Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
I Drink My Coffee at Night

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    M
    Matrixchild

"Isn't ironic that mothers tend to be the biggest culprit when it comes to teaching young girls what men want woman to be?" she said with a smirk. "But I completely agree, be yourself and let people take you as you are."

"Same here, I only know what I've heard, nothing through experience. I know with me I find it hard to trust one person, let alone a whole group of them. I've spent a lot of time on my own as well. Get betrayed or mistreated one too many times and you start to worry about who's gonna be the next one." It was a sadder statement then she'd made, but she felt her cousin may understand. Trust was a hard thing for people, let alone their kind.

She sat there thinking for a second about what Ale had just said before it clicked. Suddenly a look of recognition came over her and she said, "Oh right, special skills. Those special skills." She nodded her head with a look on her face that said she understood. Sometimes subtlety was not her strong suit.

Realizing how obvious she'd just made things she quickly shifted to the next topic and said, "I know right? What if gun shop on one side," she said pointing to Ale, "and gym on the other," she said gesturing to herself. "That'd be super cool right?"

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

“It is, you would think a mother would be the one to encourage their daughters to be themselves. I would be putting it lightly when I say my mom was disappointed that I went into the family business with my dad instead of allowing her to ‘mold’ me.” She says, making little motions with her fingers when she said mold.

Her head nods excitedly as she agreed, “Exactly! Trust is such a hard thing to come by these days. But time has taught me not everyone is out to get you.” But that would never lower her walls. “Our Family seem to be real good people though, and I think they’re worth trusting.” She said with honesty. “But I totally get it takes time.” Hoping Brittany wouldn’t feel like she was pushing her trust their Family.

She chuckles to herself, wondering if she really got what she meant. Though she probably didn’t, and that was ok. She hadn’t disclosed her ties to the Mafia.

An elbow rests on the table as a finger taps against her lips, she was thinking over what Brittany said. “You know what, that is just different enough to maybe work! But I would probably try and put the range in like a basement, just for safety reasons.” And it would be easier to have a special entrance for Kindred that way. “But yeah, I like it. Great idea!” she praised honesty.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

M
    Matrixchild

"But isn't it really a daughter's job to disappoint their mothers?" she said with a chuckle. "If it was up to my mother I'd definitely never have learned how to fight. Then again I guess fighting against her 'molding', as you put it, was, like, my first great battle," she said with a smirk. "One point for me!"

"Well the family I've met totally seems nice. I do like to hold off on trust until I've know people a little longer, but if they've got your seal of approval that goes a long way towards trusting them," she said with a smile. Ale so far seemed like a good person, maybe not someone she could automatically trust, but definitely someone she wanted to trust.

Brittany nodded her head in agreement. "Makes sense. Totally makes sense. I mean like, bullets going this way and that. Disaster for business." Smiling again she said, "Thanks, we can look into that after we eventually spar," adding a laugh at the end.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

She laughs, “That is certainly a point for you. My mom wanted me to follow in her foots steps as a home wife who put together charity events for politicians and the like. The family business was a better fit though. But maybe in a way we should thank them, they made us see who we wanted to be.” Sometimes it was good to put a positive spin on things.

Nodding, “Understandable. Maybe we should have a girls night with Katya sometime soon! Go out on the town and get to know each other.” It could be fun.

“Definite disaster for business, and not good for publicity.” She agreed. “Good idea, cause we’re gonna need to see if there is an interest in something like that, plus see if there is a place to build one. Not to mention see how much it would cost to start and keep running. But we’re both smart girls, we got this.” She says with a wink. With her contacts growing, she hoped her income would as well.

M
    Matrixchild

Brittany made a playful disgusted face, "Ew gross. I think you're much more interesting the way you turned out, but you're right, if they hadn't pushed us away we wouldn't be who we are. So in a strange way they did the right thing for us in the end," she said with a smirk.

"That sounds really fun. I could totally use a girls night out. And wow, sparing and girls nights, look at me, new to town and already making plans," she said with a chuckle.

"Oh definitely, we got this. I think we could offer training, to the right people of course. That would certainly draw some attention. Once I'm more settled and get my finances under control we can come back to this idea. I'm excited to try and make it happen though!" Brittany wasn't sure when they would be able to do this, or even if they could, but thinking of the future gave her some peace. She hadn't thought of the future in a long time.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing, “What? You can’t picture me in a fancy dress, no tattoos and all prim?” she says in mock shock. “Some of what she taught me comes in handy for our big meetings and parties though, so it wasn’t all in vain.” Knowing how to dress and conduct yourself in Kindred society was an art all in itself.

“Katya and I got together when I first got here and it really helped us get to know each other and all that. And yeah, being new in town does not excuse you from making plans and living it up! And who knows, maybe we’ll even find some cute guys.” She was always looking for new faces for her Herd.

She nods as she listens, “Defiantly. Plus in the meantime we can still work out ideas and whatnot. Especially where we would want to put it.” A business would have to be in a good location, which meant Tenancy. And that wasn’t something gained overnight or just handed out, they’d need to earn it. “There is always the possibility of bringing in some investors or something. Once we get a solid plan down and all that.” But she hoped they wouldn’t have to bring anyone else in.

M
    Matrixchild

Brittany laughed at Ale's mock shock and comments. "At least that's something right? Try and take something good from the 'training'."

Brittany then smiled at Ale's comments about guys. "We can only hope right? I'd really like to get to know Katya too. Bonding with cousins is always fun, especially in our family," she said with a laugh.

"It'd be nice if we could keep it a girl's venture though, you know? Like, a gym by girls for girls...and we let guys in to get their ass kicked," she said with a laugh. "But you're right, it'll take time. I'll have to talk to the family head and get an idea what to do for the space and location. Like you said, we'll need a good basement."

Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

*sigh* wrong account

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Yeah, it’s helped though the years. Different places have different traditions, but being well mannered has never seemed to go out of style.” At least it got you in the door to a Domain and usually Acknowledged.

Nodding, “Katya’s great, you’ll love her! And all in all, our cousins are pretty cool.” It was great to be around family you could be yourself with.

She laughs with Brittany, “That could make for an interesting gym. But I like the idea, a gym geared more towards girls. Cause lets face it, it sucks to go to a gym and be gawked at while you’re working out or training. I’m sure some girls like it, but I think it’s annoying.” Some guys just didn’t know how to be subtle. “Maybe we could even offer self-defense classes.” Every girl should know how to defend herself.

“If you need any help with that, or anything else for that matter, let me know.”

10. Likes InvertedMonkey liked this post
    M
    Matrixchild

Brittany bobbed her head back and forth as if she was going over the thought in her head. "That is a good point. Like, totally smart to know how to look good and look like you belong. I guess it's like a balancing act, be yourself, but also look like you fit in."

Smiling Brittany said, "I can't wait to meet her!"

"Yeah I mean, I don't think I, like, get noticed as much as some other girls," she said with a knowing smile toward Ale. Brittany wasn't a fool, she knew she was cute, but that other girls like Ale would make much more of a slash with their looks, "but yeah, it sucks when a guy acts like I just came to work out there as eye candy or something. Women like to be in shape too you know," she said as if to the proverbial asshole workout guy.

At the mention of self-defense classes Brittany smiled brighter, "that is such a good idea. So many girls don't even know the basics to fend for themselves. I'll definitely let you know cause I bet you could help show me a thing or two too." While Brittany was confident in her fighting abilities, there were still some things that the woman needed practice at, especially involving guns.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 16

You do not have permission to view the list of names.