Page 2 of 14 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Nice hotel, yo.

Hopefully no one was going to have to steal borrow a key card this time. Or... bleed. No cats, please. Or fisticuffs. Slip in, don't make a scene, someone else will make a scene soon enough. No one needs an Acanthus to know that by now.

Look around. See everyone. The way people look? It tells a story. Sometimes, the story gets a chapter with a dark suit and haircut. Don't ask.

"Sup."

Cloth rustled as arms folded next to July .

"I miss anything good?"
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx smiled at Truce's greeting and question.

"I intended to speak with them, but sadly I hadn't been able to organize a meeting before this evening. No matter. I expect I'll meet both of them tonight. So far, the only person I've spoken to is Avis, as my own Councillor. She provided me with the contact information of most of the people I should need to meet. I simply hadn't had the chance to make use of her information quite yet."

Then she turned to July to return his nod, then looked at Pelican as he approached and introduced herself, "Pleased to meet you, Pelican. I'm Varyx." She nodded in response to Richelieu's greeting, "Varyx. It's a pleasure."

She considered, for a moment, approaching those who hadn't already spoken to her, but decided against it. If they wanted to speak, they could approach. If they were the sort of people who disliked large gatherings or meeting new people, it wouldn't do her any good to force her company on them.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Honestly, Avis missed the Mop, but whatever. It'd come back eventually. As was the way with all flesh, appearance was transient. Fickle as shadow cast by flame. Not on the walls of a cave, but on the walls of their mind. Each dancing leap of darkness birthing phantoms, forming beings and worlds from nothing. It was creation, no matter how ephemeral it felt, and that was why, no matter how well the Cave fit as a metaphor for the Supernal, Avis would never use it.

For her, that dance of shadow was what set the Awakened apart. That ability for their mind, their will, to cast a new reality over that which they thought was immutable truth, and through it, transform lie into Truth, just as fire transformed wood and shadow transformed a wall into another realm.

Today, she'd chosen a particular shadow. She wondered in which of the Magi's eyes would it cause her to become transformed...

The Shadow
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Well she sure is cute, I wonder if she is doing anything after... The thought crossed Flidais' mind, she couldn't help but wonder what Varyx would smell like... if she had the nose of a wolf... Sometimes animals had all the advantages. She dismissed the thoughts as her bodies desires and focussed her mind on the bigger picture.

"Nice to meet you Varyx, I would stay around and talk more but I see someone I need to go talk to." Flidais said, excusing herself before walking over to Avis .

"Good evening councillor Avis."
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

M
    Matrixchild

Coffee. The second best alternative to liquor. The first best alternative of course would be painkillers. He finished making his cup and turned himself to fully face the group. Just as he got himself settled into the statue position Star approached with a new haircut. He turned slightly to look at Star as he spoke. "Nothing yet, just the usual being their usual nice selves. Everyone's flocking around the new girl like deer on a sugar cube. You know me, I'm the stand back and observe type." He paused for a moment and turned forward again, taking a sip of his coffee. As he pulled the cup away he said, "by the way, nice haircut," ​then went right back to drinking his coffee.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Once they've stepped away from the group of Magi, Truce says to Pelican, "Now, Provost Pelican, what is it you wished to speak to me about?"

Considering the lack of Moroi in the city, Truce doubts the subject would be regarding their Path, though it is possible that Pelican encountered a new Moros. Their dealings with Justine's ghost had brought them closer, though Truce still knew little about the man he had named Provost.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce notes the arrival of July. He hopes to have another word with the Sentinel before the the proceedings began, but Pelican's arrival and request garners his attention.

"Good to meet you, Richelieu. And hello, Provost. I think right now would be best, if you need to speak with me about something. Let's speak over here," offers the Councilor, his hand gesturing to the other side of the raised platform where a private word might be exchanged.

Truce and Pelican continue here

L
    LoneRanger

I walk with quick steps to the Councilor and inform him with pleasant, somehow business type, voice:

"The cabal I am part of is glad to have found some data regarding the Attack Dog. We'll be investigating them a little bit further. Please, inform our esteemed" a small pause "Hierarch of our small work."

Hands are down and relaxed. I give a look at the other Moros and smile to him friendly.

"And of course, best of luck with the Consilium."

L
    LoneRanger

"With your permission"

I state with a kind smile to all assembled mage and follow quickly the Moros Councilor.

He watched as truce went to a private meeting with another mage and then turned towards Varyx. He offered her a handshake.

" A pleasure as well miss Varyx. I have only arrived recently in the city, a couple of months to be precise. How do you find our beautiful city of Sacramento? I found it to be interesting so far."

He paused for a moment before continuing.

"I heard you have talked with Avis. May I deduce that you are a mastigos as well?"

It was interesting to see the path growing stronger with time.

Page 2 of 14 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last
Closed Thread