passes before David states, “Do you have any thoughts as to how that cooperation might look like? I had a long chat about philosophy with Marco a little while ago over some baseball. Did he mention that to you?” Of course, Marco sounded like a shill without really understanding what he was trying to sell; but David gives Konrad the benefit of the doubt.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"Mm," Konrad makes a show of thoughtfulness as he wracks his memory for any mention of philosophy and baseball. "Er, he might have. Never took him for a sports fan though," he answers uncertainly.

"As for what I had in mind, I would have had a lot more to offer before when we were at full strength. But for now I can only speak for myself and Miss d'Orleans. Haven't been able to find Ms. Cohen lately to touch base there. The Dragons seem to have a lot of information of a more mystic nature. The old and occult, like. And we Carthians have a network of current events, with our ears to the ground. I'm thinking we could do an exchange of information from time to time. Nothing too elaborate. Just something we can build off of. Any favors beyond that could be handled in the usual way. And we'd let our organizations know to be available to assist each other."

Kindred have a lot of time to spare. And they have time to build trust and cooperation, so long as they start off in that direction.

C
    Casitive

Who Benefits?

Johan Fisher always asked that of his childe, especially after David observed the man's dealings. In a way, David thinks Johan was preparing his childe for work within the Mystery Sworn. It's not a path David ended up taking in the end, but it is knowledge David reaches for now.

While the trends of the Kine are of interest, tracking catalysts and Change, David wonders if that isn't better found by the Dragons themselves. After all, Dragons also have their 'ears to the ground.' It certainly would be more instructive. Even so, all knowledge is worth having.

I'll give it some thought,” the Shadow replies in a voice full of schooled neutrality. Nothing concrete is given in the statement, especially dodging any pledges without anything substantial for David to sink his fangs into. Pledges and promises aren't substantial.

The fact of the matter is, the Movement would benefit far more than the Order will. Besides, the Invictus offers the Order more.

I think Fernandez was surprised I like baseball. The Twins, obviously.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad seems pleased, despite the neutral reply David gives him. Almost as if it were more than he expected. He doesn't pursue the topic and instead follows along in the subject change.

"I'd probably favor the Dodgers, personally. Gotta go with a West division team. I used to follow Fernando Valenzuela's pitching after he got that Rookie of the Year back in the 80's I think it was. Used to be the talk of the town while I was in LA. El Toro, they used to call him. Guess it's been a few decades since I really followed baseball though. I think I might've heard that they got taken out in the playoffs this year."

"How've the Twins been doing? You still keep tabs on them?" he asks, indulging in the exchange of sports trivia.

C
    Casitive

Much to my dismay,” David replies through a small smile, his tone that of a long-suffering fan. “We came in second to the Royals this year, but second didn't get us out of the AL Central Division. I guess you can say we're solidly mediocre.” Every fan is the same, David is no exception, where it is always the 'royal we.' Though he isn't a player, their victories are everyone's victories and their losses are everyone's losses.

I think the Dodgers were taken out by the Mets. They were the second biggest surprise to come out in the past year, the biggest being the Cubs.” Because, who really saw that coming other than Robert Zemeckis? Shifting on his weight, David casts his gaze out into the sea of ash and blood.

Another new one ( Frost ) crosses the threshold, her beast a wee thing and so new as to be unnoticed if she was simply gone. Squashing the seed of the thought beneath the proverbial heel, David asides to Konrad, “... and the band played on.” The Requiem continues and there will always be starry-eyed newcomers looking for a home.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"Figures it'd be a New York team. Least it wasn't the Yankees. Ah well, always next year." And the year after that and so on. Given their eternal Danse, it seems appropriate that their kind would follow teams with a history as old as they are. It's interesting to discover that David, at least, held an interest in Kine sports. He ponders the possibilities of placing bets for the next season.

Konrad's gaze follows David's as he turns subtly to glance at the subject of his attention. The Gangrel's Beast rushes to the bars, snapping its jaws between the mental barriers that hold it in place. It's not worth the fuss. But a new piece on the board is at least worthy of note.

"Hm, I wonder what team she plays for," he says to voice his curiosity. Not one of the Haunts, that he could tell. Didn't seem to fit into the Daeva's mold either, considering the way their tastes fell. As a Priscus it fell on him to check it out.

"Shall we ask?" he asks his fellow Priscus.

C
    Casitive

David's head cants back and forth, accepting the statement of hope without comment. 'Always next year,' is something David is used to saying; even though for him, next year never came. The scarecrow of a man has a strange relationship with 'hope.' Hope is important as a concept that bolsters the spirit, pushing a person forward; but Hope, itself, doesn't solve problems. It isn't magic.

As the Shadow Priscus regards the newcomer, he searches for those signs that might mark her clan. Unlike Konrad, these signs aren't written into the woman's blonde-hair or sky-blue eyes. The signs the Dragon searches for are colors and jewelry, rather than an appearance that David knows is malleable.

Finally, David nods succinctly, “We should. Lead the way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread