Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(AC 2015) Ava, L'aire et al.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Saeyer

Offer extended, the Nix angled her ear toward the Emissary, the question bringing a smirk to her lips behind her lifted mug. "Sounds that way to me." It was pleasant enough to the ear, despite the fact he hadn't had a chance to say much yet.

Finally taking a sip, she made a small sound of approval before lowering her cider, hoping to avoid looking like she was whispering about the new arrivals, despite the fact that she was. As a couple more Autumns slipped into the gathering, she watched Milo forgo greetings in favor of pie filling, clearly a man with priorities. Amusement gathered in the fine lines around her eyes as she looked back to L'aire. "How've you been?"

Not wanting to cut Evelynn off as she asked for names, she didn't launch into any further into the conversation for the moment.

S
    Sasha

L’aire watched as the Draconic continued to talk to Lynn. Richard was hopefully different than the one who burned the Freehold, and perhaps Lou. “I sort of wonder what he will be like.” She whispered again. “Do you remember Lou? The one with the shimmering white scales several years ago?” That man was embedded in her memory as much as John. Considering he was insanely jealous and possessive and they were only friends. Richard's scales were far more pale than other's she'd known.

“I’ve been alright. Sorry I abruptly left the store way back when.” Now was a good a time as any to mention it.

Waving to Rick Pereg as he entered, she smiled to sky blue man, his season was now about. The Winds he brought in surely were felt by some. The breeze trickled toward the two of them.

Turning back to the Nix of Autumn, she grinned. “How have you been? That one guy in the shop seemed different. I was too distracted to say much that day.”

S
    Saeyer

Recalling the faces of the few people she had met before the Freehold underwent drastic changes, Ava shook her head. "Mm, I don't think I ever met Lou. I was only here for one coronation, Before." It was a little surreal to think about, how short a time she had been in Sacramento before the floor fell out.

"Oh, don't worry about it, at all." Plenty of people came in, looked at a couple of things, and walked right back out; the only things that had made L'aire's exit stand out were the fact that she belonged to the Freehold, and something of what she'd said.

At the mention of 'that one guy in the shop' the Nix's ears reddened ever so slightly. "He certainly is a little different. We ran into each other again, at- oh, you were there too; it was that slam poetry thing. We got talking and he's pretty interesting, very smart guy. A bit odd, too, but I like that in a person," she added, a little more warmth in her tone than strictly necessary. Taking a sip to cover a faint sense of being caught out in something, her eyes picked out Coco 's entrance to the gathering, ambivalence clouding her thoughts before settling into ambient, anxious noise in her mind.

Focusing back in, another detail of the day in the book store came back to her. "Did you ever find what you were looking for?"

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)
    Wizened Inventor/Telluric

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Short and petite, Evelynn is pale, with a pair of wide brown eyes hidden behind a set of very large glasses.

Mein

A thin, long-fingered woman with eyes that are impossibly large and glassy, giving her the appearance of wearing large, thick glasses when she's not. Her skin is almost translucent in its paleness, and underneath, one can sometimes see the ticking of clockwork parts.

Mantle

The occasional hush falls around her - those moments of silence where surrounding conversations all lull at the same moment seem to happen more often, or perhaps the silences are just more noticeable.
    Pledges

Winter Annual Freehold Pledge

PRE

Evelynn approached the two women, a shy smile on her face. They were already engaged in conversation, which didn't bother her much. She didn't wish to interrupt, so she simply took a sip of her cider and nodded a quick greeting to them, then turned her attention to the rest of the room, watching the interactions of the others with curiosity on her face.

S
    Sasha

L’aire could have sworn Ava had been around much longer. But, her memory wasn’t the most pristine. “Hmm, okay. I should tell you about that sometime.”

“Oh yes, the poetry slam.” The Fairest bit her lip in a quick attempt to hide her smirk. The Dancer was a little focused on other matters that evening, like the world around her flew away. “I remember seeing you, but not that guy. I’m glad you’ve found someone that seems to be as intelligent as you. We need someone with a common ground once in a while, even if it’s friends or something else.” Grinning sweetly; not trying to suggest anything further, but she viewed the Beast as very smart and a little quirky, which was completely fine.

The Fairest was thankful that the Nix didn’t seem to be bothered by her awkwardness at her store. “No, I didn’t. That just means I’ll need to make a trip back soon…”

“Oh, hello there. Evelynn is it?” Greeting the Wizened in a genuine friendly smile. The Fairest opened her stance from Ava. “Welcome, again if no one’s said it. I go by L’aire, or Sasha outside of the Freehold. This is Ava.” Her graceful hand moved to indicate the Autumn next to her.

S
    Saeyer

"Please do." She wasn't sure if L'aire meant Lou specifically, or Before, but she was interested in both. If this other Draconic left such an impression it was surely a story worth hearing.

The sweet smile was answered with a small laugh, almost sheepish. "I'm pretty sure he's smarter than me. But you're right, common ground is wonderful." The 'something else' didn't escape her, but since she wasn't even really sure what was what, yet, she left it as it was. Besides, her feelings on the matter were a little complicated for light conversation near the drinks at a coronation event.

"I work most evenings, so if you want help looking..." The offer was accompanied with a smile and a one-shouldered shrug, casual; if the Winter didn't take her up on it she wouldn't be offended.

Looking to Evelynn, the Scrivener raised a slender hand as she was introduced. "Nice to meet you. What brings you to Sacramento?" Friendly until she felt a need to be otherwise, her tone was perfectly genial.

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Short and petite, Evelynn is pale, with a pair of wide brown eyes hidden behind a set of very large glasses.

Mein

A thin, long-fingered woman with eyes that are impossibly large and glassy, giving her the appearance of wearing large, thick glasses when she's not. Her skin is almost translucent in its paleness, and underneath, one can sometimes see the ticking of clockwork parts.

Mantle

The occasional hush falls around her - those moments of silence where surrounding conversations all lull at the same moment seem to happen more often, or perhaps the silences are just more noticeable.
    Pledges

PRE

Evelynn smiled at the greetings, dipping her head in response to each. "Pleased to meet you ladies."

A slight blush coloured her cheeks at Ava's question, and her smile turned a bit sheepish. "Erm, well, to be perfectly honest... My car broke down. I was on... a bit of a roadtrip," she explained awkwardly. No need to get into her personal issues here, after all. "I've never really had anywhere to just... stay before. But I found out about the Coronation the same day my car gave out, and I decided maybe it was Fate telling me it was time to find somewhere to call home. At least for now."

S
    Sasha

L’aire would have to make a mental note to catch up Ava about the other dragon soon. Not the scary one, the overly pretty one.

Shaking her head, she snickered. “Well, maybe you two are equal but in different areas.” Shrugging a little, not wanting to pry. L’aire didn’t know what happened after she left the poetry night; she barely knew what happened while she was there as it was.

“Oh no. Car problems? That’s not good, but I think you’re right. Fate may have brought you here. But the reasons may not make themselves known for quite some time.” The Onyx grinned in one corner of her mouth. “Well, at least it was that way for me. There was a time I didn’t quite feel like I belonged. But, that could have been just our nature. Hard to shake no matter how long you’ve not been with Them.”

The Dancer looked to Autumn’s Nix, a soft grin of knowing what the Freehold gave back. Or took for that matter. “Where had you been traveling to?” Not that it mattered but maybe it would give an indication on some interests the Wizened had.

“And maybe some night I could take Evlynn to the store with me. She could see where it was as well.” Offering to assist in becoming more acquainted with Sacramento, L’aire couldn’t help but smile. It was all she could do to not feel outnumbered in the brains department.

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Mein

Mantle

Pledges

PRE

Evelynn lifted a hand to scratch the back of her neck at L'aire's first question, shuffling a bit awkwardly. "Nowhere in particular, honestly. I was more... travelling from than to, if you catch my meaning," she explained softly.

The mention of the store was a happy change of topic, one that made her grin, bright and genuine. "Oh! I think I overheard one of you say it was a bookstore, right? I would really like that! Thank you!" She appreciated the gesture and the welcoming offer of assistance, thinking maybe her initial impression of the unwelcoming gargoyle-man hadn't been so accurate after all. And books? Oh, Evelynn loved books. She smiled at Ava. "I believe I heard you say you worked there, right? How lovely!"

S
    Saeyer

"Ahh, rough luck about your car. I was living out of my car when I first got here, too." Her delivery was a little too matter-of-fact to be nostalgic, but it certainly brought back memories. Mostly memories of burrowing into piles of clothing and being terrified she was going to wake up to someone's face pressed against the window. Probably the thing she missed most was the feeling of anchorless freedom, with everything all packed up she could've rolled out of town whenever.

Not so much anymore. In a lot of ways it was a relief to have somewhere that felt like home, even if that home was lousy with Hedge-dangers. Sharing the Winter's look with a smile of her own she took a sip of cider as the topic turned back toward the bookstore.

Pleasantly surprised by Evelynn's response, Ava grinned. "I do, yeah. It's a little second hand place, Marginalia; we make a point of buying books that've been marked up a bit. You should definitely come by, unless tight spaces bother you- some of our organizing includes extensive stacking. What do you usually read?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 19

You do not have permission to view the list of names.