Ended
Watch

(1510) Consilium

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 14 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce listens, some confusion spreading over his expression. "Oh?" he says, pausing to consider what is said. "You and Miach discovered something? I'm afraid I'm not certain what Attack Dog you're referring to, but if you believe the Hierarch will understand I can pass along that message. He will be in attendance tonight, so I hear."

He wonders if this attack dog is of a literal sense or the name of some organization. Perhaps they are related to the Banisher threat, though. The message is so vague though, Truce doubts the Hierarch will be able to do much with the information.

"Perhaps you aught to share your findings during the meeting? I can schedule an item on the agenda if you like," he suggests helpfully.

E
    Ermac

Returning to the Bismark, it was a pleasant sight to see. He was visibly relaxed. The knowledge there wasn't a chance in Einstein would be given opportunity to disrupt the gathering. Like yelling at Emrys. Or pretending not to know what was going on and threatening to throw everyone out. That was just beyond immature as an Awakened. Frankly for anyone over the age of eighteen.

He brushed aside the memory. Focusing on tonight's affairs. It was once again time to mingle and catch up on news in the Consilium. He waved to his cabalmates, Star, Avis, July, and Arthur.

Ermac went over to July and Star stopping by for caffiene. "Hey cool hair cut."

2 sight, 4 armor
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-10-14 14:22:22 Ermac rolls 9 to Unseen Shield [Gno + Forces + HS] (10 Again) 1, 9, 10, 10, 2, 9, 5, 6, 4, 1, 5 4 successes
    2015-10-14 14:20:40 Ermac rolls 7 to Supernal Vision [Gno + Prime +HS] (10 Again) 9, 6, 2, 7, 6, 10, 3, 1 2 successes

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx offered a quick wave to Avis as she arrived, then offered a smile and nod to the small group gathering by the buffet.

She accepted Richelieu's handshake with a smile. "Sacramento is quite beautiful. I do believe I could be very happy here," she answered. "Interesting is the perfect word for it, yes. And you would be correct in your deduction. I am a Mastigos."

"Excellent, I am happy to see our numbers grow here in Sacramento."

Said Richelieu with an approving smile.

"Do you claim membership in one of the order? I am a member of the silver ladder myself. Avis is of the Adamantine Arrow and our last brethen, Balham, is of the guardians."

Richelieu was curious what order this new mastigos was a member of and whether their interests aligned.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Actually, I am, as of yet, unaligned. I hadn't yet found sufficient reason to ally myself with one of the orders. Though, from what Avis has told me about the myriad threats here, such allegiance seems almost a requirement of survival," Varyx answered, shrugging. "I certainly intend to look into joining an Order eventually. I haven't yet had much opportunity to look into the options, however."

Shall we continue this conversation on another thread?

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Awww, you know. It was, just..." Fingers reached up to rub at bristle. "...Anyway. Dude's moms said I couldn't do the, uh, ceremony. Unless I cut my hair. Said it wasn't, like, I dunno. Respectful. Looking. Whatever."

Funny how something like a hair cut can change so much. Not just appearance, but everything. The soft weight, warmth, that was so familiar -- now nothing but weird breezes and blazing sun on skin that hadn't seen either in years.

"Hey, Ermac."

Long fingers waggled into a little wave before tucking back into the crook of a suited elbow.

"And, uh, yeeeeah?"
    Eyebrows, too. There's no more disappearing eyebrow. It arcs upward freely now, like a naked question mark at the red dress. "Is, uh. Is that guy, like, hitting on her? The one with the, what is that, with a big cross. Bets, anyone? Bets?"
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Richelieu drew Varyx away from the masses so that they could socialize in a more relaxed environment.

"It's not a flaw that you have not joined an order yet. These things takes time and I would feel better if you made an informed decision before joining one. Like I said I can inform you about the silver ladder and there are other mages that can inform you better about the other orders. Actually, it's more important that you join a cabal than an order."

He took some time to gaze at the beautiful mastigos though not out of lust but to better understand her personality. He was of the ladder and it was his duty to guide her on the best path to her awakened life.

"How about we start slowly. What exactly do you intend to do with you newly awakened powers and how do you feel about the sleepers?"

varyx and richelieu continues here

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Another smile, this one of amusement, broke over Varyx's lips.

"Ah. Actually, I've been Awakened for a few years. It was not out of a lack of time that I haven't yet joined an order. More out of a lack of interest. I only recently arrived in Sacramento and suffice to say... things were not nearly so dangerous back home as they are here. Believe me, Avis has fully impressed upon me the importance of joining a cabal. It's simply a question now of which one."

She paused, considering the actual content of his question. "Up until now, I simply lived as I had before Awakening. I just had the ability to cheat reality as I required. But, as with all things, that couldn't last, and I found it more viable to move on to a different city, which is how I found myself here. As for the future... I'm shamefully unfamiliar with Awakened life and politics for someone who has been Awakened as long as I have, so I suppose the honest answer would be that I can't truly say how my intentions and attitudes might change in the next little while, as I become more familiar with the Consilium."

10. Likes Phoenix liked this post
    M
    Macabreengel

Eyes 3, Shield 2
    Date Action Roll Result
    2015-10-14 20:33:22 Bahlam rolls 6 to cast Supernal Vision (Wits+Occult+Prime+HS-Retry) (10 Again) 5, 8, 7, 9, 8, 1 3 successes
    2015-10-14 20:33:05 Bahlam rolls 1 to cast Supernal Vision (Wits+Occult+Prime+HS) (10 Again) 7 failure
    2015-10-14 20:32:54 Bahlam rolls 7 to cast Misperception (Manip+Stealth+Mind+OS+HS) (10 Again) 2, 3, 1, 10, 1, 1, 8, 7 2 successes

Bahlam showed up in his usual jeans and a tee. He was hoping to slip in, avoid notice, and get out without any problems but wasn't counting on it. As he entered the room, he quickly scanned it for Avis. Apparently there was a new girl, however, and she was distracting. Too bad she wasn't a dorky looking man-boy. Then it wouldn't be him that was distracted. Eventually he found her. New look..., Hmmm... He found a table on the opposite side of the room of her and slipped into a chair.

Page 3 of 14 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last
Closed Thread