Ended
Watch

(1510) Consilium

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 14 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Evening Councilor," Avis replied casually, pausing a beat before raising a beringed hand to point at the wreath of green around the other woman's neck. "That have any particular meaning? I would take a guess, but I think you'd appreciate the chance to explain yourself...I mean, the chance to express your perspective."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Avis and Flidais continue here...
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Flidais listens politely and a genuine small smile finds itself planted on her face. "Pleasant until claws come out? What about threat to power? Or maybe perceived threat to pack?" Flidais was slightly confused at this different side to Avis, but pleasantly surprised.

"It's uncomfortable... As with many things worth having there is a cost. It's also a reminder that discomfort comes with life. It seemed relevant to me tonight as positions of power, I think, should be the most uncomfortable to hold." Flidais said before looking down at it before looking back up at Avis.

"Did that align with your guess?" Flidais asked, genuine curiosity in her voice.

"I think you just confirmed it, but the reason I came over was to ask what is happening with the councillor position for my path. I have been studying the lex magica and the charter in case but I didn't want to assume"
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Huh," came the Warlock's bland reply. She definitely hadn't expected the Ms. Humane Society to come up with something as insightful as that. Not the power being uncomfortable bullshit. Damocle's pinchushion, blah, blah, blah. No, that wasn't it. It was that the wreath, a symbol of the natural Lie, had become a symbol of discomfort. The flowers, no matter how pretty they might look, were the manifestations of irritation and the chafing caused by the oppression of what Flidais had called life. The petals were the disguise, the incentive to conceive of the Lie's pleasantries, no matter how abrasive the plants really were.

Her opinion of the Thyrsus councilor rose, even if Avis thought Flidais was missing some of the point.

"You're close,"
    Avis clarified with a shrug. "For now, I'll just say I see it as a representation of a universal truth: that existence is war. I'd be happy to go into detail another time, but at the moment, you're right, we should talk about the Council. By my reckoning, since you're the eldest Thyrsus in town at this point the position defaults to you. That should give you three months to find a Cabal if you don't have one already."

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley appears - with a gait markedly slower than usual and favouring his left side. Tonight the Acanthus wares his dark coat. The rest is the same: a ratty T with baggy jeans, chains, and heavy work boots. No bandana this time - his unruly hair obscures his eyes.

The physical wounds are still fresh. Its why his hand ghosts across his slashed stomach, checking the bandages one last time before the meeting commences. He doesn't want to bleed anywhere, not in someone else's house. Heck - in any house. The psychological wounds are less fresh, but they are mounting: A woman called Rabbit; Guttenberg's artist ensemble; the Herald issue.

Speaking of...

Crowley limps over to the refreshments and prepares himself a coffee, determinedly looking away from the more alcoholic beverages on offer. His eyes seek out the remaining Herald. He grunts when he can't find him and imbibes some of his coffee.

L
    LoneRanger

I see the confusion spreading on the Concilor face and with a kind smile I inform him:

"Eh; I am sorry, councilor Truce, for the confusion. it is one of the GLO groups, and we are looking into it. I thought the Hierach would like to know if the investigation on them are getting somewhere. Please inform him they are going, so far. And we are hopeful, in the next steps, to get rid of them."

The tone is somehow formal, but as friendly, as the situation dictated.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"Ah, I see. Perhaps that was mentioned before but I had forgotten. I am aware of the GLO situation to an extent. I'll bring it up to the Hierarch that Fateful Watch is in the midst of an investigation. Please do let me know if there are further discoveries, and don't be afraid to share what you have with the whole of the Consilium. The others may wish to be aware of your efforts so as not to interfere. Thank you for letting me know."

"I trust everything else is well?" he asks, wondering if there is any more to discuss between them for the moment.

M
    Matrixchild

Just as Bahlam walked in July said to Star, "you want to talk to him about his fuck up, or should I?" He figured Star was probably more in charge of the Guardians than he was but July was a sentinel, so it was certainly a toss up.

Shifting his focus to Star's talk of bets and something went off inside him. He hadn't bet in a while and maybe now was the perfect time to start. "He'll probably get friendzoned if anything. Striker all over again."

L
    LoneRanger

I smile at the Councilor then I inform him with a kind and cordial tone:

"Everything is fine, thank you. I Hope the same for you. I'll keep you posted, be sure."

A small pause. My right arm motions in a prim and poper way toward the rest of Mages.

"Thank you for the kind attention. Shall we go?"

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"Certainly," agrees Truce when Pelican gestures back to the cluster of conversations.

Truce returns to the main thread.

Page 4 of 14 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread