Madison brings Wade into the Asylum and looks around for Victoria. She knows the woman is working here but she isn't sure exactly what she is doing.

"I don't know if she has her own room or anything, so bare with me." She says to Wade as she leads him to the bar. She then asks the bartender to summon Victoria and waits for the woman to arrive.

Victoria strode across the club floor. Her long brown hair brushing her shoulders and back. She wore a black leather halter top, which left most of her stomach and back exposed, a pair of black leather pants, and a whip coiled and hanging from her left hip. She appeared and drew more than a few lustful glances from the crowds.

*Seems like the only time people come to see me is when I get daring with my outfits.*

"Miss Wells, what a pleasant surprise. I just finished with a client, what can I do for you?" She saw Wade standing with her and gave him a quick appraisal. A new face set her wasp on guard and it buzzed in irritation at the intruder. While she curiously analized Madison and Wade's body language toward one another Victoria chose not to ask any direct questions. She smiled and spoke, "...and I see you brought a little friend with you this time. I don't believe we have been introduced. I'm Victoria Stamford."

Wade sees the woman approach, and cocks an eyebrow. "Well, I do believe you said under dressed."

Wade was already silencing his Beast, even before they entered, knowing this meeting was not only inevitable but the entire point. By the time Victoria approached, all it took was a quick but firm reminder to curb the growls within. "Wade Masters. Miss Wells was being so kind as to introduce me to the proper people as I've just arrived within the city."

There is a brief pause, accompanied by a slightly confused look, before Wade simply extends his hand with his greeting. "Forgive me, it just occurred to me I was unsure if proper etiquette would be different in this establishment. When in doubt, rely on the tried and true, eh?" he says with a small smile.

Madison smiles as she watches Victoria look Wade over, only imagining what the woman must be thinking. "We ran into each other outside. He explained that he was new and so I decided maybe I should get him on the right track. Care to discuss this in private dear? So we can all be out and open?"

Victoria smiled at the man, "Pleased to meet you Mister Masters and your doing just fine. Most folks in the establishment are pretty tolerant if your polite and are making an effort."

She gave Madison an impish grin and playfully teased, "I can hardly wait sugar, and the thought of you out and open has me all tingly."

Victoria turned and led the two of them to one of the back rooms that had a sitting area with a number of sofas on one half and equipment set up for play on the other half. Standing in the room waiting was Victoria's ever present companion the same large man dressed as a sub with mask. He was unresponsive as always. She made her way to one of the sofas and sat down then waited for the others to do the same.

Wade follows quietly, looking around as he moves through the club (which seems like a matter of someone who appreciates knowing his surroundings far more than curiosity) and giving the man dressed as a sub a very polite -- if not perhaps slightly out of place -- "Good evening, sir," as he passes him before taking a seat on an empty sofa.

Madison moves into the room and stands near the couch Wade is sitting in. She was here on business technically and did not want to give the impression of being too comfortable. While she was not ashamed of what she does in her spare time, she was Venrue enough not to announce it to others outside of those activities.

"Are you sure you have the time, Piscus Stamford? We would not wish to cause you to lose any clients."

Satisfied that she had teased Madison enough she shifted mental gears. There were times when the burden of propriety and restraint of emotions as an Invictus Ventrue were quite taxing. Then to not be able to express your feelings and to be locked inside a prison of bone was just far too depressing.

Inside the back room Victoria was almost like another woman. She was far more serious than she had been out on the club floor. Her posture and tone was proper and business like, yet still friendly.

"Don't mind him," she said nodding her head in the direction of the man standing along the wall, "he isn't able to answer anyway." ...or think, are you my pretty little pet? she jabbed mentally at the man, while smiling to herself.

She turned to Madison, "I'm free now don't worry about it. Besides even if I wasn't, as far as I'm concerned, clients are nothing more than hobbies when it comes to city affairs. What can I do for you this evening Miss Wells? I take-it, it involves Mister Masters?"

She gives Victoria a genuine smile and nods. "Yes. Mr. Masters is new in town and I am not as up to date on the current Priscus of the city. I was hoping you could assist us in getting him to the proper individuals. I do not believe he is one of yours."

Wade listens quietly, and when there is a break in the conversation after mentioning Prisci and clans, he offers up a simple yet helpful "I am of clan Mekhet."

Returning Madison's smile Victoria replied, "Certainly. I can assist with that." She was about to ask Wade what clan when the man provided the information.

*Hm...wouldn't have thought that. It's so hard to judge these things by sight sometimes.*

"Ah, a shadow. Well, that would make Harpy Naetesh your Priscus. I can provide you her contact information. She doesn't seem the type that would be bothered by that. So, what brings you to Sacramento Mr. Masters?"

"Business," is his simple reply.

Madison looks at Wade with a frown. She doubted that answer would work with the Prince. "My apologies for interrupting, Priscus, but I think Wade is missing some information."

She looks at Wade, her face impassive and balnk. "I do not think you are aware of some of the issues going on in the city. There have been some occurances that have caused the deaths of kindred recently. We have also heard rumor of the Brood and VII in the city. So, please forgive us if "Business" is simply not a good enough answer. I am sure you can understand the caution."

"I see..." Wade muses. "I'd heard about a sudden decrease in the Kindred population, hence coming here... I had thought perhaps it was a business opportunity... but this..."

Wade is silent for a moment, obviously contemplating this new information. "I deal in trade and goods. The legalities of which... well, the less said the better. It's my understanding everything can be had for the right price, and my goal is to unite those who want with what they want. For a price, of course. I normally deal with the human population, at least in terms of acquisition... sales, well, that's normally a matter of those with money. My own get the top of the list, of course. In light of this current... situation... perhaps I could be useful..."

Victoria's pleasent demenor fell, the smile slipping off her face at the man's one word answer. Her face got hard and steely as her eyes bore into the man seated before her. Then Madison spoke and addressed him before she could.

Her features did not improve by the time Wade was finished speaking. "Masters, the legality of your business does not concern me. So lets try this again shall we? What manner of trade and goods are you talking about? Perhaps you should look at aiding yourself first by answer our questions properly?" She purposely avoided using a proper form of address with the man, although Victoria doubt he would catch the insult.

Wade cocks an eyebrow. "Trade and goods. What I deal in is strictly based on what is wanted. If you want information, chances are someone has an answer and simply needs to be payed to divulge it. If you need a firearm, it's simply a matter of which one needs to be shipped. If you want a vehicle, again, it's just a matter of which. If you want people -- while I admit that's one facet of the business I personally find objectionable -- those can be had as well. Obviously military grade items are fairly more difficult to procure, but even those are a possibility with enough time and resources."

Wade narrows his eyes a bit, as if he's wondering just how much this woman fails to listen and if he'll have to resort to spelling things out letter by letter the third time she demands he explain himself.

Victoria's serious expression lost some of its bite as she replied, "There, was that really so hard?" she asked rhetorically of Wade before continuing, "I believe popular culture has a phrase for services of a similar nature. They call them 'fixers.' Of course you could have saved us some aggravation by covering the scope of your services from the start. After all in your line of work there are some who limit the scope of their enterprise for personal reasons. Tell me Mr. Masters do you have a Covenant affiliation?"

"Most of us steer clear of pop culture terminology... primarily because it's a facet of pop culture," Wade says. "As for scope... it's not as if there is a menu. Scope can vary wildly from month to month, forget between cities. It can make anything beyond 'what people ask for' very difficult to peg down as concrete. But as to your question, no, I do not have a Covenant. Thus far, I have found it far more beneficial to my business dealings with our own kind, so as to keep a certain impression of being unbiased. Then again, I've been in some rather politically charged cities."

Victoria nodded considering the man's words. "Fair enough Mister Masters, I see what you're getting at. However, people in my position like things that can be labeled and catalogued. In addition society as a whole tends to agree and it labeles things all the time. Even the casteless in kindred society attempting noninvolvement and shunning labeles find that they have earned a classification in the Unbound, or Unaligned. Labeles are a reality of existence I'm afraid."

She paused for a moment and then continued, "Speaking of labeles, considering the other ones that are out there, labeles like VII and Brood, it may be prudent to revisit your motivations for arriving. Where do you come from and why? I know you said it was for business, but something strikes me as odd. You say that you're a businessman and, the way I understand it, to those on the street one's reputation is crucial. You pack up to a head to a new city leaving behind friends, contacts, business associates, suppliers, customers, protection, and any status and reputation all to gamble that you will be able to set up a new operation and make the appropriate contacts and customers in an unknown city? So either you did not have much to speak of to leave behind or some sort of outside pressure encouraged you to move on. Which was it? Or is there some other reason?"

Madison watches the back and forth between the two kindred with mild amusement. The verbal dance was highly interesting. Victoria seemed quite good at fishing out any perceived holes in Wade's details but Wade seemed quite good at giving further explanations without handing out any more real information.

To see a Mekhet dance the tightrope so well was fascinating to her.

"Business was fine, and nothing forced me out. But, you have to understand, my business is something of a... chain, you might say. What I mean is, there's far more to it than just me. I actually headed out from Detroit, where I went after New Jersey, and so on. I still have contacts in other cities, in a pinch. But, my field... there's plenty of money to go 'round if people are smart, and it's far more productive for people to work together. There's more of a loose alliance than some people might realize. Everyone does well, and people in my particular... position... stand to do exceedingly well simply because time is on our side. Also, it should be noted there is perhaps more support in the area than you think. I will, of course, have to get the ley of the land, but I doubt my... element... is completely lacking. In that case, it's simply a matter of getting things headed in the right direction."

Wade shifts, straightening his jacket before continuing. "Sacramento had a certain amount of loss, creating something of a vacuum. In times like those, as in most times of change, supplies become important. Supplies bring money," he says with a shrug. "So, I could always return to Detroit, or Jersey, or Alaska, Miami, or New York, or wherever if I needed to or wanted to. My status in the only group I'm overly concerned with is unharmed, since it doesn't rely on the Kindred population. I also have competent people tending to things I started. They're doing well, and I still benefit. My arrival in Sacramento was, simply, to possibly take advantage of on opportunity to expand. Expansion, as I'm sure you understand, happens most often when a business is doing well and can afford to risk such expansion. In this business, "risk" includes both financial and security concerns. That is simply the truth of the matter."

The impression Wade gives -- and his aura would support -- is that he speaks the truth.

Victoria sat and stared at Wade looking for something or perhaps trying to make a decision. Her finger nail tapped steadily on one of her kneecaps and then suddenly stopped. She quickly spoke as if the sudden stop prompted her to action, "Very well. That is something that I can appreciate Mister Masters. Quite the ambitious project you have here in trying to create a nationwide network. I may not agree with focusing the entirety of your nightly involvement in Kine Society and not caring enough about your own people to get involved, but that is not my decision to make." She looked into Wade's eyes and smiled, "You're an interesting man Mister Masters. I hope your financial endeavors pan out for you."

She turned to Madison and spoke, "Paladin Wells, did you have anything further to contribute? If not I can begin with a discussion of the laws of the domain, after which, I can get Mister Masters contact information then pass it along to his family head." It appeared she was not only addressing Madison, but was speaking for Wade's benifit as well.

Madison gives Victoria a bright smile as if in apology for bringing the Mekhet to her but she really didn't have much knowledge in the way of the other Prisci. "No Priscus Stamford. I am merely helping out a fellow kindred."

Boy am I going to pay for this later. She thinks with a mischievious sparkle in her eyes.

After Madison speaks, Wade looks back to the scintillatingly dressed woman, and merely nods.

She returned Madison's smile and nodded in response. Then she turned to Wade, and clearing her throat Victoria began a perfect verbatim account of the Prince's laws. She recited them in a precise measured tone that did not deviate, while never taking her eyes off of Wade.

When she was finished she paused to let them sink in before continuing, "Concerning hunting, you are not to hunt until either the Prince, or your Priscus contacts you and says that you may. I do not wish to be seen as intruding on her authority concerning her clan. If that is not forth coming and you find yourself requiring sustenance I will provide for you appropriately. If there is not anything further Mister Masters once I have your contact information that should conclude our meeting. I will contact your Priscus and she will provide you with further instructions. Questions?"

Wade nods his head once, at the conclusion of the rules. "No, ma'am. No questions." With that, Wade takes out what looks like a business card, except that it is completely blank on both sides, and writes his name and cellphone number on it in simple, neat block print and provides it to the Priscus.

Standing, he adds with a smile, "Of course, if I need to get in touch, I believe I know where I can find you. If you've nothing more for me, I will take my leave and allow you to return to your... endeavors. And thank you very much for your time and assistance." With a polite nod, Wade lets himself out of the room, holding the door for Madison if she looks to be leaving as well.

She gives Victoria a slight bow. "Good evening, Priscus, thank you very much for your time." And exists the room with Wade.

As they exit the room and enter the club proper, Wade turns to Madison. "Thank you very much for your assistance tonight, Miss Wells. It is greatly appreciated." As he speaks, he produces the same blank business card, puts his initials, and prints out his cellphone number. Handing it to Madison he smiles. "Should you need to in touch with me."

With that, he weaves through the establishment and heads out into the night.

End Scene?