Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

Arthur stands just inside the entrance to the Bismark. A relaxed vest and pair of dress slacks almost give the impression of business. Fingers tapping against his thigh give away his nerves however. That Consilium had been ugly, hopefully this isn't.

Unseen Shield, Read Matrics
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-10-14 22:49:52 Arthur rolls 7 to Caution - Read Matrices (10 Again) 5, 5, 7, 6, 2, 10, 6, 3 1 success
    2015-10-14 22:49:41 Arthur rolls 7 to Caution - Unseen Shield (10 Again) 6, 7, 1, 1, 10, 2, 2, 8 2 successes
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

M
    Macabreengel

Shield 5, Sight 3
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-10-15 21:16:35 Bahlam rolls 7 to cast Supernal Vision (Wits+Occult+Prime+HS) (10 Again) 5, 4, 10, 7, 9, 1, 3, 8 3 successes
    2015-10-15 21:16:23 Bahlam rolls 7 to cast Misperception (Manip+Stealth+Mind+OS+HS) (10 Again) 10, 9, 1, 1, 9, 3, 10, 9, 4 5 successes

Bahlam arrived about 5 minutes early for his meeting with Arthur and was wearing his usual t-shirt and jeans. As he strolled into the hotel, he quickly spotted the other mage. While they hadn't been introduced, he had seen him at the last Consilium. With a nervous smile he approached the better dressed man.

"Thanks for meeting me Arthur," he said while offering his hand.

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

Arthur extends his right hand gives Bahlam a firm hand shake. "Not a problem. Walk with me there's a room we can use." Letting his hand fall Arthur nods towards the inside of the hotel and starts walking.

The Herald speaks calmly as he asks his question."So, this have to do with the last meeting?"

M
    Macabreengel

Bahlam fell in step beside Arthur and explained his request for the meeting. "It is certainly related. As you may have heard, I had a breach of etiquette during a public meeting with Avis. I wish to do penance for that and was hoping you could help me find a way to do it. Second, I would like to settle things with Avis and was hoping you could act as an arbiter between us. I can be more specific once we reach our destination."

The explanation sounded well practiced but sincere. The situation was clearly causing anxiety for the young mage.

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

Arthur simply nods and leads Bahlam to a small meeting room. Closing the door once the other mage has entered the room Arthur waves a hand at the room itself. His Will reaches out and warps the flow of sound around the two mages.

"Ok so what exactly happened. I caught a bit that you slipped a few words in public. And?"
    The Theurgist speaks calmly though intently. One piece at a time.
      Influence Sound bubble
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-10-17 11:10:00 Arthur rolls 7 to Caution - Influence Sound (10 Again) 9, 9, 8, 2, 5, 7, 7 3 successes

M
    Macabreengel

Bahlam figured that the best way to move forward would be full honesty. "At a meeting in a restaurant with Avis and Richelieu, I quietly said the words 'Banishers' and 'GLO'. At the time, I felt we had enough privacy if we were careful. Avis disagreed. She started yelling and screaming at me. I felt that with all the attention she was drawing, and if I had to be honest the hit my pride took by a public chastisement, the meeting was over, so I walked out on her."

Bahlam sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "I knew I had made a mistake, so at Consilium, I approached her and apologized. She decided that my apology was offensive and things started to escalate again." He turned back towards Arthur. "I would like to move on from this whole thing for both my own good and the good of the Consilium. I would like to do penance for any breach of secrecy that I may be guilty of. In addition, I would like to make sure that the situation between Avis and I does not add to the problems the Consilium is already having. I have offered her an apology, and she has shown no interest in it. I will not offer her a favor after hearing about what happened with Striker. I doubt she would agree to meet me and Crowley to talk this out, so that left you. No offense. I don't care if she decides to hate me, but things can not continue on this way."

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ok. So." Thoughts fail and Arthur begins to pace a straight line.

"So avoiding a personal agreement between you and Avis then we'd have to take this up to the Councilors."
    Arthur takes a breath as he mentally goes back over the Lex. "So then what should happen is that Avis would designate another Warlock to take her place as a temporary representative of the Warlocks. Then we'd have to get..well we'd have to find other mages learned in the Lex." O that's right the Factotum's left town.

"Basically, if you don't want to make a deal with Avis. Then we'd have to do this by the book."
    Arthur momentarily halts his pacing to regard Bahlam intently. "You're not part of a Cabal are you?"

M
    Macabreengel

"While I have not officially joined Fateful Watch yet, I expect I will soon. Let's assume that I am for the purpose of this discussion." Bahlam stated. He was starting with the easy part. Then instead of responding directly to Arthur's line of thought, he went in his own direction, "Why should I own Avis a favor at all? If I broke the rules, that is between the Consilium as a whole and myself, not her and I."

"I would prefer to handle this quietly. Would you be willing to act as a mediator between Avis and I? Essentially we would agree on a specific favor. I know she is your cabalmate, but I don't trust her."

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ok that may work. So the favor, it would be as a Penance of sorts." Arthur resumes his pacing of a straight line.

A frown grows. "I don't believe that acting as an intermediary would be good in the eyes of the Consilium or within my Cabal." Another breath is taken. "That being said, bringing this before the Consilium doesn't mean that it has to be done loudly. If it is done respectfully to everyone involved we can hopefully resolve it with minimal fuss."

It could set precedent that the Consilium has adults in it...maybe.

"And handling this on the down low could also set a pattern for violations of the Lex being handled behind closed doors."

M
    Macabreengel

Bahlam sighs, "That's fair." Then his expression hardens, "Alright, we do this by the book. It my be more difficult in some respects, but it is probably for the better. What is the next step? Ask Avis if she wants to charge me or will you inform the Council of a potential breach?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread