Ended
Watch

A New Beginning

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    J
    Juan Cordoba

Juan paced around in his Haven. The rose Vivian had mentioned, was still not present. Other issues took priority. So. Many. Meetings. It was time to share with her all he knew of the threats plaguing the Domain. Dressed in jeans and gray polo shirt, black socks adorned his feet.

It's going to be a very long night...

When Vivian arrived, he opened the door to allow her entry.

V
    Vivian York

Having been called to Juan’s abode, Vivian dawned a velvet suit. It matched the fall air in Sacramento, even though it was significantly warmer than Toronto. Cream gloves complimented the blouse beneath, he may or may not have caught her off for a drive. She’d be damned if she wasted Vitae just to have a meeting in his private home. The Daeva was utterly cautious to avoid being seen. Besides, it was residential. People slept far too early some nights.

As she entered, still, no rose on the wall. Which could only mean that the man was perhaps overwhelmed. As a Whip, it was her duty to come when he called, but never in a tawdry fashion.

“Good eve, Juan.” Before the door shut, she’d left off the formal address. Who knows what passerby may have heard despite her caution.

J
    Juan Cordoba

Vivian's attire was so wonderful...yet the instinctive desire to tear it off and drink deep her heart's blood surged to the forefront of his mind. He stepped away to quell the savage predator inside of him. Fortunately, their encounters were becoming more frequent. Only the act of distancing himself for a moment was required for the higher conscious to reassert itself.

With the door closing behind her, he smiled brightly to Vivian, examining her outfit. "Looking marvelous as always..."

A moment's pause passed. "Please, do have a seat," he gestured to the leather couch. Nothing had changed since her last visit. "I hate to cut to the chase...but..." His voice hinted at the stress he had masked and she unveiled, "I have a great deal to tell you and it's important that you know as much as I."

V
    Vivian York

She had put her beast at bay until she had entirely entered into his home. Vivian let her face do what it would and she looked at him with a menace that generally was confined by a smile. Her nostrils flared, her lips turned into that of something of a retreating primal urge. She paused in her steps, one moving back toward the door. The Daeva's fangs nearly bared briefly, she began slow cleansing, and practically unnatural breathing. Letting out a long sigh, Vivian shook it off and moved swiftly to the couch.

“Apologies Priscus, and thank you for the compliment. Sometimes it’s good to just let your emotions actually take over your face.” She grinned genuinely.

“But please, no need to be formal and offer anything, and I enjoy cutting to the chase. So many of us do not.” Quickly crossing her legs and giving her Priscus undivided attention.

J
    Juan Cordoba

The Toreador's eyes dilated watching his Whip nearly bolt out of his Haven. The near flight reaction was met with a momentary mark of concern. As York's demeanor calmed, he smiled with a dismissive wave of his hand, "De nada, señorita." He nodded in silent agreement. Expressing emotions was often better than bottling them up. Concealing his feelings had gone on for too long.

Joining her on the couch at the far end, he put one leg over his knee, "Thank you for coming so quickly." Trepidation was etched on his face, before he finally confessed. "There is a very dire threat with too many moving parts. This may ultimately end in the Requiems of others and potentially myself. Should I fall victim to this, I am explicitly stating that you are my heir." The gravity of the situation necessitated a pause to gauge Vivian's state of mind.

"I am going to tell you everything I am aware of in as much detail as I can. Please stop me if you have questions. This is going to be a whirlwind of information."

A heavy sigh left his lips. "The short version is that Regent Erika Brady is a traitor to the Domain, a Diablerist. Worse yet, she has assembled a cadre of renegade Kindred and has claimed many others in her bloody campaign. David Regan is over seeing this defense project."

"The other Prisci, Josephine, Konrad." Juan paused for a moment, "Be cautious around Konrad...There's a reason Roth and Villiers spoke so poorly of me. I caught them in an act of idiocy related to this web of chaos." Again another pause as his thoughts coalesced. "...Garrick...I think is the Priscus of Haunts now. He should be aware of this situation. Seneschal Harding, Whip Antinori are both reliable contacts."

He rolled his eyes as the most knowledgeable one other than David was the one who did so little. "Lastly, there's Martha Villiers...She has followed the situation as it has progressed through the last four years." He shook his head, remembering Regan's commentary. "Personally, I don't put much faith her support. She's thin-skinned and freezes up in the midst of an argument. Don't ask for a full report on anything. She's utterly incapable of filtering things down to the important details."

"Moving onto a grave issue here - The Nox is compromised. It has been compromised for a long time. We're unaware of just how long because of the revolving door of individuals who've taken part in this madness."

V
    Vivian York

The sound of a threat perked her ears. Those entangled in it came as no shock. She’d rather hoped her Priscus was intelligent enough to escape his fate but at least he planned accordingly. “You should decree that to the Seneschal. For it will be my word against anyone’s should that come to fruition.”

“How on earth has a Fucking Diablerist remained in this Domain for such a time? When I first came here, she apparently had the trust of someone; enough to issue her a Regency.” Rare as it was for Vivian to swear, it probably still sounded sexy with her accent. Of course the other bit of David being in charge of such matters didn’t come as a surprise. If Brady was behind all of this, including the events that lead to Aileen’s demise, surly he would see to it.

“Well, that’s bloody great.” Vivian shook her head bathed in irritation. “Do I dare ask what happened regarding Roth and Villiers?” Rolling her eyes in frustration. “Strange that Garrick is so soon the Priscus, although Haunts in this Domain unfortunately never stay long.” She blamed that on a far too beautiful city of Kindred, but there was a place for everyone; including Nosferatu. She’d never turn away a friendship of their Clain. Anyone who did were unaware of the power of a good friendship.

The Daeva was unmoved by the tales of Martha’s inability to convey information straight to the point. The first night when the woman was still Seneschal, that tidbit made itself apparent. “That doesn’t surprise me in the least, Juan. Not in the least.”

Upon hearing that the Nox was compromised, Vivian sat forward. “I presume the Prince was made aware – immediately?!” She was as serious as a stake in the heart.

If Asa was not, they were all to blame for what would happen.

J
    Juan Cordoba

Watching Vivian's increasing irritation brought a glum frown to his lips. He nodded and swallowed, collecting his thoughts into a bundle as neat as he could address them. "His and Her Grace are aware of The Nox being compromised. It was His Grace's Ghoul, Cozette, who informed the Prisci that He was keeping Brady's attention distracted for a short time."

Cordoba sighed, "I apologize if I sound like one of Martha's lectures but this needs to be done."

"The main problem is there's no definitive proof as there's only been one Kindred's testimony against the Regent." Shaking his head, "As so many have come and gone, Brady has been able to simply just wait out to survive any evidence disappears with the individuals involved. I'm fast discovering that in addition to this, this she has several powerful allies to call upon should it be required."

"The charges of treason come from David Regan. Regan's own words - Aïleen McFarlane, murdered by Rayhna - an Angelina Jolie look-alike allegedly a Daeva who somehow has Protean Claws. A puzzle box connected to a Torpid Elder, was stolen from Aïleen."
    He paused recalling Martha's involvement with this, "It was Martha Villiers, who gave the order to Max Heinz to deliver the torpid elder to Brady."

Summoning more mental energy to explain was an effort. "In this long yarn, it was Regan, Hildegarde, and Baldwin who ventured into the Yolo County Bypass Wilderness. There, they found Jacqui Cotouri's bunker. Inside, Regent Roxie Hart cemented into the wall. She told them that she had witnessed Brady Diablerize a Kindred name Muir. It was then after that, Cotouri had set fire to the inside of the bunker, as it was filled with jet fuel. Roxie Hart had perished in the blaze."

He paused in thought, "We know of several associates connected to Brady. Jacqui Cotouri - a Ventrue who is skilled at a unique form of Domination. It is so potent it erases the conscious identity of a Kine. I acted on this information, I contacted Roth and Hildegarde. Roth brought in Alessandra. I've seen it first hand. Her Herd are living zombies. Unfortunately, Roth does not understand what it means to take a stealthy approach."

Juan palmed his face, "Roth instructed his Ghoul Cody to go back to the van, alone, without a flashlight. Then ordered Alessandra to fire her pistol at one of the sentries. Konrad couldn't find an alternate entrance. Hildegarde insisted we burn the metal door. As nothing flammable was available, all three tried to rip open the door."

"I demanded that we leave immediately before Cotouri started shooting arrows at us - yes, Cotouri's an archer," he added. "We returned...It was only much later, that Marco Fernandez at the Carthian Party informed me of Cody firing a roman candle at he and Konrad, burning them. I brought this information to David who told me it was without a doubt Cotouri's doing. Cody had become a Manchurian Candidate as David described it. He instructed me to speak to Katya about putting Cody down."

He stood up, slowly pacing from one side of the other. Memories were trying to sort themselves into a coherent timeline. "In that time, apparently Konrad went to Martha in secret. Martha then left a note for Katya with her concerns about Cody. Not knowing this, when I met with Katya, she brought this up. I immediately asked her to call Konrad."

"Konrad was evasive with his responses and went so far as hanging up on the Seneschal. We finally received directions to the hotel. Martha was investigating Cody's "aurica eminations." Juan's fingers formed air quotes. "It proved futile. Konrad engaged myself and Katya in a very vicious argument. Even going so far to implicate that I was under Cotouri's control. Martha froze up during the argument. When she chose to speak it was mostly "Brady is making us fight each other."

Juan smirked for merely a fleeting moment, "I admit, I was well beyond irritated and spoke poorly of her directly to her face. As she deserved it..." seriousness returned to his voice. "Thankfully, Katya managed to change Roth's mind to do what must be done. The debacle left all of us exhausted."

He paused, recalling the death of Cody. "Konrad finally accepted what had to be done."

The Priscus came to a halt, breathing slowly, not that he had to. It was the instinctive memory of a biological function that had long since passed.

V
    Vivian York

“Well, thank some power above for that.” Vivian’s only sigh of relief came before Juan began the information overload on her Daeva ears.

She didn’t look phased as Juan mentioned Rayhna having Protean. Even Vivian knew enough that sometimes there were family members with claws, she hardly thought that was relevant; some Haunts had Majesty.

“When did the Roman Candle incident with the Ghoul take place?” Very curious as so the dates. Usually those items were only in possession during the American Independence day. A day she ‘overlooked’ an invitation.

Good lord he wasn’t kidding about all the information.

Vivian was astonished at what took place as it was explained. Sure, it seemed like Toronto was barbaric at times, but this was beyond that. Twist and turns so entangled that no one seemed to know their arse from a whole in the ground. She didn’t bother hiding her reaction to the events that took place, she was downright appalled.

Her index finder flashed into the air as she leaned forward. “So, let me get this straight. Martha and Konrad met in secret regarding his compromised Ghoul. Then a note was left for the Seneschal?” Vivian paused, seething from disgust. “A bloody note?! This woman who use to be a Seneschal, now Keeper, has no regard for immediate safety of the Masquerade nor our Domain?"

"Considering the two of them had an issue cooperating with the Seneschal, how does anyone know they too aren’t working for Brady?”

Even though Konrad may have seemed okay with whatever the decision was with Cody, it could have been yet another ploy by whoever had the higher hand.

J
    Juan Cordoba

Juan nodded in acknowledgment to Vivian's frustration and angry inquiries. He started by addressing the first question. "The Roman Candle incident was on the Fourth of July at the Carthian beach party."

Then when he found out about Harding's involvement. "I was speaking with Katya in private about Cody. It was then she mentioned that the part of the story. Unbeknownst to me, Katya, Alessandra, and Tomas Warren arrived later on and ended up having to track down Konrad." Cordoba returned to pacing back and forth.

He nodded once more, "Correct. The timeline goes as follows. Konrad met with Martha at The Nox. Informing her of his concerns about Cody. Martha wrote a note to Katya. Martha's note explicitly stating her intent to examine Cody for "psychic intervention."

He paused in mid stride. "As it became obvious that we were both discussing the same thing, I told Katya to call Konrad. Then Konrad stonewalled Katya..." his voice trailed off as he considered the next point. Once again, pacing back and forth.

"Later on, myself, Katya and Martha met at David's home," he then added, "Or what I assume to be his Haven." The Priscus shuddered in remembering the acrimony that ensued. "I trust David. The man has precious little left to lose and he's doing his damnedest to set things right." He sighed with his teeth whistling with breath. "When David laid bare the cost of Martha's inaction I admit, I had a very difficult time controlling my temper."

A grim expression followed. "It's become quite apparent that Martha is hazardously negligent. David assigned her the task of finding the vagrants associated with Rhayna. He sealed the deal with a Major Boon." Juan's lips curled in annoyance. "I made my opinions abundantly clear to her face regarding her poor performance. When confronted with myself and David's great displeasure, Martha asked David if she should first, leave the meeting, then escalated to leaving the Domain."

Juan stopped pacing, "Between you and I," looking directly at Vivian, "It is nigh-impossible for me to care about her. I wouldn't shed any tears if the peg-legged child disappeared, never to return." With that comment, he fell silent, returning to pacing.

"She knows a such great deal of the history of Brady and who has ties to her. We managed to pump her for more information. We uncovered a previously unknown associate - Von Shusten, a Mekhet swordsman, who uses two swords. I imagine there's still more to wring out of her. Then we can piece things together into smaller, usable chunks." There was also the return of Baldwin. That would be addressed later on once the current topic was cleared up.

"To answer your question, no, I do not think Konrad and Martha are counted among Brady's bunch." Juan said with a shake of his head. "At least, not right now. As I see them, both are dangerously foolish. When I can get the meeting together, I plan to announce caution to the rest of our Clan."

The whole ordeal was exhausting, but, as Juan saw it, Vivian had to know as much as he did. No details could slip through the cracks as it had done so before with so many others. "I voiced my concern about Konrad to Katya, David and Martha. I care not if Konrad hears that I have such feelings. He isn't thinking straight - if he is capable at all at this point. She's as cowardly as the Alaskan Winter is long."

V
    Vivian York

If this was the abridged version of all of the information he’d gathered, the Daeva was surprised Juan hadn’t staked himself.

“Glad I didn’t go to that beach party then. Although, I’m still disappointed I’ve yet to wear my new bathing suit.” Vivian hadn’t been keen on a lot of Carthians in one evening. Now, more than ever, she was glad she ‘forgot’.

Vivian remembered her conversation with Katya a while back. How she voiced her concerns regarding safety. Now that it was coming to a head, she wondered if the Gangrel remembered what she’d said.

Her eyes had followed his pacing. Thankfully, she didn’t get dizzy now that they were dead. Those that failed to pass on information or dodged vital things that happened seemed just as guilty as Brady and the others involved. When the subject of the other Shadow came up, Vivian agreed wholeheartedly. “Yes, I too trust David. He’s told me other pieces of this situation and what its cost him. Your assessment is entirely correct about the Shadow.”

Turning her head sharply as Juan spared nothing as to his true feelings of Martha, her eyes were wide; not in shock of who he spoke of but that he was so honest. Vivian grinned ear to ear and nodded. “My sentiments exactly.”

“Konrad isn’t thinking straight because of his Ghoul or the situation as a result of his Ghoul?” Either way, if his Ghoul was compromised, he could be next if he were that weak minded.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 20

You do not have permission to view the list of names.