Ended
Watch
21 - 25
DISPLAYED
(AC 2015) Ava, L'aire et al.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    S
    Saeyer

"The season is a good place to start," Ava agreed with a small nod. "If you swore for longer and had, or wanted, to leave before the time was up, there is a chance it would break the oath. Without any firsthand experience of that, I would assume it would have to do with how a person left and why. And, that would mean whatever benefit the pledge had given you for being a part of the Freehold would sour." Not forever, but she wasn't keen to downplay the seriousness of breaking an oath.

It was an interesting question: at what point did the pledge break? It would, she assumed, hold indefinitely until a person either put the Freehold in jeopardy somehow, or gave up any intention of returning, breaking the promise through negligence. She didn't imagine any of those who had left and returned would be interested in answering such a query.

Speaking of, she followed Evelynn's gaze. "That's Terri and Rick. Terri was out of town for a little while, just got back from the look of things. They've both been a part of the Freehold for quite some time." They were adorable, she supposed, though the corners of her mouth tugged downward for a split second in distaste at the word. There was nothing wrong with being adorable, objectively, it just wasn't a word she preferred to associate with the Court of Fear. But, with both Terri and Morgan in their midst, the Ashen Court was looking cuter every day. C'est la vie. Being cute didn't suddenly rob a person of their merit.

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)
    Wizened Inventor/Telluric

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Short and petite, Evelynn is pale, with a pair of wide brown eyes hidden behind a set of very large glasses.

Mein

A thin, long-fingered woman with eyes that are impossibly large and glassy, giving her the appearance of wearing large, thick glasses when she's not. Her skin is almost translucent in its paleness, and underneath, one can sometimes see the ticking of clockwork parts.

Mantle

The occasional hush falls around her - those moments of silence where surrounding conversations all lull at the same moment seem to happen more often, or perhaps the silences are just more noticeable.
    Pledges

Winter Annual Freehold Pledge

PRE

Evelynn was still watching the couple with a little grin on her face, so she missed Ava's reaction to her choice of words. Still, it felt odd to stare, so she turned her attention back to Ava and then nodded resolutely. "Okay, well, sounds like a seasonal oath would be a good idea for now. I can certainly manage to stick around for a season or two. I figure that'll be long enough to decide if I like it here, and then maybe I'll move on to the yearly oath!" She smiled brightly at the Scrivener, feeling a sudden jolt of pleasure at the thought of having reason to call Sacramento 'home,' beyond just having broken down here.

"So, uh, could you kind of show me what to do?" She paused, a her grin turning sheepish again. "I mean, I dunno, is there are formal wording for the oath that I'm supposed to use, or any kind of ceremony to it, or...?"

S
    Saeyer

"Sure, if you'd like. There's a basic structure to it, but Ms. Jasons mentioned what you really need: a promise of loyalty and for how long, the offering of a skill you can bring to the 'Hold, and the understanding of the consequences of breaking it. I'll speak first, if you'd like." Still holding her empty mug, Ava headed for Ms. Jasons.

Pledge made, she floated back to fill her mug.

Evelynn feel free to come back to continue here or join another conversation; if Evelynn doesn't return Ava will rejoin the main thread

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)
    Wizened Inventor/Telluric

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Short and petite, Evelynn is pale, with a pair of wide brown eyes hidden behind a set of very large glasses.

Mein

A thin, long-fingered woman with eyes that are impossibly large and glassy, giving her the appearance of wearing large, thick glasses when she's not. Her skin is almost translucent in its paleness, and underneath, one can sometimes see the ticking of clockwork parts.

Mantle

The occasional hush falls around her - those moments of silence where surrounding conversations all lull at the same moment seem to happen more often, or perhaps the silences are just more noticeable.
    Pledges

Winter Annual Freehold Pledge

PRE

Evelynn smiled at Ava, greatly appreciating the opportunity to see Ava go first. "Thanks for being so helpful, Ava. I really appreciate it!"

She followed the Scrivener to see Betony Rue and made her pledge, then paused to speak with Richard, Morgan and Lynn, though she shot Ava another smile from across the room as she did.

S
    Saeyer

Ava rejoins the main thread

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 19

You do not have permission to view the list of names.