Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

Two glasses of white sit on the table as Arthur waits for the new girl to arrive. Fingers idly tap out a beat as Arthur thinks over whether it'd be smarter to just buy a bottle or not. An inside table, not outside, no thanks. No need to be Banisher bait without a pissed off Arrow nearby. Still better safe than sorry.

That smile spreads as Arthur picks up one of the glasses and takes a sip.

Unseen Shield and Read Matrices
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-10-14 22:35:19 Arthur rolls 7 to Wine - Read Matrices (10 Again) 3, 8, 5, 5, 8, 3, 2 2 successes
    2015-10-14 22:35:06 Arthur rolls 7 to Wine - Unseen Shield (10 Again) 7, 6, 5, 8, 1, 9, 6 2 successes
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx made her way into the wine bar - a nice place, but not to ritzy. Comfortable enough to hold a pleasant conversation, nice enough to have pleasant wine. She liked Arthur's taste. Running her fingers through her hair, she took a quick look around the room. She spotted a man, the only one seated alone at a table set for two, and smiled. He was seated near the back of the bar, away from the windows, so she threaded her way through most of the other tables before she approached him. Dipping her head in greeting, she took a seat across from him. "Please tell me you're Arthur," she said, an amused smirk playing across her lips. "I'll be horribly embarrassed if you're not."

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

The moment the cute blonde walked in the door Arthur had noticed. Instead of staring like some high school idiot he had instead focused back on the door and windows. Waiting for those telltale waves of magic in the Pattern. Instead the cute blonde sits down across from him.

"I am Arthur, I didn't get your name though." Business business businesss "I took a guess with white wine but they have a good selection here." His free hand waves towards the untouched glass of white as he takes a sip of his own.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Well. How very professional of him. She lifted the glass to her lips, taking a sip, and nodded in appreciation. "I could be convinced to appreciate both white and red, depending on the occasion," she answered conversationally. "You can call me Varyx, by the way. Thank you for agreeing to meet with me on such short notice."

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

The smile grows to a grin. "They each have their own place don't they. I think Red tends to be more for fun though that may be my parents rubbing off on me." Arthur gently places his glass down on the table. "Good to meet you then Varyx and not a problem. Committee outreach is what I do."

"So what brings you to Sacramento? It's an interesting town." There's other questions of course but those can wait or be danced around then too.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx leaned back in her chair, amused by the mention of his parents. That sounded like a story, though, admittedly, one perhaps they might have to get into later. For now? There were things to discuss.

"Interesting..." she repeated slowly, a smoky smirk curling the corners of her lips. "What a perfect word to describe what I've heard of this place." She considered the glass in her hand for another beat, looking for all the world like she was inspecting the colour of it but for the fact that her gaze kept flickering back up to meet Arthur's. "I came here because I wished to leave there. The law can be so unforgiving about their old-school morals sometimes, even when there's no one being harmed." She paused, wondering momentarily if Arthur would guess she was talking about the mortal law or if she'd crossed the Lex Magica. "But Sacramento specifically? Well, it's a lovely city, and my friends back home had some friends here who were willing to pass along the favours they owed me. And that makes it as good a place as any, I suppose." Then a quick smile, as if she was offering him a shared joke. "And I've already fallen so in love with the local colour, I just couldn't bring myself to leave."

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"O? So are you more free spirited or undecided?" Ya the Man be a pain sometimes but rules exist for a reason. Though maybe an Order somewhere else is ok with that.

"It is a nice town. I enjoy the weather here it's stable and not crazy like the Midwest." Who loves getting snowed on in the morning then having to put shorts on for dinner? Not this guy.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Some might call me a free spirit," Varyx answered slowly. Then she placed her wine glass back down on the table, crossing her arms over the tablecloth and leaning forward slightly. "Sometimes even I call myself that. But if I'm truly being honest? I don't break the rules when I see a reason for them, which is most of the time. My particular issue has less to do with a distaste for rules and more with a lack of respect for puritanical morals. So long as ye harm none and all that." Wrong kind of witches, she knew, but the point still resonated with what she was trying to say.

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Hmm harm can come in many forms." Arthur picks up his glass of wine. "Sadly the unseen harm can cause more problems than the visible harm."

Taking a sip Arthur nods to himself. "That is the harm that can cause issues. But anyway." The wine glass moves with his hand, moving aside the topic. Please not another.

"There are a couple of universities in town, did your friends have any favors with them?"

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx had to admit, she found Arthur's commentary on harm to be rather interesting. He was well-spoken and articulate, or he'd displayed such qualities so far. And he seemed quite adept at expressing his opinion or concerns without actually making the target feel defensive. No wonder he was a Herald. No wonder Avis had believed she'd like Arthur.

"No, no connections with with schools. I understand there have been some issues with at least one campus, so I can at least assure you that these friends of mine are very much not involved. Though I will admit that these friends of mine owe me favours of a somewhat less than legal variety. And regardless of how you may feel about the favours themselves, I can promise they certainly come in use from time to time."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread