Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

The mountain had found a perfect spot - if you like trees, and sand, and dirt, and a view of the water glinting like a giant reflective mirror. With the year tumbling slowly toward its end, the vast majority of campers, hikers, and trail followers had gone. There was one other group of die-hards - a couple who were obviously more versed in the local climate and necessities for a long weekend than Green.

You would think that a man who thought he was a mountain would be more versed in the outdoors. Trouble was, Green still thought he was a rock, which might not square well with his erstwhile companions; he actually had to remind himself to get supplies and other sundries - yes, that did mean the tents were purchased at the last minute. And so was the food. At this time of year, Lake Folsom was known to have long cold nights and fogs.

At least he could pitch camp well away from the amorous couple, beyond the screen of trees. The mountain wanted some privacy. But hey, he had found the remains of an earlier camp fire and some very well placed logs (ideal for sitting on).

Green stood at the tree line, contemplating the calm waters of the Lake. The promise of chill was in the air. Privately, he was hoping to witness some fog too.

Continuing from Motley of Motleys. I've moved things forward a bit so we don't waste time travelling and setting up camp, etc. Xander Gwydden Nathan Griffin

2. Likes Gwydden liked this post
    Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He had stuffed some supplies into his backpack, including a jacket in case it got too cold for him, but other than that he looked pretty much like his usual self. Grey T-shirt, ripped jeans, old tennis shoes. His feather pendant was hanging from his belt. He had hitchhiked from coast to coast with little more than that, when he was lucky. He was positive he could survive for a while in Sacramento's little wilderness center.

He didn't rush. He walked around, admiring the view and breathing in the scents of the place. As it was it could have been better. He could still smell the city. But it felt as close to safe as he ever had been in Sacramento. Cities were full of people, every single one of which brought the promise of trouble. Wilderness was simple and it didn't judge. It was his sanctuary.

Eventually he came across Green. For a moment he was in shock. Was the Mountain chilling out? Pun totally intended.

"Hey," he said staring at the lake alongside the Winter. "Love the place. And the weather seems promising, too."

For once he wasn't being sarcastic.

Milo Chernobog

PRE

The outdoors were not a place that Milo frequently found himself. It was several years ago fumbling through the woods one drunken night that he had met his Keeper, and thus his interest in his surroundings had little to do with beauty. Eyes watched for stray individuals and took little note of whatever majesty others might find in such a place.

Where Nathan took his time Milo almost rushed to find Green. A light backpack with basic food, water, toiletries, and some spare clothes were all the Fairest brought. A few layers of fleece and polyester insulated the Shadowsoul against the cold the evening would likely bring. As the Mountain and the Owl-Wolf-..... thing came into view a bit Milo's nerves lifted slightly.

"Gentlemen." The Shadow said as he finally made his appearance. "I hope all is well."

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"Yeah. They promised me fog." There was a new note strumming in the giant's rumbling voice today. Anticipation.

Bodily hauling himself from his position, he turned to the Fairest. "Yeah. We're good. Its a quiet spot, yeah. I think those muggles are too wrapped up in each other to bother us much, as long as we keep quiet. I got some tents n the cheap, yeah. If you don't have ones of your own... just use them. Umm... some of them marsh mellow things... And beer."

Green had been doing some research, watching old horror movies about camping so he thought he had the basics worked out.

"So whats the plan?"

Personally Green couldn't wait for nightfall and the evening chill.

6. Likes Gwydden liked this post
    Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ah, good. Fog's good."

Milo didn't seem to be in his preferred environment. He looked as out of place as Nathan had expected he would, but the fact that he had agreed to this little expedition anyway? Respect.

"Oh, it's more than well," he grinned. "Green was just telling me there's going to be fog. Fog! Second best thing to a blizzard, I'd say. Awesome, right?"

Maybe it was a little cruel of him, teasing him like that. But hey, better to warn him beforehand, right? He had glimpsed the couple the Mountain had mentioned on his way there. He didn't doubt the lovebirds had better things to do than worrying about the three weirdos camping just ahead.

"The plan?" he took a look around. "Not sure. Are there fish in that lake over there?"

Milo Chernobog

PRE

Eyes flicked over to the aforementioned tents, before Milo returned Green's attention. The jokes of fog did bring a smile to Milo's face, not because of any interest in weather or humor, but because poor visibility made it easier to sneak off in the night should something go awry. It wasn't something he wanted to do, but whenever he found himself outdoors it was a thought that lurked in the back of his mind.

"Thanks for the accommodation." The Fairest said, smiling to the rock man. "Not sure about plans. Fishing works, though I don't have anything to fish with. I was hoping to discuss what we specifically wanted out of this arrangement and when we'll see to bringing those desires to fruition. A shared living space was mentioned, which is something I'd like to cover in the near future. I think we also made it fairly clear at the restaurant that personal questions were off the table, except regarding Freehold business perhaps."

The Shadowsoul gave a shrug. "Was there anything you two wanted to do or discuss specifically?"

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"Getting down to business, eh? Yeah - I like the sound of that. Kinda why I had us come out here. Reckon we have enough privacy, yeah?"

The mountain looked approvingly at Milo.

"Yeah. Building a hollow is always good. As for what I want..." Green shrugged. "Backup. Company. Exploring the Great Green Beyond is always best done in a group. Maybe some extra eyes - yeah but I know I don't have the right to expect you guys to watch the borders for trouble like I do. You guys want a beer?"

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I don't want anything out of this," he shrugged. "I'm working on instinct here. And instinct tells me there's not much of anything I can do on my own," he looked at Green. "A hollow works. And I'm up for anything you need. Don't care if it's dangerous or on the other side of the fence. I could use some danger."

Milo Chernobog

PRE

"I can't claim to know much about the great green beyond, but those are terms I can accept if you will welcome the company."

The smile continued through Nathan's bit as well, though more because he was concerned he'd show his apprehension at the Beast's own statement. To profess ones desire to find danger so shortly after admitting your lack of confidence in your skills worried Milo. Maybe he was just being modest, or maybe he was simply to ignorant to discard his fearless facade. Milo was one of the Autumns that took the notion that one can lack fear as ridiculous and it might indeed be in Nathan's future that such a notion would be disabused, even if it did take some personal initiative on Milo's part.

"I'll take a beer." The Fairest said as he returned his attention to Malcolm. "I'm curious, do you have any intention of having an expedition in the near future?"

Because notions don't disabuse themselves.

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green grunted and went foraging for beer. Upon his return, the mountain continued:

"Probably. I'm always heading out that way, when I can... If I can. I got a couple of... umm... groves... that I harvest regularly. And its guaranteed that I'll find myself the time to run a patrol or two, even if its just a walk up and down the trod, yeah."

A pause.

"I got a saying: Keep your eyes to the horizon, yeah. Served me well, I guess."

Another pause, as Green sought his own pale ale.

"So. I guess if you guys do that for me... What do you want in return?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread