Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(FJ) Search for the Killer

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Miach

PRE

48h Truce

So it seemed the man wasn't so soft as his belly had implied... since he wouldn't let them in at once, it seemed they would have to play it through a different angle.

"Well... you see, sir, it's about a car crashing into a girl. And given your past... we thought you might want a private talk about it... There are hush-hush talks, you see..." he said, trying to keep up the appearance of calm, and friendliness.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-12-11 16:38:10 Miach rolls 4 to Lie through his teeth to Justine's BBFF... Man 2 + Subt 1 + Perfect Moment SP1 (10 Again) 1, 10, 8, 4, 6 2 successes

L
    LoneRanger

As I hear the words from Miach, I look around casually, calm, tranquil even a bit bored.

"Perhaps, this fine sir does not know anything 'bout it, man. It does seem he does not wanna talk about it, perhaps it is not his fault. So many accidents are caused by binge drinking, man. So let's see around if someone else could have seen it. We wish you a nice evening."

2 suxx to deceive the ex bf in thinking they are a neighbour watch
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-12-13 12:24:29 Pelican rolls 7 to to deceive the ex bf (10 Again, WillPower) 2, 2, 8, 1, 3, 8, 5 2 successes

C
    Casitive

Eyes narrow on Miach as he gives his statement. Despite the fact that the man looks as though he believes what the Acanthus tells him, what he says next is probably not what Miach expects.

“I think you three better leave. Now.”

Taking a step back, the man takes his door and begins to close it in the collected Magi's faces.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Sorry for the delay

Truce appreciates the support by his companions, as they even cast a shadow of the man's long-past crime with their words. But it all seems to fall on deaf ears as the man is insistent that they leave him alone.

Words alone would not get them through the door and it seems his own working was insufficient to influence the hit-and-runner. Still, Truce isn't about to force his way into the man's home and complicate things with the risk of involving Sleeper authorities. For now he is willing to allow the door to close.

Miach

PRE

While he was no poker player, Miach had come knowing they may face such a reaction. When this possibility became a truth, it was nothing more than a card played in the game, and definitly not their loss yet. "I understand, sir. Thank you for your time, then. Please be careful, and have a nice day." he offered while keeping his smile up, and got ready to turn and leave. Seemed like it was time to play it differently.

L
    LoneRanger

I look at the assembled mages and tell them

"shall we move? There are surely other solution to be explored."

A quick soft smile. Perhaps, it was better to regroup.

C
    Casitive

Slamming in their collective faces, the Man quickly locks the door and trundles off. Leaving the other group cold and alone on the man's porch.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce turns and steps off and away from the man's porch. He considers all the events that have unfolded. The tragedy with Justine, the effort that's been made to see that she passed on, the emotional impact on her grandfather, and now this encounter with the killer.

An accident. One made in one's youth because he had a little too much to drink. Likely he hadn't taken responsibility out of fear and selfishness. Perhaps the act had haunted him for years already, leaving him callous and paranoid. Seeing the man for himself, Truce wonders if this is even worth their time. Who would benefit from their tormenting an aging and bitter Sleeper?

He says to Miach and Pelican, "One moment, gentlemen. I'd like to check something," before he begins to utter the syllables of High Speech.

Truce weaves a new working. This one meant to summon the lingering shades in the vicinity. He does not filter the call and simply constructs the Imago to attract any Ghosts nearby. If the man had any other skeletons in his closet, the dead would be the first to know.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-12-16 09:15:53 Truce rolls 8 to cast improvised Ghost Summons [Gno+Death+HS] (10 Again) 2, 2, 7, 9, 7, 2, 9, 6 2 successes

L
    LoneRanger

I look around, to see if there is no one around.

I tell Miach with a soft voice:

"Let's move a bit further, I can make the wall transparent to our sight." Then I turn to Truce. Oh he's doing some Wizardry. All right, let's wait.

Miach

PRE

As soon as the door was closed upon them, Miach started looking around, trying to familiarize with the place. It hadn't turned out as expected, but if he wanted to be able to scry upon this place, it would be all the easier if he could visualize it. He had expected to have only a short amount of time, but apparently Truce wanted a piece of magic of his own. Well... The Acanthus waited for him to be done, and tried making the most of the couple of instants they had before their presence started becoming odd. Odder.

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread