31 - 34
DISPLAYED
(IT) Price of Knowledge

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

"If you include herself, Avis owns three Councilors. So actually, she has far more authority than you do." Einstein didn't smirk or smile as she said it. It came out as a sad fact that she had already decided wasn't worth the effort to change yet. "But that's neither here nor there."

"And, you don't get it. The point here is that there isn't anything else to learn from it, not directly, anyway. Which is the whole point. Why would the Banishers keep something like this around? Can we stop it from happening? Those are the questions it can answer for us."
    Einstein grit her teeth together. "If we destroy it, here and now, one day, it will bite us in the ass. Someday, the war will come to a head, and the Reapers will come out to play, and when half of your precious Consilium has their souls torn out because nobody had figured out a way to better counteract their magic, who do you think is going to get blamed? We will. Us, the ones who destroyed the only clue to their powers."

"Even more than that..."
    Dark thoughts wormed their way into Einstein, and she started talking more softly. "We can use it. Not as...not as something immediate, no. But...eventually. A last resort. A nuclear solution, of sorts. None of us want to do it, but...we need to consider every option, every possibility. Even your Consilium destroys souls in extreme cases - this isn't that far off from the same thing."

"The Consilium may not be our enemy, but it's not our friend, either. Despite how we might talk about it, it isn't an organism in and of itself. It's a group of people, each one with their own selfish desires and thoughts on how best to resolve a problem. We've seen, over and over again, how that turns out. How much more proof do you need that maybe we should be more careful with knowledge as potentially destructive as this?"

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

To Crowley, Truce says, "I'm fairly certain I just said I've accepted the decision not to destroy it. And it is for those very reasons you've mentioned that I suggested turning it over to the Mysterium. And unless I'm mistaken, Banisher thinking has to do with destroying all Truth, not just that which is unWise. You know who I think should be making the decision on what is bad or good, the Wisest Among Us, which is why that position exists. The reason we should trust the Consilium is because we are part of it."

To Einstein, Truce says. "Star is no longer a Councilor. You may not be aware since you've decided to forgo attending Consilium meetings, but Ermac has been reinstated as the Obrimos Councilor. Perhaps you should reconsider attending if only to know that much. And Avis doesn't own anyone. They are all individuals with their own minds and ways of thinking. Just because she's the most vocal member of her Cabal doesn't mean she speaks for them."

To both he continues, "These are Awakened Magi, each trying to protect themselves and the Truth. They have a right to know what dangers they should be expected to face. For the sake of argument, if we were to learn something about defending ourselves against this sort of working, would we keep that too a secret? Why not start calling ourselves an off-brand Mysterium then? And here I thought the Free Council believed in mutual aid. Look, I'm sorry you two have been denied your posts within the Consilium. But I am a member and a Councilor both. I have a duty, not just to my Path, but to all of us. And I'd like to remind you of yours."

Truce takes a breath, having been speaking rapidly for a moment there. "That being said, because you both are decided on this, I will not argue to hand the Deathless over to anyone else, that it shall remain within Temoins du Sud's care. And I will defend that stance because while I am a member of the Consilium I am first and foremost a member of this Cabal. I hope you'll give my words the same weight as I give yours. But I will inform the Consilium of our findings, only I will be vague in the details regarding the manuscript itself. We will refer to this as 'A Banisher Weapon' that we are investigating, likely obtained from some other source. I believe we have no chance of securing the secret Library by ourselves though, so I can't advise keeping that a secret. If we were to acquire more members though...perhaps it can be done."

3. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley accepts the proposal.

"Lets give them the news at the next Concilium meeting."

This scene has been hanging unresolved for a bit, so lets bring it to an end.

C
    Casitive

I agree. Good Scene.

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread