Ended
Watch

Warlock Summit

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Once more, the Circle of Creation played host to the Warlock's of Sacramento, though this time a circle of pews had been moved to the center of the Cathedral's sanctuary. A fitting shape, given the space they meeting in. Now, all that was needed of the space was for the Warlock's of Sacramento to fill it.

Avis, the chosen representative, waited near the door for her Path to arrive...
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx walked in not long after Avis had finished setting up. Punctuality was important. It was polite. And it made it less likely that she might miss anything interesting. She wore jeans, a blouse, a leather jacket and a pair of large, dark sunglasses. Effortlessly fashionable, as usual.

She smiled when she saw Avis, pulling her glasses up to wink at her. "Afternoon, sweetie." She slipped the glasses off and pushed them up onto the top of her head, looking around. "Looks like I'm early." Then she grinned. "You looked lovely at the Consilium. Why don't you dress up like that more often? It suits you."

3. Likes Cayce liked this post
    T
    Trismegistus

Faust stood for a while outside, staring at the structure. It wasn't nervousness at who he might find within that kept him, nor was it awe at the impressive replication of a famous church. Finally approaching the door, his eyes still wandering over the stone, he knocked. When the door was opened the man in a white, buttoned-up shirt and suspenders clutching a leather bound book stood staring at the arch of the doorway.

"This building looks so new," he said before he finally looked at the occupants. His manner tensed up somewhat at the sight of the beauty standing inside the Circle. "Uh," he paused for a moment before his eyes shifted to the other woman in the room, "I'm here for the meeting. Which of you is Avis?"

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Well that's the thing," Avis replied to Varyx, "I don't feel like it suits me. Besides, dresses like that limit movement."

A shrug punctuated the statement and then the Talon turned to face the new arrival.

"I'm your Councilor. Avis. You are?"

A brow rose with the question.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx simply echoed Avis' shrug in response to her point. If she didn't feel like it suited her, then so be it. Too bad.

She lifted her gaze to the door when Faust walked in. He seemed surprised by her presence. She jerked her thumb in Avis' direction at his question, then smiled. "You can call me Varyx, by the way."

T
    Trismegistus

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Councilor," he offered Avis a hand in greeting and then to Varyx, "My name is Dr. Faust, or just Faust if you prefer." Turning back to face Avis he asked, "I've heard that our numbers are quite low in the city, are we expecting any more?" The doctor's eyes kept glancing over in Varyx's direction, though by the look it seems clear that it's not so much an action of checking her out as it is the look of disbelief you might see from a high school nerd hanging out with one of the popular girls.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Yeah, there's one other. Richelieu . We'll give him a few more minutes before we begin. Not that it'll be much of a path meeting with only three people, but what the hell. Never hurts to give y'all time to voice your concerns and stuff," Avis replied with a shrug.
    Phoenix

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Alright, well, looks like they're not gonna show. Let's get started then. Yall have any questions or concerns?" Avis asked, taking her seat in the circle of pews.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx nodded, taking her seat directly across from Avis. "Actually, I did have a question; how exactly are Councillors chosen? Unless I'm mistaken, I'm pretty sure I saw one of the Councilors pass the torch with a few words at the last Consilium meeting. Star to... erm, Ermac?" She dipped her head apologetically. "Sorry. I'm still not quite up to date on everyone's names. Regardless, I'm not trying to judge - I don't know either of them at all, and the decision might have been made with a weight behind it that I'm unaware of, but if it's just a question of the current Councilor simply deciding who the next one will be... Does that not strike you as easily abused?"

T
    Trismegistus

Faust sat down roughly equidistant from both other Warlocks. "Honestly I'm here primarily to familiarize myself with you, Councilor. There aren't many of us, clearly, and it would be good to know that I can respect our representation. That said, I am curious to hear your answer to Varyx's question."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread