Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1510) Terri, Ava, Coco, et al.

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Well hello, Terri," Coco pronounced amiably from behind the Blackbird Bishop. "At first I thought it was just my imagination that had conjured the sight of your spectacular hair amidst the descent of the autumn leaves, but my imagination is far too selfish to send a figment to speak to anyone but me, no matter how much I might like Ava."

The Wasp's smile transformed, broadening into a display of teeth.

"So! It must be you! It's wonderful to see you returned. I'd feared the worst when you'd for a meeting, but then never set the date."
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

S
    Saeyer

Curved a little forward over her snack, Ava's spine unfurled into proper posture at the sound of Terri's voice. A napkin was hastily drawn across her lips before she turned toward the squirrel, a pleasant smile curving her mouth. "Terri. Good to see you're back safe," she said, the warmth in her voice sincere for all that the cheerful woman made her tense, in various ways.

"I've been alright, keeping myself busy. And who can say no to a little Autumnal color, though I could do with a little more crisp in the air." Terri's last statement gave her pause, though the process of second-guessing her own hesitancy set in immediately. "Yes, we do," Ava responded with a touch of curiosity and reserve, though her smile persisted. "Some of us more easily than others. How have you been?"

Her eyes flicked to Coco as the wasp arrived in a flurry of words, some of their meanings more transparent than others. "Glad you could make it, Coco." A nicety, maybe, but said with the knowledge that neither of them were the sort to benefit from isolating themselves.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

There was always something about Ava's tone, the way the words slid from her voice, that Terri always found appealing; honey dripped and smooth. The smile that she seemed to be keeping in place was natural and honest, a sincerity that showed with the exuberant swishing of her tail beneath the black dress she was wearing.

"I've been busy with a personal errand, truth be told," Terri replied, breaking eye-contact for the first time since joining her fellow Courtier. "But its dealt with now, and life can move on." If Ava was being cautious, Terri didn't notice. She was slightly taken off-guard by the arrival of Spring's Claviger.

"Hello Coco," Terri grinned as she turned to face her one-time fencing tutor, showing white teeth in return, her eyes locking with the Dancer's briefly before the moment passed and she felt she could relax. "The worst wasn't so bad but I should apologize for not organizing our little meeting. As I was just telling Ava, a personal errand that I simply couldn't ignore." There was obviously more to the story but the Beast wasn't about to go into details; not before telling Rick and L'aire.

Briefly, she felt sorry for Coco and the conversation Terri had just left regarding Milo and Morgan. Perhaps some would call it naivete but Terri hated to see any friction between anyone, especially such a close-knit community. In her mind, everyone could be saved, even if from themselves.

"So, how have you both been?" Terri asked, looking from Coco to Ava and then back again, wishing she had taken the time to grab a drink before being all social squirrel.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"One could say that I've been dealing with some personal matters of my own," the Wasp replied with a flickering, edged smile, "but I would say that some just happen to be making things personal. Alas, it doesn't matter, for I am standing beside my fondest few friends now. Honestly, I'm not sure where I'd be without both of you."
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

S
    Saeyer

The seemingly guileless amiability of Terri's presence went a small way to easing some of the Scrivener's defenses, and she smiled sympathetically. Whatever personal errand had taken her away, it was done and private. She could respect that. There were questions she did want to ask the squirrel, but they could wait.

Coco's mention of personal matters tempered her smile, a hand reaching out to squeeze the wasp's arm briefly before dropping away. She wasn't sure she deserved any such praise, if praise it was. The way Gregory's offer of friendship had been returned still hung in her mind, but she had to admit, if she didn't actually like Coco it would've been easy to disconnect, rebuff, fade out. Might as well commit.

"We should do something again soon," she said, warmth in the faint crinkles around her eyes. "Less strangers, more conversation. We've been to a couple of poetry events together," Ava added to Terri, not wanting to leave her in the dark. "And as for me, I'm not sure how much you've heard about the new Council set up, but I've been settling in as Archivist. If you hear of any important goings-on in the 'Hold, I'd love to know about them." Nosiness aside, it really was her job.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Making things personal? Had Milo misinterpreted whatever had transpired between Coco and Morgan? Or was it simply the Fairest's game of Courtly intrigue?

Terri made a mental note but currently, the conversation was too important to ignore.

For example, the touch of Coco's arm from Ava surprised Terri but she hid her astonishment beneath a visage of calm and the ever-present-smile. It showed that a bond had been established between the Fairest and the Beast, which was interesting. Terri was aware that Ava had once been in a Motley with Mal. Perhaps Coco had replaced that void in Ava's life.

"Rick had just explained a little about the Council but nothing in much detail," she admitted, glancing towards the Elemental Magistrate. "Archivist, yeah? That sounds interesting. So, anything that occurs is brought to you, Ava?"
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Coco's Mien

Mantle:

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

The Wasp's smile broadened at the Nix's touch and lost its edge.

"We simply must get together soon! That would be so wonderful. Perhaps we could have a small party to welcome Terri back? Or perhaps we could simply all go out to eat sometime. Even with Rick, or Ramona," Coco suggested, her eyes falling upon Ava.

The Wasp was many things, of course, but she was not so unobservant to see who the Archivist had spent the last few court functions with. Council or no, she suspected it was more than professional comraderie.

S
    Saeyer

"It's a lot like being Scrivener," she confided, "But in a broader sense. Part of it is keeping the history of the Freehold safe and current, so the more people tell me the more thorough it'll be. Plus, we're not always great about letting each other know what's going on," Ava added with a resigned lift of an eyebrow. "It would be nice to be able to keep people more up to date. Might make things a little safer, too." The Freehold took care of their own, if a person assumed that all those who went missing simply left town, but they could always be better at it.

At Coco's suggestion she nodded, pleased by the idea and the inclusion of Ramona. "That's a good idea, though if we have a party to welcome Terri back two-thirds of the 'Hold will show up," she said, a small laugh in her voice. "Maybe just a gathering of friends? You, me, Ramona, Terri... L'aire?" she extended to Terri. "Rick would be welcome too, of course. I'm always partial to parties focused on eating, but I'm willing to do other things too." The intentions of her grin were benign, though the thin teeth revealed were anything but.

Her brow knit briefly in interest at a very small woman filling a plastic bowl with cider and doing... something to it. The fact that the woman had marched in and gotten straight to work without introducing herself or speaking to anyone gave her pause, though if she was drinking her own handiwork it probably wasn't dangerous. Probably.

Description

PRE

Teri nodded in agreement with Ava's assessment that the community rarely shared enough information outside of Courts and social circles. The idea of an actual inner circle of leaders was a brilliant idea, one that would only strengthen the Freehold. A tiny part of her, however, the part that wasn't cute and friendly, was ever-so-slightly miffed. If it hadn't been for Lois getting back in contact and the Steepscrambler having to miss an entire Season, she was in no doubt that she would have been on the Council.

Terri pushed the negativity down and continued to smile, catching up with the conversation.

"That would be wonderful!" she shrilled before aplogising with a bite of the lip. The idea of a social meet up was always a splendid idea. "Eating is one of my favourite things. Cooking, not so much," she added with a laugh.

OCC

S
    Saeyer

In that case, please disregard the end of my post (:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread