THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

In the Blue Note a tasteful quiet reigns, broken only by the light strains of soft music.

In the Blue Note the lighting is subdued, drawing out the dark wood of the booths and heightening the shadows that dwell there.

Its a slow night; the staff look as though they would welcome the company. Crowley has claimed a booth and is positioned so he can watch the front door. He has a soft drink tonight: the cool glass sits perspiring by his left hand, whose fingers idly experiment with a tune while he waits.

A smile quirks at his lips. He is barely restraining it.

Faye Orianna

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She would have been lying if she didn’t admit it felt weird to be back in Sacramento. But she kept finding herself drawn back. Was it the people? Maybe, most had always been welcoming of her. Whatever it was, here she was again, pulling into a parking space near The Blue Note.

As she walks in, she takes in the club, from the soft lights, to the color of the booths. So far this was a place she could see herself visiting again. She had dressed pretty casual, jeans, tank top and a leather jacket.

Blue eyes then scan the room, which was oddly not very busy, before settling upon Crowley. A smile appeared as she made her way over, happy to see a friendly face.

“Hey there.” She says with a warm smile, sliding into the booth across from him.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"And there she is!"

Crowley beams - the grin almost exploding from his face.

"Welcome back! How you been? Oh... Uh... Take a seat. Drink?"

Eyes sparkled in the light.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Seeing Crowley beam like that brought another smile to her face.

“Thanks, feels good to be back.” Which was true, familiar faces is just what she needed.

“Umm, better now.” She says, her voice softer, eyes briefly looking down.

Looking back to him, “Sure, maybe just a water.” She didn’t really feel like a beer right now. Maybe later. “How about you? How've you been?"

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley made the order. While he waited for the pitcher of frosted glass to arrive, he continued.

"Okay. Kinda."

A hand hovered, demonstrating 50-50.

"Got beat badly. Lost my position to... change. Yelled at some people (maybe unfairly). Got wrapped up in too much work with my team. You know, that sort of thing."

His thoughts turned sombre as he went for his coke.

"Oh yeah... I should tell you before someone else does. Striker has left. Gone on sabbatical. Or something."

Once he had considered building a Cabal with the beautiful Enchantress and the crazy one-armed Shaman. That chance was long gone now.

"Kinda stressful. For me, I guess. Its been a bit of a grind for us all, really. Your old team seems to be riding high though."

6. Likes West liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Her eyes widen at hearing about him losing his position. “That sucks! I always thought you were great at your job. But maybe Fate has something else planned for you.” She says with a smile. It was weird like that, taking something away only to gift with something better. Or worse…depending on how fickle it was feeling.

Striker was gone?! That news took her off guard, her mouth opens then closes as she processes the news.
    “Did something happen? Is he ok?” there was concern in her voice. “Him and I didn’t leave on the best of terms, and I was hoping to patch things up.” well, patch up the friendship, anything more just wasn’t her.

Life was stressful enough without adding looking over your shoulder for Banishers. Would this city ever get it’s shit together and work as one?

“Stressful is no good, life is too short for stress. Especially with our line of work.” She adds with a wink.

At the mention of her ‘old team’, she looks down at her hands, rubbing her thumb across a nail. Sighing, “They're good people, and work well together. But I don’t think I was actually a good fit with them. I’m more,” she looks up, “social and not as much physical. Then again, not quite sure where I fit in anymore.” She shrugs.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"He was a Sentinel for a while. Not sure exactly why he left but from what I saw, he tried to ensure the loose ends were dealt with."

He took a sip of his drink.

"Amen sister." He could not help but grin at her response to the stress remark.

"As for the other stuff... I guess I could talk with my study group. We could always do with another and we are pretty small. Or you could wait, I guess. The only other viable group at the moment is your old team; the other's have kinda withered on the vine, so to speak. There should be some new teams coming up soon."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

One shoulder lifts in a half shrug, “Whatever his reason, I’m sure it was good. I just wish him luck in whatever he’s doing.” On the brightside, it would make things a little less awkward.

She shakes her head, “Oh, I hope you don’t think I meant you had to get me into your group or anything. I was just kinda thinking out loud and all that.” Not to mention she wanted to earn her way back into the community. It was almost a guarantee that trust had been broken with more than one person. “And I’m sure not many people think I’m reliable. Not that I could blame them.” Her track record wasn’t all that good.

“How are things as a whole?”

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley took a careful sip of his drink before he responded, clearly trying to frame his thoughts. At last, he said:

"Tense. Things are tense..."

"I lost my position as Herald - too much arguing... well... jumping on Avis... I guess. Maybe that was the tipping point - I dunno. But things are tense... The ah... leadership committee is bedded down now, so they gotta start acting like they mean it. And with the number of teams whittling down to two about now - guess who they are! - with a few stragglers round the edges, yeah things are kinda raw. Quietly raw, you know. Not like we all jumping to fight one another."

"The educational issue is limping forward and might be at the point where things get real. At least, I think it might. We kinda shed first blood, if you catch my drift. Not that we were really that successful, mind. But we shook something loose. Definitely, it will stir the pot."

He stopped speaking and cast a searching eye over the club, seeking potential eavesdroppers.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She almost laughed bitterly when he said things were tense. It seemed to be a thing with the community.

Faye shock her head, “Wow, considering how much arguing had been going down before I left I’m surprised they singled you out in it. I dunno, I’ve always thought of you as a voice of reason, cool headed and laid back. So for you to ‘jump’ on her, things must have been bad.”

Her fingers absently wipe at the condensation forming on the glass.

Well, something had to give, and it was only a matter of time before someone moved first.” If it was good that it was them remained to be seen. She usually avoided conflict.

“But if things are heating up, I’m going to need to find a group quick. Or find others not in a group and make one. How about our specific group? Has the leadership changed? Cause I’m gonna need to touch base and all that.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread