Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Drinks with the Sentinel

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    M
    Matrixchild

Bars told a lot about the mood and setting of a meeting. Seedy bar? Seedy meeting. Too high class? Maybe they'd think it was a date. Was it a date? Nevermind. It's not often though that a place could be nice and actually called a Dive Bar. Nothing said interesting like half-naked women swimming in a fish tank above the bar.

July had gotten a seat, away from the bar (though with a clear view of the mermaids) and a decent distance from the, most likely local, band playing that night. There was enough privacy to talk, but not enough to be nearly as frank as one could be in their normal society. He kept an eye out for his drinking partner, waiting for her arrival while a scotch sat on the table in front of him.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx actually stopped short when she stepped into the bar and was met with the sight of women swimming about in fish tanks. She laughed softly, shaking her head. When he'd said laid back, she'd expected... something else. That's what she got for making assumptions.

She spotted July a moment later, sitting at a table some distance from the bar, back in a private corner where they'd be able to talk without drawing too much attention. She shot him a smile, stopped at the bar on the way over to get herself a drink, and then approached. "Hey." She set her glass of cranberry juice and vodka down on the table with a clink, and then sat down, looking amused. "Nice place. Not remotely what I expected, but still, nice."

M
    Matrixchild

He looked down for a moment to sip his scotch and he heard the same voice he'd heard on the phone and Consilium. He looked up and smirked at her comment. "Well, you know, figured it'd be an interesting sight," he said, gesturing to the tank.

With the scotch in hand he gestured towards a seat at the table and waited for her to sit. Once seated, he focused on her and said, "how are you finding the town so far?" He hadn't really spoken much to her, just her offering her card and the phone call. In retrospect he realized he didn't know a single thing about her, other than her sultry appearance. He imagined many people suffered from visual overload when talking to her.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx took a second look around the room at July's gesture towards the tank. Interesting was certainly an appropriate word for it.

She returned her attention to him at his question, though, and took a sip of her drink while she considered her answer. "I like it, so far. There are certainly some interesting people about. Haven't found a home yet, but it's coming along," she answered, wondering idly if he realized what she meant by 'home.' It didn't matter that much, she supposed.

After a pause, she smirked, and then added, "Though if I didn't know better, I might think you all are anxious to scare newcomers away, with all the stories of how nasty it can get around here."

M
    Matrixchild

As the conversation started, July reached out to Fate, imagined the Imago, and requested privacy. He asked for others to stay away unless summoned. To allow them to speak, not totally candid, but enough that they didn't talk in circles. He could feel it take effect and continued on.

With a smirk July took another sip of his scotch. "Yeah. The home search can be hit or miss. I went to a meeting of all the loners to make a group. Then I got an invitation to another and figured the latter was a better fit. Sometimes it takes time to find that place you fit. Sometimes you get lucky like I did. Then again, luck runs in my blood," he said with a short chuckle. Sometimes he enjoyed path jokes, when they were subtle enough.

Her next comment brought a somber look to his face, though he hide it briefly as he took another sip. He looked down into his glass as he spoke. "It is pretty nasty at times. Some fucked up shit is going on." He looked up to her as he continued. "Though I'm fine with newcomers, always good to have the extra help. The question is: are you scared?" he said, giving her an inquisitive look.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-11-27 21:58:22 July rolls 4 to Shifting the Odds (fate+gnos) (10 Again) 8, 8, 9, 5 3 successes

-1 Mana for Shifting the Odds

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx echoed his chuckle at the little joke he made about luck in his blood. It certainly did at that.

She took another sip of her drink to consider his question without letting the silence run on too awkwardly. When she was finished, she chewed her lip, her gaze lifting to the ceiling for a moment. "Scared is a funny word. On the one hand, a little fear in the face of your fucked up shit seems natural and entirely rational. On the other... I don't know. Scared, to me, sounds like a little kid hiding under the covers hoping the monster will go away. I'm afraid, sure. A little dose of fear is a good way to make sure you survive. Scared though? That implies an unwillingness or inability to take action in the face of fear. And that, I am not." She smiled. "Though I suppose I'm at an unfair advantage. It would be... difficult to scare me."

M
    Matrixchild

July watched her intently as she reasoned through fear and its multi-faceted nature. He liked how she described it, with the kid hiding under the bed from monsters. He felt that some in the city were those scared children. That some were hiding from the monsters. Only problem was there were real monsters in the city. Monster capable of terrible things. Maybe he was even one of them. Could this seductive woman, sitting across from him talking about being difficult to scare, truly understand what he was capable of, let alone their enemies? He also admired that she wasn't afraid to swear. Always a sexy trait in a woman.

"I'm glad to hear you're willing to help. That's something I always like in a person. I wonder though, what makes you difficult to scare?" Was it her status as a mage? When you live in a world with the abyss you can never be truly prepared. Never be too confident you've 'seen it all.' Maybe it was something else, something secret. And if so, would she reveal it?

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx chuckled lightly at his question, her eyes dancing with amusement. "Ah, I only meant that I have a certain amount of control over my own emotions, beyond the capabilities of the average person. Not to suggest that it's impossible to scare me or anything... Just that I don't exactly startle easily, in a manner of speaking." After all, it really would be difficult to scare any half-competent warlock. One would think, anyway. While others might be inclined towards panic, towards making rash decisions, Varyx generally liked to think she tended not to make such foolish mistakes. It would be particularly egregious if she did, considering her capabilities.

M
    Matrixchild

"Ahhh," he said, his head going up as he said it. If she could control emotions she probably knew Mind, which meant she was possibly a Warlock. If so good for Avis. She was pretty alone in that department for a while. "That's good to hear. It's always good to have control over yourself. I should learn to work on that. I got a little heated at the last meeting. To be honest I'm surprised you approached me after that show. But then again, as you say, you don't startle easily," he said with a soft smirk.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx smirked back at him, draining what was left of her drink before placing the empty glass down on the table with a clink. "I might have been less inclined to approach you if you'd been the only heated one there, but it seems to me like everyone in this town burns a little hot. The way I remember it, your friend got unreasonable before you got heated. Displays of anger are sometimes necessary," she answered, shrugging. Her smirk widened in to a grin, or would have, if she hadn't bit her lip in a doomed attempt to contain it. She leaned slightly toward him, leaning against her folded forearms on the table. Her voice lowered subtly, just enough to make it clear - if he was paying attention - that she was flirting with him. "Besides, there are those who respect something a little more primal than cold composure."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 17

You do not have permission to view the list of names.