Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

See this smile?

"Maaaaaan."

It's for the Girl That Doesn't Lie.

"Man, Avis didn't forgive Striker."
    You gotta listen. Hear everything. Don't just hear what you want to hear. "She said she'd work it out with him. She said a trial wasn't the best path to take."

That isn't Forgiveness.

"And then she used the Favor to Banish him."

It's okay. Everyone can wait while that percolates and then digests. One, two more swallows of beer and now the bottle is more air than liquid.

"Because she knew a Trial would drag out for, like, for months. Then everyone would be, you know, worried about that silliness instead of bears and sharks. And because she knew they messed up. Before? The first two times."

Not Lying means being Accountable, yo.

"And your question? Why? I guess the easy answer is no one wants to be mean to the one-armed retard."

There's a shrug. Yeah, being mean is no fun. But someone has to do it. Someone has to make the sacrifice.

Because Interfector.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

2. Likes Cayce liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce averts his gaze as he begins to absorb the news of Avis's decision. "So he didn't leave of his own accord?" he says, in part to himself. Then all Striker's confidence in facing the trial was just bravado, and when offered an easy way out he took it without making a scene. Truce wonders why she recommended he be re-recognized at all then? Or was it just to save face, or pity? That seemed likely.

"That's hardly resolution," he states as his jaw works over the uncomfortable idea. The fact that Striker had slipped through judgement and punishment does not sit well with him. Perhaps he wants to believe that the matter could have been worked out civilly, despite Avis's reactive nature.

His eyes return to meet Star's. "Very well, if that's the case then you believe the error lies in the Council's soft-heartedness. Do you then feel then that it should be more exacting on those that step out of line? Or do you believe that a governing body among us is some sort of joke or pretense? I'd really like to know what you think best serves the Awakened."

Their agreement seems to take a backseat to the topic of hand. Though Star isn't a member of his Path, Truce wishes to know the undercurrent beneath the Consilium proceedings.

4. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

It's A resolution.

Other resolutions? Could be a lot more final. But it's a better resolution than another slap on the wrist trial.

"Well, you say 'Council',"
    there goes the finger quotes again, "Like it's, like, a single thing. But it's not. It's people, isn't it? And totally constantly changing." There are really only two constants. "Like, half those people haven't even read up on what they're doing. It just happens, man."

The beer is finished off and placed on the counter.

"Let's take you. You're all, like, super interested, right? But you didn't know about Striker. Why? The judgments are there for anyone to go read."
    This? This is what happens when you're the only person that read the Charter. "So, here we have, what. A Councilor," A finger started ticking off other fingers, "A Thearch, and I'm gonna say, what, a genuinely curious and concerned individual..."

"...Who hasn't, you know, read the River City's Illuminations on, uh, renderings of the Tet."

The three fingers turned into five, gently requesting more time.

"This isn't me, like, criticizing you. All I'm saying is if you haven't, like, Mister Most Likely To Have, then why would anyone else? So, okay, maybe I was being funny. Maybe the real reason, hmmm, I dunno. Maybe it's not taking the Precept of Secrecy seriously enough? Or just ignorance? I mean, what are we talking about here? You want to know what would best serve the River City Consilium? At least, in my opinion? Let's start with Councilor's, like, doing some legit homework. Reading. Charter, Lex, Tet, Illuminations, whatever. Because right now, aren't most of you trying to, like, interpret and work with stuff you have no clue about?"

"Let me ask you this. For a Consilium. What's more important? Not being mean and making compromises? Making sure no one gets their dander ruffled? Or, like, protecting and enforcing the Lex Magica?"

Holy Epopt, Councilor Man.
    - Roald Dahl

6. Likes Teeramus, Cayce, Vassagon liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

Truce's expression is intense, but that's only because he's trying to keep up with Star's meaning. Why can't the man speak clearly? It's like a labyrinth of words, backtracking and diverging each passing second. Truce catches up by the end, though probably misses something important along the way, like a question that's been avoided.

"You're saying that, by being more informed on those that came before us the Council can make better decisions more confidently? I agree with that. Yet it's because the Council and the Consilium are made up of people, Awakened people, that some mistakes are made along the way. All I can promise as a Councilor is that I will do my best to improve. But I appreciate you giving me some insight as to why you relinquished that seat." An insight without an answer, and one that Truce is still unsure of.

Truce relaxes, sighing softly. "But to answer your question, what's more important? For a Consilium it would be as you say, to protect and enforce the Lex Magica. I shall consider that for the future."

8. Likes Cayce, West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Oh, that's not why."

Brows furrow, then disappear as the Angel turns to open the refrigerator and get another beer. Another one is set by Truce, his to open or leave.

"I thought we were talking about, you know, why I didn't care. I mean, I'm super happy to leave you with that little misconception, but that's kinda sketchy, all things,"
    a hand flickered between them. "Considered. Like, how can I expect you to unravel mysteries and then be all, well, you know."

"Mostly? Because the choir acclaimed Einstein, then Ermac. Except Ermac couldn't, when Einstein bounced." That's true. It's not the whole truth, but that doesn't mean it's not true. "And, well." There goes the shrugging. "I mean, like, Ermac's my friend? He needs something. After the whole, like, whatever with the Eff Cee. Like, mostly, I think he needs to, hmmm, believe in something again."

Dark blue eyes settled on the Moros.

"Believe in... us... again."

Ever wonder how someone becomes a Seer?

"He's like you. Like, the whole, mediator thing. Maybe a little less patient? But, you should talk to him."
    - Roald Dahl

10. Likes Cayce liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

The presence of a second beer causes Truce to instinctively drink from the first, eager to take the edge off an edgy conversation. He's still trying to understand, but it seems as though everytime he thinks he has it, Star has to correct him again. The beer isn't likely to help with that, but it might provide a refreshment.

"Oh," he says curiously with some surprise that Star counted Ermac as a friend, and that Star's actual reason could be so much simpler than Truce assumed. "We have spoken. He seems troubled by many things. Maybe I aught to again, especially now that he's back on the Council." As elusive as Star is, he seems to have a good judge of character. It was apparent the first time they spoke at length. Even if he wanted to Truce couldn't dismiss Star's assessment of him.

Truce manages to get through the first bottle, setting it next to the second but refrains from opening it.

"I suppose it comes down to belief, at the heart of it," he remarks vaguely. "All hope is on us, and beware those who have lost it. Perhaps."

Truce clears his throat, tapping his fingers on the top of the cable spool idly. "Well, umm, I don't suppose there was anything else you'd rather talk about. Subtleties, insight and the like?" An invitation to get back to business and more familiar territory.

12. Likes Cayce, West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Actually? There's this one other little thing..."
    - Roald Dahl

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread