Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
I Drink My Coffee at Night

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    M
    Matrixchild

The smile stayed on her face. "Absolutely. You're probably right. This," she said, gesturing at herself, definitely doesn't scream 'tough girl'."

She listened as her cousin went over the options. "If you find a good place just let me know. It'd be good for sparing and of course training in the future. Got to stay in shape you know," she said with a smirk. Of course their kind had no need for keeping their muscles in shape, but skills were a different matter. Always good to keep your mind sharp when it came to battle techniques.

"That's really smart to take your time. You don't want to rush and be like, 'oh my god I totally hate these woods, why didn't I buy a place on the south side' or like, find out the area has an frat nearby or something. And I don't mean the good kind with awesome parties. I mean the terrible douchy, popped collars kind. If you need any help just let me know, though probably more with seeing how awesome the area is and less with the paperwork," she said with a laugh.

Her smile widened at the mention of a movie night. "Oh awesome, yeah I'd totally love that. And you can show me some of your classics. I mean, I know I love action but I can be pretty open minded about movies."

"Yeah I totally getcha'. I miss the whole night sky stuff, you know, cause of city lights and stuff. The woods just have a different feel, though I'll admit I'm like, useless on a camping trip. That's why I like the cabin idea. Woods without the roughing it," she said with another laugh.

Italy, she guessed right, for once. "Oh cool. Italy. Sicily. That's where like, the mob's from right? Godfather's pretty awesome too, though I have no idea if it's accurate or not. And you are so right. The only people I knew who really cared about the tracks stuff were the ones too insecure about themselves. I just try to be me and enjoy who I am, though being from that other side might have been what allowed me to grow up thinking so freely right? And it's definitely more fun at an other side party than the houty touty side."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Smirking, "But that works in your favor in fight. No one expects the cute adorable girl to kick their ass. So it's a good thing."

She groans, “I hate the popped collar kind! The ones I’ve come across have seemed the most judgmental. Which just pisses me off to no end. But thanks for the offer, I’ll let you know.” Paperwork….yuck.

“There is a more relaxed feel to being in the woods. Not to mention how quiet it is, I miss that sometimes. We have a cousin, Tomas, who is awesome at survival, maybe he can help you with your camping skills.” Which reminded her that she had to call him and setup a sparring match.

A sly smile slowly spreads across the Savages lips at the mention of the mob. “Those with ties to it call it, Cosa Nostra, or Our Thing. Did you know the word Mafia originated in Sicily? No one really knows the specifics though.” After sharing a little history, she shrugs. This really wasn’t the place to get into her Mafia ties. “It’s accurate to a certain extent. The movie certainly glorified the ins and outs of the organization. Not to mention there are stark differences between what they portrayed as the New York Mafia and the Sicilian Mafia.” Hers was the best, she ran it and would fight for it.

“It’s funny cause no one would believe the way I grew up if they were going based off my appearance.” She said with a shake of her head and a chuckle. “But you got the right idea, be who you are without any apologies. And so far, I think you’re alright.” She compliments.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

M
    Matrixchild

"Very true," she said laughing, "Very true."

"Oh my God I know. Super judgmental and controlling. I mean, I'm a free woman. I'm strong. They're just intimidated because I don't want to follow their beck and call right?" she said with a 'yeah right' kind of face.

Shee nodded her head at the mention of another cousin she should meet. "Okay cool, I'll definitely have to talk to him. Thanks!"

Brittany's eyes widened as Ale started talking more about the Mob. "Oh wow, that's pretty cool. You seem to know a good bit. I'd love to hear more!" she said very excitedly. Then she was reminded that she was in a coffee shop. "Um, actually, maybe another time." She leaned in close and whispered her addition. "I'd really would love to hear more. It all sounds so cool, though I probably wouldn't fit in if it's similar to the movie."

Brittany sat back in her chair as she continued, again with a smile. "Thank you! I think you're pretty cool too. Kindred spirits right?" It was weird saying kindred when it wasn't meant in relation to their kind. "But I try not to underestimate people," she said, gesturing towards herself. "I find that people rarely turn out like the movies and many people don't fit into stereotypes you know?"

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Exactly! Or they judge you cause you don’t fit into a stereotypical mold, or have a job that historically was held by a guy.” She says with a shake of her head. “Strong woman have always intimidated men who weren’t strong in who they are.”

Oh sweetie, I know more than you think. When Brittany leans forward and whispered, Ale leans in as well, “Another time is probably a good idea.” Replies the Italian with a wink. As far as her fitting in with the Mafia, Ale was pretty certain she would have been able to find a place for her back home. And it’s so rare when something was like the movie.

“Not underestimating anyone is a good thing.” She agrees with a nod. “One can never be too careful these days. And stereotypes are so boring! I mean, I’d be lying to myself if I said I never followed them, I think we’re all guilty of it at some point. But where is the fun in fitting into some cookie cutter shape? No thanks!” she laughs.

M
    Matrixchild

"So true," she said with a smile. "But I say take advantage of that intimidation whenever you can right?"

At the mention of another time Brittany just nodded her head and smiled. She loved the idea of hearing more, but sometimes you had to be patient for talk like that. Sadly she wasn't the most patient person.

"Better to overestimate a problem, that way you can over-prepare for anything. And I know right? I'd rather be energetic and excitable and maybe even a little annoying at times than totally boring." She wasn't a fool, she knew her personality wasn't for everyone.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Chuckling, “Of course! What is it they say, play the game like a man but always be a lady? Or something like that.” She says laughing at herself, quite sure that she screwed that phrase up. “American phrases are still new to me.” Then there was the whole things ‘lost in translation’ bit.

“There are times when we have those big meetings and it’s kinda hard not to put on some façade. Where every word we say and how we dress is judged.” She hoped Brittany would catch on to her referring to Court. “I hate that. But I guess it’s a necessary evil.” For survival in this political game of back stabbing and out classing. “I kinda find the whole energetic and excitable a breath of fresh air. Don’t get me wrong, there are some great people around, but someone not afraid to be who they really are is nice.” Rather or not is was a personality she could only handle in small amounts remained to be seen.

“You mentioned finding work, have you found a place to stay?”

M
    Matrixchild

Brittany smiled for a second before her look turned confused when Ale offered the phrase. "I've heard of lady in the streets and freak in the streets but I don't think that's what we're talking about at all," she trailed off before smiling and continuing. "Yours is a much better saying. I don't think I've heard it but that's totally some words to live by."

"Oh I totally know," she said at the clear mention of court. Well, clear to a Kindred. "My problem is I love talking and meeting people, but you know I can get really overly excited and I've been to some meetings where they are just so stuffy, especially about getting too excited and loud. Like no fun bone in their entire body. That's why I'm not a part of any club, too many extra rules and so many opportunities to mess up. I like to be able to be myself, within reason of course, and like you said, some people will judge every word we say. And thanks, I'm glad to hear you like trying to be yourself as well. It's definitely refreshing to meet someone who seems to want to be themselves instead of just a smile you know?"

At the mention of work and living Brittany said, "I'm staying in this like totally rundown apartment in the main part of town. Nothing special, and it's like no where near where I like to eat. I'd like to upgrade to someplace a little nicer soon, just need to sort out my work stuff you know?"

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing, “I’ll have to look the phrase up sometime. But I like yours as well, though I haven’t been called a lady in a long time.” Not that she ever claimed to be a lady.

Nodding, “I’m not part of any club either, guess I never found one that fit. And yeah, the extra rules are just a pain in the ass to me. I mean, I get rules, everyone needs them, but excessive and unnecessary ones are just stupid. It’s like, welcome to our club, now screw up a rule so we can kick you out.” She says with a shake of her head. “I think it’s harder to be yourself then to fit in. But yeah, I get what you mean.” She hated putting on a show for others just to be accepted or fit in.

“Same here. Mine isn’t too special, a little apartment in the basement of an older ladies house. She’s really sweet though, and the rent is reasonable. But I’d like to get something a little nicer too. As far as food, I can’t really complain, I got some friends that like to stop by every now and then with dinner and whatnot.” Hoping she would catch on to it being a Herd. “I’m still get work figured out too.” She holds out her arms, glancing down at them real quick, “Not many want to hire someone with this many tattoos.” Smirking and laughing.

M
    Matrixchild

She gave a playfully shocked look, "Well I think you're definitely a lady. I think a lady is any woman who takes ownership of themselves and who they are as a woman. Men are the ones who try to make 'lady' mean, like, 'chastise and pure' and all that B.S. But hey, sometimes it's better to reject their terms altogether. Like we've been saying, I don't let a man define who I am." Many Kindred Brittany had met preferred to avoid many groups or descriptors used by the Kine, but one she very much enjoyed was 'feminist'. That one she felt very fond of calling herself.

It was seeming more and more that Ale and Brittany may become good friends. Cousins, great conversation, and now both unaligned? What a pleasant surprise. "And like, if it's hard enough to be yourself, why force yourself to try to do that with all those extra rules right? There's maybe one or two I've thought about joining in the past, but then I find out one reason or another why it's just not for me. I always put being myself before being a club member you know? And for some of those clubs once you become a member it defines you in a way I just don't want."

"Sometimes simple's all we need right?" Kindred didn't have many needs, why go overboard with furnishing when you could get just as much use sleeping in the dirt, or in the concrete of a basement? "Good to have those kinds of friends right?" That was of course something Brittany could understand. Easy access to food was always a smart idea. "Have you thought about retail? I wonder if you could get a job at like a novelty store you know? Like one open late with particular customers. If I hear anything for you I'd definitely let you know. I'd say you could try working with me, but I don't know how long I plan on waitressing. I guess until I get my gym you know? Oh hey, gun range maybe?" she asked with a smile.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A hand goes up to her collar bone and gently rests on it, “Why thank you!” she says with a cheeky smile. “But you make a great point! Men and society seem to want to mold and shape us into what they want or what they consider acceptable. I followed that for a few years, allowing my mother to shape me into what she thought was acceptable. I learned quite a few things, but the most important thing I learned was who I was and wanted to be. And now others can take me, or leave me.” She shrugs. Kindred wanted to be accepted by other Kindred for one simple fact, survival. And she could play that role when needed.

Nodding, “Yup. I have to admit though, I don’t know much about the clubs around here. My father wasn’t part of one, so I only learned about them second hand and with rumors. But I think for me it comes down to being on my own for so long that I wouldn’t know what to do. It’s putting your trust in a group to have your back, and that’s hard when you’ve been the only one watching that back.” Their society was a weird one sometimes. They were naturally untrusting by nature, yet the Covenants want you to trust them.

An eyebrow was raised with curiosity, “Retail? Not sure, it would defiantly have to have a particular clientele. But I wouldn’t worry too much about me.” She says with a sly smile, “I’ve been making connections slowly that have helped with having some money coming in.” she leans forward and lowers her voice, “My job back home has left with a special and unique skill set.” She then winks before leaning back. “But yeah, working or owning a gun range would be awesome!” if she owned one, she could cater to Kindred.

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 16

You do not have permission to view the list of names.