Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(2015 AU) Lynn, L'aire, Milo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Milo Chernobog

PRE

The Fool followed the Emissary to the Steward. He offered Lynn a smile but quirked an eyebrow as they seemed to be leaving Morgan's side. Of the two Milo would have liked to talk to it was the raccoon that the Fool was most interested in.

"Lynn." Milo returned with a smile as he began walking the ladies off away from the rest of the crowd. Though he wanted to drag them someone where private, he wouldn't challenge Betony by taking them to the Hollow or inside of Edna's. It was only just out of earshot where the Shadowsoul stopped, thinking if anything to grave came up they could settle on a whisper.

"I think there's been a bit of an issue between our courts. Although, and I hope this doesn't sound rude, I was a bit more interested in hearing from the Wasp's new nemesis then imposing on the Steward." Eyes wandered from the Spring at the word nemesis, falling on Morgan ( Origins ) just long enough for Lynn to follow his attention back to her Motley mate. With a bit of a shrug Milo returned his attention to Minstrel. "Rick already said there's nothing the Council can do on the matter, but I was hoping you'd have the time to discuss an idea I had we might be able to use to reign her in. Or maybe set her off, not entirely sure yet which one."

But then that was where a fellow Spring's perspective might help, assuming Lynn knew Coco as much as Milo assumed she did. Either way the Fairest's attention fell back into his can at the few pieces of apple left, plucking another out for his enjoyment.

S
    Sasha

The Onyx was not one for taking an authoritative position, nor going against her Motley mate, but she didn’t agree with Rick’s statement. This was also no time to have an indirect Council meeting at a Coronation.

Yet, for Lynn as the Steward, the Fairest was ever so curious as to Nightsinger's input on the situation. But the way Milo described it sprung something from her reasoning. “An issue with the Courts? Has it come to that, or is she singling someone out… or more than one person?”

This was new territory for L'aire. Well, almost new. She’d dealt with someone belligerent to her before; and that woman didn’t even know her. It was a shoot on sight situation that the Fairest walked into. She didn’t like it, and the Dancer was fairly positive that this had escalated past something as rude as Tessa, in fact it seemed deep seeded somewhere.

Lynn Mills

Queen of the Verdant Court
    Darkling Nightsinger/Minstrel
    Presence - 2 Mantle (Spring) - 3 Wyrd - 3

FAME
    PRE

"Oh bloody hell." Lynn sighed heavily and pinched the bridge of her nose. "Milo, would you do me a favor and tell me exactly what happened? I have no doubt that Coco was being her usual charming self, but I'd like to have some idea of what she did before I can say what level this can be taken to."

She rubbed the back of her neck where a knot of tension had instantly sprung up. "Honestly, given that half of Coco's problem is that I formed a motley with Morgan instead of sleeping with her, I'm not sure how much of a role I should take in this."

4. Likes InvertedMonkey, Origins liked this post

Milo Chernobog

PRE

Milo chewed away until L'aire's question, at which point the chewing slowed for a second as he reflected on the phrasing of his statement. Then Lynn chimed in, and of all the explanations he could expect none of them were delivered. He just froze in place with his eyes locked on the Steward for a few seconds that dragged on just long enough to be awkward before Milo swallowed the apple pie filling and tried to speak again.

"That's... not the answer I was expecting." The Shadowsoul admitted as he looked to L'aire for a fleeting second. "Not that it's a problem, or that it really affect what I was going to say either."

"To clarify, it's specifically an issue with Cosima not the whole of the Spring Court. Earlier Morgan called some people over for cider and a chat, but Cosima bolted over instead and scared Morgan off. I decided to have a little chat with her, wherein she called our coronation mediocre and proclaimed Morgan her nemesis. Her behavior was rather obviously deliberate as she referred to her actions as a delightful moment and a silent conversation of fear."

While the Steward may have asked for a detailed recounting, the truth of the matter was he had already given it to one group and was reasonably certain Lynn wouldn't promise anything Rick and Sasha haven't already. It didn't help that Morgan maintained her distance, meaning he'd likely be having this conversation a third time.

"What I was hoping to discuss with you was a possible solution. I tried discussing the issue with her but she seemed to proud and delusional to listen to a reasonable voice, and Morgan avoiding her just validated her in some twisted way. What I was hoping we could do was ignore her. She was distraught that no one chose her for a position last Summer, and I think what drives her is recognition and it's subsequent validation. I want to cut at the heart of the Wasp by depriving her of that, and in the process show her that the Court of Fear is not a group that can be bullied however best suits someone's mood. My questions for you, are how do you think she will respond to such behavior and can you get word out discreetly that such is the plan?"

S
    Sasha

It was either because she was a Winter, or simply because L’aire didn’t like conflict, period, that this didn’t settle well. Either way, the root of the problem seemed to surface.

“So is it possible that all of this stemmed from that? So you didn’t… sleep with Coco and instead formed a Motley with Morgan?” Reiterating so she knew everything was straight.

“And then it’s progressed to her behaving as she does?” They poked the Wasps nest and now she was coming back to sting, over and over again. L’aire glanced to Terri Nutkins a moment, her eyes unimpressed with a quick flicker to Coco.

Turning back to the two of them after a few moments, the Dancer formed either more of an opinion than a decision. This was entirely out of L’aire’s comfort zone but she’d suck it up and move forward. “You’re right. This is probably not something you should take a role in deciding any sort of… punishment, I guess.”

“Yet, I think something should be done. Although, everyone completely ignoring her seems a little… childish? Maybe?” She shrugged hesitantly. “Rick, Terri, and myself were going to talk to her before. Maybe we should pursue that. Now that I have the rest of the story and how this all spiraled into a huge mess, I think maybe we could talk to her.”

Lynn Mills

FAME
    PRE

Lynn shrugged a bit. "There was probably something going on before that, but I'm pretty sure it was the final straw, so to speak." She sighed, pulling a bit of hair in frustration. "Much as I really want to deal with this, I just don't think it's a good idea for me personally to try anything. It would just set Coco off even more." She thought for a minute. "Although, L'aire. You might be able to do something about this directly. First go to Coco and let her know that the Autumn court has taken offense to her behavior here at their coronation. Suggest strongly that she apologize. If she refuses, I would suggest that you consider going to speak with Ms. LeBlanc. Let her know, in your position as Emissary, that Coco's behavior is starting to cause friction between the Courts" She smiled a bit at Milo. "As a representative of the Spring Court, she would be held to a higher standard than the rest. It's even possible that she might lose her position if it's seen that she's deliberately causing trouble."

She tilted her head a bit and regarded them both. "Would that suffice? That Coco could stand to loose her position, her standing in the Freehold, through her own actions? But only if she refuses to make amends for her earlier actions?"

8. Likes Origins, InvertedMonkey liked this post

Milo Chernobog

PRE

While Milo did sincerely like L'aire, but her suggestion that the situation be handled by just chatting felt horribly limp as a solution. Annoyance was hidden away once more behind metaphoric stone until the Steward made her suggestion. Now that he could get behind.

"It does indeed sound like a good solution." The Fairest said as he inclined his head. "If the Emissary finds these terms acceptable I think I'm done monopolizing your time."

A wicked grin grew as he looked back over at the Wasp before returning his attention to the pair of ladies he was with. "Oh, but the apology should be to Morgan specifically. She is clearly the wronged party for the terrible crime of having a friend."

He shrugged before looking down to the empty can in front of him. One more thing that was simply unacceptable.

Lynn Mills

FAME
    PRE

"Very well." Lynn blew out a breath and looked over at L'aire. "If you would please, go to Ms. Tascioni and see if you can get her to understand that her behavior tonight at the coronation has upset and offended several people. Suggest strongly that an apology is in order and that it should be rendered to those who have been made to feel most uncomfortable, this being Morgan. If she refuses, point out that her behavior is causing friction between the Courts; and that she's acting more like a bully by striking at those weaker than her, instead of acting like a champion of the Freehold. We'll only go to Ms. LeBlanc as a very last resort. And actually, if it comes to that, I'll go to Ms. Leblanc myself, as the Spring Emissary voicing concerns about a fellow courtier." Running her fingers through her hair, Lynn reflected wryly that if she'd known how much of being the Steward would resemble baby sitting, she might have turned down the job.

"Either way, we'll deal with Ms. Tascioni's behavior."

S
    Sasha

Understanding the position Lynn took with the situation, so far the Nightsinger was handling it rather well despite being involved. A sign that they really did choose the proper person for Steward.

Still, dealing with this now while it was still fresh in Coco’s memory so she couldn’t play that card was a good idea. Although L’aire never thought that the role of Emissary was also the role of Freehold babysitter.

Either way, it would be a test of her abilities. Although, L’aire didn’t see this going well; at all. “Yes, I’ll go speak with her immediately.”

Leaning in to the two of them and softly whispering. “Just keep an eye on her movements. All things considered, if she’s backed into a corner, so to speak, she may lash out at me.”

With that, the Dancer went off to speak to the Spring Wasp.

Milo Chernobog

PRE

"Excellent."

Milo inclined his head slightly as the grin to a near Cheshire level. "Thank you both for your time and I'll watch for any further trouble. If there's nothing else this has worked out far better then I had hoped. I can only hope that this helps the situation between Morgan and Cosima."

A quick glance around reveals Betony, and it slowly dawns on the Fairest he still needed to renew a pledge or two.

"Excuse me Ms Mills, I need to go swear the Freehold Oath before the evening draws to an end."

Unless the Steward had something urgent to discuss with a Fool, the Shadowsoul made his way over to Edna's owner.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread