Ended
Watch

(1510) Consilium

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 12 of 14 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"You're wrong, Miach," Avis declared, voice rising with annoying sharpness. "The Lie and the Abyss are not the same thing. Though the Lie is in Conflict with the Truth, it is still shaped by the Truth. The Exarch's thrones are in the Supernal Realms, and it is from there that they are able to create their dominion. The Abyss, however...that is the antithesis of everything. Truth or Lie.

"It does not matter what you think,"
    she continued. "The Abyss cannot be known. It is impossible to learn of it! I know, for I have seen Scelesi twice and took part in destroying the last twisted cabal of them that had infested a part of this city. Those are the remains of people that tried to learn about the Abyss! If you attempt to do the same then you shall end up just the same as them. So do not try to learn of the Abyss! Do not fall into hubris and think that you are different from all those before you. If you have any sense, you will destroy those papers and only record how you stopped this manifestation."

"But," she added, holding up a hand, "as Emrys mentioned, yes, autonomy is something Cabals are allowed within the confines of the written laws and the dictates of the Council. Just don't think that that autonomy is a shield if anyone begins fucking around with the Abyss. That would make you an Enemy of the Consilium, and were that to happen then I would take an Oath against you just as I am about to do now against the Banishers."

The Talon cleared her throat, dropped her hands, and then spoke clearly and slowly, "I, Avis of Pandemonium, First Talon of the Ungula Draconis, swear to rid the city of the drug known as GLO and to rid Sacramento State University of every Banisher on the campus."

A simple statement, but one that resonated with power, with the Supernal. For speech and action were one and the same for the Adamantine Arrow. If something was said, it was done. If it was done, then it had been said. Such was the strength of the Oath.

Avis is going to bind 2 points of the Oathbound Merit into this questing oath. As Avis is likely to fail or die in this task, the additional cost is 0.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

2. Likes Teeramus, Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
    E
    Ermac

Brown eyes behind spectacles watched the interaction between the various Magi who spoke. Miach's opinion raised a brow. The Independent could understand the Mystagogue's perspective. To use Abyssal knowledge against those who embraced it. Avis made her point abundantly clear. Nietzsche came to mind. With his eyes focusing upon Miach, he shook his head.

"Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one," he warned the congregation of Awakened.

Avis's Oath demonstrated her devotion to the cause. It was impressive to listen to hear her conviction. Ermac nodded in appreciation of his Cabalmate.

M
    Matrixchild

Hearing Star and Emrys' responses he looked to Star first and said, "hey, I agree with them being destroyed, my objection is with how casually the subject was brought up, and the unilateral nature in which the decision was made."

Turning to Emrys he said, "To be honest, you can call it containment all you want, but the way in which you presented this information is what I have a problem with. Yes, the cabals have discretion to make some decisions, but you yourself have previously 'lectured' me on the importance of involving the council, so I find it funny that in this matter you act as if the council is just a bunch of advisers, and before you try and object to that, you thanked those in support then went right back to the 'my decision is final' attitude about 'the arraignment with Councilor Flidais'. Regardless of Striker's involvement, a item with connection to the abyss was not brought to the council or my attention as Sentinel until this evening, and at the same time you announced the operation, you 'informed us' of your decision on the matter. And I'm not talking about micromanagement, I'm talking about a heads up and consultation with the other 'wisest of their path' about how to deal with an object with abyssal connections, something you seem to think isn't needed because of your own 'agency'." All Emrys ever wanted was to try and school someone. But he was flippant on the matter and July wouldn't let that go.

He then listened to Miach's comment about studying the abyss and Avis's response, which alleviated any need for him to comment.The abyss was bad, he knew that, Avis knew that, any smarty mage knew that. He respected her oath though. He didn't know how to respond, but he respected her conviction.

L
    LoneRanger

That was interesting. Robotech Defense Force memebers were working together to cripple Emrys. That was curious indeed. As far as I am concerned, I do respect Avis oath.
    True Story. Ok, it is used generally in another context. But anyway, I respect a person with such lofty and high ideal.
    I presume everybody in the room would agree that it is the most reasonable way to act. I just hope this includes stopping infighting, or banishing members of other Cabals.

Ah yes, in case you indulges carrying on, generally the structure identifies the substance and what is detrimental to it. For example, β-Lactam are antibioticts. They work by inhibiting the biosynthesis of the bacteria cell wall or if you cannot read this: the β-Lactam destroys the cell wall. Come on, it is simple. It is put at the simplest level.

Now, funny thig is that bacteria evolves structures, that falls into the category of enzymes. These demolish the peniciline. So what you do?

Do you classify the bacteria as Infernal or useless and burn any knoweldge of it? PS in this way entire population are condemned to death. PSS That may or may not be infernal, but it is criminal for sure.

Or you prepare analogues of peniciline to fight as antibioticts?

So to return to the topic at hand. Do you use the data you can recover from the radio to banish an eternal enemy of the whatever lives or throw it away, remaining clueless if this attack again?

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce regards Avis with a long and focused stare in reaction to her words. Not just the Oath that has been given, but the mention of Scelesti and their eradication from the city. It rings a tone deep within Truce.

"Well said, Councilor Avis," he remarks to her before turning back to July.

"Sentinel July, your concerns are noted. A well-informed Sentinel is a more effective one, after all. But I feel I must agree with Councilor Emrys who has this matter well in-hand. Please work with him to bring yourself up-to-date on the matter and to determine if there is indeed no further threat to the Consililum."

"Regarding the matter of these notes, I too would wish to see them destroyed to avoid repeated attempts to make contact with the Abyss, if they do happen to house that information. As a compromise I suggest that the notes be made available for investigation by the Mysterium representative during a set time period before being destroyed with a Guardian witness present. But, in agreement with Councilor Avis, I see no cause to force Councilor Emrys to make such a decision. The notes are within his care unless someone can find evidence to suggest they are indeed a threat, in which case this Council would be responsible to see to it that they are disposed of."

All the Councilor can offer are solutions, mediation, and a voice of reason. Whether the members decide to follow that reason is beyond his control for the moment.

7. Likes Cerberus liked this post

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley's mouth opens in surprise.

Oaths were powerful, powerful things. He had not expected this. Not from Avis. Her revelation about clearing out Scelesti only accentuated his surprise. For a moment, he could do little other than stare with a mixture of disquiet and admiration. Eventually, he shook himself and dragged his focus back to the question at hand.

"Um. How about the Council make the papers available to any who wish to check them? Why give one group special privelidge?"

He moved, winced a little, struggled in his seat.

Miach

PRE

While Miach didn't particularly agree with Emrys's explanation of his actions, it didn't actually matter so long as Knowledge was Preserved, and he merely nodded as a supporter of the general motion that the notes be kept.

That was also why he didn't agree with Avis's take on the situation, and shook his head in denegation. Sleepers studied with appropriate care and respect many things that could be lethal or even anathema to them - be it poisonous animals, drugs, radioactivity or the void of space, and grew stronger as a race from it. Regardless of his disagreement, she would have his support in her actions against GLO and the Banishers, and he nodded firmly in support as she swore an Oath obviously filled with Power. To the Enchanter, who was passingly familiar with Fate, it resonated even more. The dangers to it were obvious, but he would have her back on that. "Yes." he said stoically, for all around to hear if they had such a mind.

As for Crowley's opinion, it was all the more a proof that the Free Council and the Mysterium didn't think alike. "Because Knowledge has a Price, that not all can pay..." he thought, tskking, but he couldn't voice it aloud like that. "Because the dangers may be real indeed, and it would probably be wise to make sure those notes are only read by those who can safely do it ?" he said in reply to the former Herald, his tone more of a rhetoric question than sarcasm, though there was still perhaps a hint of it.

That said, the Curator then stood, and made an announcement of his own "On a different note... I would like to let everyone know that the Mysterium will try to provide even more help to this Consilium. Currently, it means that our Library's content, organized to support research on Grimoires and the Lex Magica, can mostly be made available on demand. Interested parties can talk with me anytime." to discuss the price, the Curator thought, but didn't actually say it...

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Emrys

PRE

And so he spoke, and so he spoke...

"Again your wrong on several points, but I'm not wasting more time on the matter. I brought it to your attention as soon as I was able given I thought the Sentinel with me would handle the security report but whatever. I'm done talking about this, either proclaim your desire for a duel or sit back down. If your problem is with me personally then you can whine at the Path meeting instead of wasting more of the entire Concilium's time saying the same things."

The Enchanter returned his attention to the rest of the Concilium. "I'll meet with Flidais at our earliest convenience to discuss the notes, and write a report for the Concilium regarding the results of the meeting, what I learned of the creature through Divination, and how we defeated the creature itself. If the creature should return I believe that will amply supply the Concilium with the information they need to fight it without telling every John and Jane Doe how to radio the Abyss."

Emrys continued to scan the crowd, though his eyes did linger on most the Enchanters for an extra second before continuing along. He couldn't help but wonder if this is how he sounded to Nous back in the day, but then a silent coup was a bit more immediately threatening then the way a report was given.

"I'd like to shelve my earlier concern for the Councilor meeting, is there any other business before the meeting adjourns?"

*Fools would kill a snake because it has venom and not even think about making an antivenom or how to prevent its harm.* Flidais thinks inwardly to herself she wanted to interject however was not sure there was so much to Address, Star's terrible logic, July's outburst and concerns, Avis's inanities... oh and that oath. She wanted to speak, to shout! To roar at everything they said that didn't make sense! but she didn't, she was so close to it but then Emrys spoke up, reasonable and clear. She shook her head briefly, things were going her way, mostly, no need to point out the issues at this stage then. Although that lingering doubt on the fate of the notes nagged at her. *Next meeting with Emrys I won't have my pack nor Tyria or Miach... I hope I can fight pancryptia alone.* With a slight smile Flidais gives a brief nod Emrys, acknowledging what he said, but not wanting to take to the floor.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

C
    Casitive

Unless you guys need more time to hash things out, let's call this an end in 48. Let me know in OOC if you need more time.

Page 12 of 14 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Last
Closed Thread